"Cheapest" Native 4k projectors?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yep. I remember that you had one for sale. Glad you were able to sell it. My wife's best friends husband is interested in buying mine off of me. Mind me asking how much you got for yours?
I was able to sell mine on eBay for $250.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Just revisting this thread I made. Ended up getting a refurbished Epson 5050UBe from Epson Canada for about 1600$ less than MSRP, and it still has the 2 year manufacturer warranty. I'm extremely happy with it.
View attachment 49356
That looks really good. I have heard nothing but good things about the 5050 from most of the owners. It really is a comparative beast next to the 8350, and the 8350 wasn't exactly a small projector.

It does look like the projector is pointed downwards a bit. (I could be wrong but...) For the love of God.... level your projector and use lens shift! Never, ever, ever use keystone correction unless you can't get enough lens shift or placement accuracy to avoid it. With a 5050 you shouldn't have an excuse. Level the projector, use lens shift to get it perfectly on screen. Make sure all keystone correction is turned off.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
That can't' be a common price for a newish projector?
The Epson 8350 was released back in 2009/2010. With the current costs of 1080p projectors, it's hard to get much more than that. I paid more for an Epson brand replacement bulb than what I sold it for. :p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The Epson 8350 was released back in 2009/2010. With the current costs of 1080p projectors, it's hard to get much more than that. I paid more for an Epson brand replacement bulb than what I sold it for. :p
Ah ok. I missed that part.

Fafy24

Fafy24

Audiophyte
Looking at upgrading my ~6 year old Epson Projector. I want to get into something that is 4k. Looking around, Sony and JVC seem to be the top choices. What is the "entry" point (price wise) for a good 4k Projector? 110" screen from ~9-14' viewing distance if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

}Fear_Inoculum{
Either Epson 5050 UB, OR JVC NX5, I will not go beyond these models for everyday use. I have been using these models for some time now, the picture quality and black levels are amazing in both of these models.
When used in a bat cave environment, the JVC performs at its true capacity with excellent black levels and decent image details.

A high-quality lens is being used which enables excellent image sharpness that is uniform across the screen. Upscaling and video processing are also fantastic with nice sharp edges without any unwanted ringing.

JVC DLA-NX5 is one of the best home theater projectors so you should expect solid dynamics, stunning blacks, and excellent shadow details adding depth to the image quality.

Colors are also amazing with realistic skin tone giving this model a cinematic edge over most of the home cinema projectors in the market.

JVC DLA-NX5 doesn’t include the wide color gamut filter unlike upper models (N7, N9). Thanks to the dynamic tone mapping, JVC has now the most convincing HDR images on this best projector.

With mid-tone shadows and deep blacks, it adds depth and texture to the HDR images with very realistic and visible details.

Epson home cinema 5050UB is a native 1080p unit that uses pixel shifting to produce 4K just like other DLP 4K projectors.

The difference is, Epson projector uses 2k or 4 million pixels while other DLP machines use 8.3 million pixels on the screen. So the 5050UB is super sharp, but the newer 4K DLP machines are sharper like the BenQ3550.

HDR content is stunningly good. It is not only brighter and crispier than most options at this price tag, but there are so many options for you to adjust the way the HDR looks.

With the ambient light on, the brightness is way better than other high-end models on the market. Overall is this is bright and color accurate.

A lot of times when the image gets real big, you will see those bands of colors start to separate. The 12-bit video processing in Epson home cinema 5050UB prevents that. Everything is smooth even during streaming on a really big screen.

This 4K home projector has one of the best implementations of HDMI-CEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Either Epson 5050 UB, OR JVC NX5, I will not go beyond these models for everyday use. I have been using these models for some time now, the picture quality and black levels are amazing in both of these models.
When used in a bat cave environment, JVC DLA-NX5 performs at its true capacity with excellent black levels and decent image details.

A high-quality lens is being used which enables excellent image sharpness that is uniform across the screen. Upscaling and video processing are also fantastic with nice sharp edges without any unwanted ringing.

JVC DLA-NX5 is one of the best home theater projectors so you should expect solid dynamics, stunning blacks, and excellent shadow details adding depth to the image quality.

Colors are also amazing with realistic skin tone giving this model a cinematic edge over most of the home cinema projectors in the market.

JVC DLA-NX5 doesn’t include the wide color gamut filter unlike upper models (N7, N9). Thanks to the dynamic tone mapping, JVC has now the most convincing HDR images on this best projector.

With mid-tone shadows and deep blacks, it adds depth and texture to the HDR images with very realistic and visible details.

Epson home cinema 5050UB is a native 1080p unit that uses pixel shifting to produce 4K just like other DLP 4K projectors.

The difference is, Epson projector uses 2k or 4 million pixels while other DLP machines use 8.3 million pixels on the screen. So the 5050UB is super sharp, but the newer 4K DLP machines are sharper like the BenQ3550.

HDR content is stunningly good. It is not only brighter and crispier than most options at this price tag, but there are so many options for you to adjust the way the HDR looks.

With the ambient light on, the brightness is way better than other high-end models on the market. Overall is this is bright and color accurate.

A lot of times when the image gets real big, you will see those bands of colors start to separate. The 12-bit video processing in Epson home cinema 5050UB prevents that. Everything is smooth even during streaming on a really big screen.

This 4K home projector has one of the best implementations of HDMI-CEC.
I ended up with a 5050UBe (refurbished) directly from Epson Canada. It was 1600$ less than MSRP and has a full 2 year warranty.

Cheers.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
You could wait and watch on Amazon, and look for a deal on an Amazon warehouse projector. I got my 295ES for $3400. Brand new. Unopened. Had a dent in the cardboard.

Didn't see that you already bought a projector. That Epson is good choice.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis