D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Expert on Fox said Ford loses $60k per EV. He said the big winner with this is Tesla since they bypass organized labor. Be interesting to know if EVs are even sustainable within the market.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You can get this beauty for a fraction of the cost at Mecum.:)
1695495302054.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if the Biden admin is pushing some of this. It doesn't even feel like the EV market is getting off the ground.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
LOL they can get a 400ci in the Firebird. I like them, but Camaro's cousin?

Crazy.....
LOL...
Wow that color...
More a later "bubble" Nova fan, but this one is pretty kicking. The interior is bad ass...
Maybe Mikado can reply to this. Camaro Z28 looks like a Trans Am LOL.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Crazy.....
LOL...
Wow that color...
More a later "bubble" Nova fan, but this one is pretty kicking. The interior is bad ass...
Maybe Mikado can reply to this. Camaro Z28 looks like a Trans Am LOL.
Not sure exactly what your asking…but firebird and Camaro were built on the same platform. “Fbody”. So they are definitely cousins.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Back in the 80's We put a Big block 427 L68 in a 69 Firebird which had a blown 400 W66. The motor fit perfect. Had some major rewiring to do, changed out the brake booster, new brakes, added a Ford 9 bolt, M21 4 speed. Oh and some hood modifications. What a little beast. White with a blue stripe. Cool car, my friend still has it to this day, with some newer mods.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The body is the same size?
Pretty much. The subframes are the same, and many parts exchange. Quarter panels and fenders are unique to each brand however, but I believe the main shell(roof) is the same. Been. Long time since I competed notes. A trip to googletron with a comparison search should give you details.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Why didn't the El Camino catch on more? Too small an engine? It's like a truck but a car. Throw on some muscle wheels and it seems pretty bad ass to me.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Why didn't the El Camino catch on more? Too small an engine? It's like a truck but a car. Throw on some muscle wheels and it seems pretty bad ass to me.
Do some research. late 60's Chevrolet swapped out the 396 for a 402ci (6.6-liter V8) engine while retaining horsepower and the SS396 (emblem 396) model designation. Also released (mid-year) was a new top-of-the-line engine, the massive 454 big block (7.4 liter V8), available in LS5 and LS6 versions, producing 360 and 450 hp respectively. Equipped with this engine and compatible 400 trans and 12 bolt rear-end combo, the sedan pickup managed a 1/4 mile time of 13.44 seconds - at a speed of 108.17 mph. A few guys are restomoding, the 69 and 70's models with LS3's, and RoadsterShop chassis. Sweet ride and all the benefits of a modern vehicle plus easy to maintain, and if you want more power, bigger throttle body, or add a supercharger along with rods and pistions and different cam.. .

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think el caminos are cool and we’re kinda popular. Imo the problem with them, and rancheros was they were too light duty for a real payload, and like all trucks, there’s not enough weight over the back tires. So if you put too much muscle under the hood, all you do is smoke the tires when trying to go really fast. Can’t spank any mustangs if you’re sitting at the lights boiling the tires! Lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Do some research. late 60's Chevrolet swapped out the 396 for a 402ci (6.6-liter V8) engine while retaining horsepower and the SS396 (emblem 396) model designation. Also released (mid-year) was a new top-of-the-line engine, the massive 454 big block (7.4 liter V8), available in LS5 and LS6 versions, producing 360 and 450 hp respectively. Equipped with this engine and compatible 400 trans and 12 bolt rear-end combo, the sedan pickup managed a 1/4 mile time of 13.44 seconds - at a speed of 108.17 mph.
Yes! The chevelle Camino. Definitely cool.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yes! The chevelle Camino. Definitely cool.
I've always wanted one. Its one car/truck that you just can't find that hasn't been dogged to death or rusted out, unless of course its been a decent restoration or is setting in some car collection with low low miles and that gets rather $$$.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis