D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
We had a new ZO6 show up to our local 'coffee & cars' this morning, sweet !
Sweet. Corvette seems to reinvent themselves better than just about any brand. The bodies over the years look more diverse. Mustang was pretty much done after '65--early 70s. Challenger has always been pretty much the same body style LOL. It works though. Corvette though stands out IMO.

Edit: though it was the Ford GT from the 2000s that really sparked the high-end sports car market IMO.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I was thinking of the 80/90s Rangers. Can't really comment on the F150, but I believe they sell more of those than any other. Not sure what happened to the Chevy truck? Though the Silverado has probably had the longest run of any Chevy truck. Come to think of it there isn't really a Chevy truck that stands on it's own s/t. Weird.
Depends on who you ask I guess. For me, the F-150 doesn’t even exist. The Silverado/Sierra is a great truck. Ironically I drive a ram.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Depends on who you ask I guess. For me, the F-150 doesn’t even exist. The Silverado/Sierra is a great truck. Ironically I drive a ram.
I think today the F150 outsells the others. I know though in the 90s the Ram was pretty huge. I personally would drive a Ram or Silverado before a Ford.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think today the F150 outsells the others. I know though in the 90s the Ram was pretty huge. I personally would drive a Ram or Silverado before a Ford.
They might sell more of them, but it’s not a better truck!!!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
when it comes to the 30 mph crash test, Ford is a much better truck and I'm a Chevy guy !

But as for the Ford Bronco, complete POS !
Agreed on the bronco. I think the full size one looks pretty cool but it’s mostly meh. For the crash test, I guess the 30mph rating isn’t something I care about when evaluating a truck. Not that it doesn’t matter, just that other things matter more.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not a huge convertible fan but do like it on this '65.
1693754290007.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed on the bronco. I think the full size one looks pretty cool but it’s mostly meh. For the crash test, I guess the 30mph rating isn’t something I care about when evaluating a truck. Not that it doesn’t matter, just that other things matter more.
Three friends of mine have the Eco-Boost six on their F150's and are more than happy

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Three friends of mine have the Eco-Boost six on their F150's and are more than happy
I know a couple too who also have been happy. I’m glad they work for those guys. I’m just never putting one in my garage. Lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like we agree on a lot. I've always loved GM vehicles, but my last few have been Dodge, and I have no regrets. Yet.

My old v6 Ram never had a single issue, but I bought it new and took care of it. Same with my wife's Durango. My used diesel Ram had another owner before me and they took care of it, but it's showing it's age at this point. No truck payment means more money for parts. Some are fun, some aren't. Working on things is fun, but it's too damn hot out.

My fall is going to be busy.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
They might sell more of them, but it’s not a better truck!!!
I've got 83K on my F150 3.7 eco -boast and haven't had any issues. Our contractor has a brand new Chev $110k and its been in the shop 4 times for crap. All of these American made trucks and cars, there is crap in all makes ,I don't care who makes it. And the same can be said for Euro and Japaneses brands.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've got 83K on my F150 3.7 eco -boast and haven't had any issues. Our contractor has a brand new Chev $110k and its been in the shop 4 times for crap. All of these American made trucks and cars, there is crap in all makes ,I don't care who makes it. And the same can be said for Euro and Japaneses brands.
Can’t disagree much there. You’d think that in this day in age, you’d be able to say, they’re all pretty damn good! Instead, it’s like you wrote, they all have some crap. I have a friend with a new silverado. It has a 3.0 duramax. It’s really nice, but it throws codes all the time. I think it’s a software bug. I miss the good ol days when your carb was connected to a steel rod, and a lever on the gas pedal. Lol

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Can’t disagree much there. You’d think that in this day in age, you’d be able to say, they’re all pretty damn good! Instead, it’s like you wrote, they all have some crap. I have a friend with a new silverado. It has a 3.0 duramax. It’s really nice, but it throws codes all the time. I think it’s a software bug. I miss the good ol days when your carb was connected to a steel rod, and a lever on the gas pedal. Lol
I still have a few cars ( chev's) with nothing but a carb(s), dual point distributors, no ABS, simple automatics and 4 speeds. That's was the good old days where when you opened your hood, you could actually see the ground and your spark plugs and you didn't have to own metric tools.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis