Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

A

aceinc

Audioholic
As far as the other weapons you mention they are all explosives. People can own explosives they require special training and licenses. Again I would have no trouble with what someone purchases through legitimate channels. Biden is arming terrorist all over the world with them right now. Why are you ok with that and have a problem with law biding citizens that do not want to harm anyone owning them? You should be more angry about the terrorist since it is your money buying weapons for them that you can't own. Are you aware how silly your logic and reasoning actually is?
I am not anti-guns. I am pro training and responsibility, including meaningful education, tracking and insurance.

If "People can own explosives they require special training and licenses." then any weapon which can kill 10s of people easily should require the same.

Last edited:
A

aceinc

Audioholic
Also, while both an RPG and a Howitzer have explosive ordinance, technically they are still guns.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
I am not anti-guns. I am pro training and responsibility, including meaningful education, tracking and insurance.

If "People can own explosives they require special training and licenses." then any weapon which can kill 10s of people easily should require the same.
Show me the part in The Constitution where the government gets to be my daddy? Where they have the right to know where I am 24/7 know what I own. Maybe you need to learn to read The Constitution. It is wrote primarily for 2 reasons. It was to keep mini tyrants like you from infringing on my rights and to keep the government from infringing on everyone's rights. We have the right to militias and to keep and bear arms incase the lunatics and the lunatics in government get out of control. We have the first amendment to expose your ideas for the garbage they are before we need the 2nd.

Last edited:
robladw

robladw

Audioholic
Also, while both an RPG and a Howitzer have explosive ordinance, technically they are still guns.
Well this is another debate. Much of our history such things including war ships did have private owners. We agreed to this largely because of the National Guard acting as the militia for the states.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If anyone can show that people are being killed with Howitzers, RPGs, machine guns or other weapons that may be on a tripod or hard mount, great- until then, let's keep this in the real world.

This topic needs to be considered with a clear head, with less emotion. For that reason, it has been debated for decades. I woke up last night and couldn't sleep, so I looked for something to watch on TV- Dragnet was on (god, that's some grate acting.........) with Friday & Gannon appearing on a TV show to present the opposing side to an activist/lawyer and hippie/underground newspaper guy played by Howard Hessman (Dr Johnny Fever, from WKRP in Cincinnatti) as they commented about heavy-handed policing. When they began to have citizens go to the mic for Q&A, the two topics were: Gun control and Marijuana.

My, how times have changed. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Well this is another debate. Much of our history such things including war ships did have private owners. We agreed to this largely because of the National Guard acting as the militia for the states.
And because, at times, the government may not have had the cash to finance the cost, whether Federal or Confederate Army/Navy. Well, technically, they NEVER have the money, but now, they don't bother to fund anything, they just ship it out.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
Show me the part in The Constitution where the government gets to be my daddy? Where they have the right to know where I am 24/7 know what I own. Maybe you need to learn to read The Constitution. It is wrote primarily for 2 reasons. It was to keep mini tyrants like you from infringing on my rights and to keep the government from infringing on everyone's rights. We have the right to militias and to keep and bear arms incase the lunatics and the lunatics in government get out of control. We have the first amendment to expose your ideas for the garbage they are before we need the 2nd.
The SCOTUS has ruled that the government gets to be your daddy regarding guns on a number of occasions, since they are the ultimate authority on interpreting the Constitution, you now know the answer to that age old question "Who's your daddy?"

Gew

Gew

Audiophyte
Most of you guys live in the US, correct? I'm currently residing in northern Europe (work related), and here people would more or less panic is guns were allowed amongst ordinary people. Just saying.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Most of you guys live in the US, correct? I'm currently residing in northern Europe (work related), and here people would more or less panic is guns were allowed amongst ordinary people. Just saying.
That depends as hunting is popular and I don't worry about armed hunters in their "natural" context, nor do most others. On the other hand we don't see armed hunters strolling around down town and drinking beer, nor do we see, like in USA, neo-Nazis armed with assault weapons marching in predominately black quarters.

In Sweden you'll see hunting towers in many places, even near cities:

1621958903417.png

Last edited:
robladw

robladw

Audioholic
The SCOTUS has ruled that the government gets to be your daddy regarding guns on a number of occasions, since they are the ultimate authority on interpreting the Constitution, you now know the answer to that age old question "Who's your daddy?"

Really now? I can not think of anything they have done that kept me from buying any gun I wanted to own. Or giving them to any person I wanted to have one. No national registry I live in an open carry state. So how are they my daddy exactly?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As far as the other weapons you mention they are all explosives. People can own explosives they require special training and licenses. Again I would have no trouble with what someone purchases through legitimate channels. Biden is arming terrorist all over the world with them right now. Why are you ok with that and have a problem with law biding citizens that do not want to harm anyone owning them? You should be more angry about the terrorist since it is your money buying weapons for them that you can't own. Are you aware how silly your logic and reasoning actually is?
It's people with poor mental functioning like you that I have trouble with owning guns. The US has been arming anyone with money for years, terrorists included, republicans and democrats included.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
It's people with poor mental functioning like you that I have trouble with owning guns. The US has been arming anyone with money for years, terrorists included, republicans and democrats included.
One President did not, thank you very much. In fact he stopped it and took much heat from both wings of the uni-party and moronic inbreds that believed Russia-Gate. My money is you being one of them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One President did not, thank you very much. In fact he stopped it and took much heat from both wings of the uni-party and moronic inbreds that believed Russia-Gate. My money is you being one of them.
LOL you mean drumphy? You just generally like to believe lying pieces of shite? Sure puts you in a great light :) What did drumphy do exactly? He sold arms to Saudia Arabia, known terrorists of the highest regard. Or are you just a homegrown knuckledragging republican terrorist like we've had such problems with for the last many years?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got a link?

highfigh

highfigh

That depends as hunting is popular and I don't worry about armed hunters in their "natural" context, nor do most others. On the other hand we don't see armed hunters strolling around down town and drinking beer, nor do we see, like in USA, neo-Nazis armed with assault weapons marching in predominately black quarters.
Fortunately, the Neo's stay fairly close to their home base, which is often in sparsely-populated areas and that's a good thing. The last thing we need is for people who don't like each other to declare open season. It's bad enough that some people have declared that in cities as it is.

When this kind of thing happens, it's time for change-

highfigh

highfigh

This didn't help- not a huge number, but an indicator of part of the problem.

US illegal gun trade has a wide range and it's very lucrative- if they didn't make a lot of money, it would stop. Stolen guns, guns sold to straw buyers, sold by criminals to criminals- these are very difficult to prevent and trace.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
Really now? I can not think of anything they have done that kept me from buying any gun I wanted to own. Or giving them to any person I wanted to have one. No national registry I live in an open carry state. So how are they my daddy exactly?
Which is why I provided the handy link to a Wikipedia page showing all of the gun laws upheld by the SCOTUS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis