Car modding/projects thread!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
At what point will you have paid more in parts than the car?
I won't. This build will not be more then what I paid. Either way, I didn't pay a lot for the car, and most of this stuff adds to the value, being mostly OEM parts rebuild properly.

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
At what point will you have paid more in parts than the car?
Hi Wafflesomd,

In the automotive hobby it's normal to pay more for parts than a car is worth let alone what you paid for it.:)

SBF1

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Done.

Car starts tomorrow after I get my Spark Plugs and Wires.

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
VVVVVroommmm VVVVVroommmm!

I'll bet your excited to get on to the next thing. (car ?/ av? / bike?):cool:

SBF1

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It's Alive!

But dead again because the ECU is bunk. Could be a few weeks before I receive a new one.

SheepStar

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yo Sheep,

What's the latest on your ride?

Anything new?

SBF1

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yo Sheep,

What's the latest on your ride?

Anything new?

SBF1
It runs, but the Chassis is in such rough shape (dents, rust, blown suspension) I bought a new civic, and am Rebuilding the entire Engine and Transmission. Whether or not it goes into my new civic, is still undecided. I am going to rebuild it though for fun, and something to do in my spare time. The new Civic is a US car with a 4 speed Manual. It's the super gas saver edition. My old car is parked for now, and I hope to start pulling the motor soon. I will part the chassis out as much as possible before I send it off to be crushed.

Old Civic:

New Civic:

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What is it with you and those '89 EFs? ;)
1.) The New car is a 91 ED, you can tell by the bumper.

2.) By buying the same car again, all the parts from my old car transfer over. Thusly, not making all the money invested wasted.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What's with the bumper being unpainted then? Hmmm...just noticed that the WHOLE bumper was unpainted. You said high mileage model? What model is it? Also, I thought they only had the 4sp in 89? 90 and up were 5sp. Sorry, meant ED, not EF :eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What's with the bumper being unpainted then? Hmmm...just noticed that the WHOLE bumper was unpainted. You said high mileage model? What model is it? Also, I thought they only had the 4sp in 89? 90 and up were 5sp. Sorry, meant ED, not EF :eek:
The bumper color isn't the indicator, the grill changed between 89 and 90. The black pumpers are just the trim level (base or CX). DX had the option for painted bumpers, and Si was standard. The 4 speed was a US only transmission, and a CS/Base only Transmission.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I can see what you are talking about with the front grille, because that one is the same as my 91 (Si). The tail lights were different on the 89 vs 90 (or 91?) and up too. I was pretty sure that in 89, they didn't paint the top of the bumpers, only the bottom portion when they were painted, and there was no Si in 89.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I can see what you are talking about with the front grille, because that one is the same as my 91 (Si). The tail lights were different on the 89 vs 90 (or 91?) and up too. I was pretty sure that in 89, they didn't paint the top of the bumpers, only the bottom portion when they were painted, and there was no Si in 89.
There was an Si in 89... my white car is an 89 Si. But yes, the tops of the 88-89 bumpers where not painted (like my Si). I don't care for the bumper paint, I prefer the Panda look anyway (minus the white). I'm contemplating putting my black spoiler on... we'll have to see.

This is a local guys car. I know him through VCC. This is what I wanted to do with my White car, but I didn't have a decent body.

SheepStar

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Not an engine mod, but a car mod nonetheless...

a constant work in progress :eek:

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
74 ford f100 that looks like someone attacked it with a sledgehammer, but the 360fe modified to a 410 stroker puts out over 360hp to the wheels......and can we say cheap insurance....:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
74 ford f100 that looks like someone attacked it with a sledgehammer, but the 360fe modified to a 410 stroker puts out over 360hp to the wheels......and can we say cheap insurance....:D
Must be hard keepin' that back end in check.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Looky what I picked up. Little bling that will go good with my rims.

They are so light, you forget that these actually hold on wheels.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis