Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
got any pics Eppie ?
My brother in law would likely have some paper photos of the car. I'll have to ask next time I visit. He has always been a car nut and home mechanic. He gave me a '56 Ford Customline 2-door that was all original except for paint. I returned the car to him after a few years of enjoyment and lack of funds for a proper restoration. He had a '69 Nova SS that he restored and moded that would do 12's in the quarter mile. I don't think he kept the Vega for very long. He bought and sold cars often. He currently has a 1949 Mercury Monarch (made in Canada only). Full body off restoration with NOS parts. Looks like it rolled out of the factory. It's also for sale. ;) The original ad on carandclassic.com has been pulled but I found a photo:
1949-mercury-monarch-007.jpg

I friend of mine had a photo of my '56 Ford and a buddy's MG. That was during university when I worked as a repair tech and car audio installer.
56 Ford and MG.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I trust you're making better vehicular choices today ! ;)
I think so and sincerely hope so. Still like small fuel-efficient cars so I'm currently driving a 2023 Subaru Crosstrek. I do like having all wheel drive.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Subie owners area faithful bunch, I should know, my wife is one of them ......

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Fastest cars you have owned? Me - a mid 1980s Nissan 280 zx turbo. That thing could push you back into your seat when you floored it. Alas a long time gone...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
fastest and quickest, two completely different animals.

my quickest (1/4 mile, 10.14 @135 mph) - '86 Monte Carlo SS

my fastest 2002 Corvette ZO6

Monte motor pic.JPG
ZO6 new wheelsZO.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
cool garage and a great efficient design given the space constraints.........

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Subie owners area faithful bunch, I should know, my wife is one of them ......
There is a bunch of Subies in our neighborhood. They are everywhere. Of course there is a dealer 10 miles down the road. Most are Outbacks and most of those are the older 3.6.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
There is a bunch of Subies in our neighborhood. They are everything. Of course there is a dealer 10 miles down the road. Most are Outbacks and most of those are the older 3.6.
This is my 1st Subaru; I'll have to give it some time to see how I like it long term. So far at 6 months I'm more than happy with it. BTW traded in a 2020 Kia Sportage with less than 10000 miles on it because of the fact that had no immobilizer, and that model was gelling stolen at alarming rates. Good news it was a 3-year-old car in immaculate condition, and I got almost as much as it cost me in a trade in. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is a bunch of Subies in our neighborhood. They are everywhere. Of course there is a dealer 10 miles down the road. Most are Outbacks and most of those are the older 3.6.
I have two currently, a 2010 STI hatch and a 2011 STI sedan. The 3.6 is more expensive to repair than the 2.5L or the 2.5L turbo simply because they made less of them and parts are more costly. They tend to pretty much last forever though and they are nice and tourquey and smooth. 3.6 was discontinued and those cars now receive the 2.4L turbo that first appeared in the Ascent.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have two currently, a 2010 STI hatch and a 2011 STI sedan. The 3.6 is more expensive to repair than the 2.5L or the 2.5L turbo simply because they made less of them and parts are more costly. They tend to pretty much last forever though and they are nice and tourquey and smooth. 3.6 was discontinued and those cars now receive the 2.4L turbo that first appeared in the Ascent.
Good to know that to that they pretty much last forever. :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It's now turbo turbo turbo. Lets put a turbo on it. The big issue is when that turbo lets go, its not cheap to repair or replace and there are so many associated parts that can impact the efficiency and reliability of a turbo..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's now turbo turbo turbo. Lets put a turbo on it. The big issue is when that turbo lets go, its not cheap to repair or replace and there are so many associated parts that can impact the efficiency and reliability of a turbo..
Turbos last more than 100K these days. My 2010 has 137K on original motor and turbo. Low pressure turbos are what is more common now. It allows a smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient motor which is why it is popular. Yes, there are a lot of heat related things that pretty much will fail over time, but with so many companies building turbos now, turbo reliability is far less of an issue. Just use good quality oil and they will last.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
While a turbo is another part that can fail, you have to take into consideration how efficient some of these new motors are. It's crazy the MPG they can get with a small, but still somewhat powerful motor.

The turbo on my truck has at least 220k miles on it. It's not showing any signs of needing to be replaced. It will though. Someday.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
While a turbo is another part that can fail, you have to take into consideration how efficient some of these new motors are. It's crazy the MPG they can get with a small, but still somewhat powerful motor.

The turbo on my truck has at least 220k miles on it. It's not showing any signs of needing to be replaced. It will though. Someday.
I've got 85k on my F150 3.5 twin turbo, so far, so good.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
My brother in law has almost 200k on his.

He drives the crap out of that truck.
That's great to know, I was getting worried at my current mileage.

The only issue I have had with this Ford, is the front bumper, Its steel and the body is aluminum and its rusting at the bolt holes that connect the two together. Of course Ford notes, its not their problem. So its like wait, or spend $900 for another one or hunt one down at a junk yard for less $$ and have it painted and mounted by some talented buddies.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's great to know, I was getting worried at my current mileage.

The only issue I have had with this Ford, is the front bumper, Its steel and the body is aluminum and its rusting at the bolt holes that connect the two together. Of course Ford notes, its not their problem. So its like wait, or spend $900 for another one or hunt one down at a junk yard for less $$ and have it painted and mounted by some talented buddies.
Stuff like that is why I'm not a Ford fan. It's little things that annoy me, but that's another conversation.

My neighbor had an Echoboost in his f-150 and his motor crapped out at 120k. It was the turbos too. That's apparently what happens with the Echoboost motors at some point. Turbos die, replace motor.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis