Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have a pro-touring first gen Camaro, so I’m good. It’s not in the same league, but it’s pretty damn good.
We've had a couple well executed first and second gen Camaros show up at our local 'coffee & car' gatherings. They all bring back the great memories of my youth and the early days of the Trans Am series

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
We've had a couple well executed first and second gen Camaros show up at our local 'coffee & car' gatherings. They all bring back the great memories of my youth and the early days of the Trans Am series
this one is in my buds storage garage. A real mccoy. OF course he's got loads of other cars. He's into restoring old cars ( resto's)

69 yanko427_4_12bolt_123379n700681.jpg

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sweet Chris, I'm jealous !!!!

A real Yenko, nice !!!
it sure is, he picked it up about 13 years old on a trade for a few of his cars( resto mods). He's a older auto enthusiast, 79 ( got's plenty of fun money for his hobby) but that's the only muscle car in his possession. His only issues, is like I did he lives to darn close to the beach and storm surge is a real threat. That's the reason we sold and moved in March, I think he's not to far behind in listing his home.

My fav car right now is the 54 Buick he's doing the resto own. LS376/480, 6L80 Trans all on a special custom Roadster Shop chassis. Work in progress, has been for 2 years.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Trans am was pretty much over by the time I could really appreciate it. My dads house was right across the highway from Brainerd international raceway. So I grew with fuel cars. Still love nitro in the morning! But I am also saddened by the continued support of them only running 1000’. Another time maybe.
I always wanted to make my Camaro into a pro street car, but after spending my first 30 odd years in drag racing, pro touring seemed like a much more “practical” way to go fast. I can still embarrass plenty of street cars from light to light, but also rip the on ramp to the freeway at 80mph!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Trans am was pretty much over by the time I could really appreciate it. My dads house was right across the highway from Brainerd international raceway. So I grew with fuel cars. Still love nitro in the morning! But I am also saddened by the continued support of them only running 1000’. Another time maybe.
I always wanted to make my Camaro into a pro street car, but after spending my first 30 odd years in drag racing, pro touring seemed like a much more “practical” way to go fast. I can still embarrass plenty of street cars from light to light, but also rip the on ramp to the freeway at 80mph!
I got pulled over on the freeway onramp lol. I was doing 65, the limit, and happened be getting on just as a cop was rolling from the opposite cloverleaf. This onramp is a long, double apex turn that is fun to hit. He sped up and got RIGHT on my ass (no overhead lights), it was night so he just looked like any other a$$hat and I gassed it. About 90 and pulling away from him, he put on his lights and pulled me over. First he said "Do you know how fast you were going?" To which I replied "65, the speed necessary to enter a freeway". He fumbled for a second, then he asked why I sped up, and I said I thought he was messing with me. Young cop, he had an attitude, whatever, he got me clear and free anyway so not much I could say. I took off, he took the ramp and went back around and it looked like he sat where he was again. We went to dinner and when we came back, there he was with another person pulled over in the same spot, so he's just targeting that spot.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Teh Secks. It literally looks like they built something straight out of Speed Racer.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
William, the Trans Am series is alive and well. I've been to the race at Watkins Glen several times.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used to go to IMSA/GTP every year. That was fun, touring car and CAN-AM would usually be on that day as well.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Another series I used to enjoy going to was the CAN-AM series. Something about seeing those Chaparrals , the Porsche 917/30 Group 7 cars putting down lots of power and speed.
Chris, you jogged some good memories, back in the sixties when I was slot car racing (you and I are old enough to remember them !), one of my 1/24th scale cars was a Chaparral bodied car

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Chris, you jogged some good memories, back in the sixties when I was slot car racing (you and I are old enough to remember them !), one of my 1/24th scale cars was a Chaparral bodied car
Slot cars, remember those well, lots of fun. I had a BHR Donohue Lola T70 Mk. 3 . There are 2 slot car tracks within 15 miles of me around the Daytona area. .

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Lucky you ! and I'm sure you remember for series performance the big tracks operated on battery power for max speed !

Perhaps we should discuss further over on the 'EV' thread, LOL !

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Lucky you ! and I'm sure you remember for series performance the big tracks operated on battery power for max speed !

Perhaps we should discuss further over on the 'EV' thread, LOL !
There are still some guys heavy into 1/24 scale drag racing

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Anybody going to the Vintage weekend at Watkins Glen next month ? (8th - 10th)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Anybody going to the Vintage weekend at Watkins Glen next month ? (8th - 10th)
I loved going to the Brian Redmond International Challenge (BRIC) at Road America in WI. That would make a nice weekend get away. Never been to Watkins Glen. Only driven it in race simulators. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't been to Elkhart Lake since the eighties, would love to get back once more for either the Indy Car or IMSA weekend

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I try to get to the 24hr of Daytona and the 12 hrs of Sebring, if the weather and the funds, cooperate. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis