Cadence CSX MKII 12 / 15

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Its really just the picture, that TV stand is pretty low, and the smaller satellite speakers just help it look even bigger..

But the 15 is a beast:)

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Its really just the picture, that TV stand is pretty low, and the smaller satellite speakers just help it look even bigger..
He's right. Perhaps I should quantify that as well...

The table in only 19.5" tall, the TV is a 42" and those satellites measure just 5"x7.8"x5.5" (WHD), so none of the other items in the picture are all that large. The CSX 12 is on the larger side for a 12" sub -- closer in size to a 15" unit -- but in a more typical environment it wouldn't stand out as much as it does in my configuration.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
How's the review coming along? Any hints as to the results you care to share?

Gene

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
How's the review coming along? Any hints as to the results you care to share?
I've put it through the gamut of my tests and have pretty much all my notes done now, so at this point it's down to writing the actual review. I'll be in Chicago all next week on a business trip though, so I doubt they'll be any time to write it until I get back home.

As far as anything to share... well, I'll heighten the suspense by keeping quiet. :p But based upon what I've found thus far I suspect CadenceSound will be please by my evaluation. ;)

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
I've put it through the gamut of my tests and have pretty much all my notes done now, so at this point it's down to writing the actual review. I'll be in Chicago all next week on a business trip though, so I doubt they'll be any time to write it until I get back home.

As far as anything to share... well, I'll heighten the suspense by keeping quiet. :p But based upon what I've found thus far I suspect CadenceSound will be please by my evaluation. ;)

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Can you post some pictures without photo filters? I've looked at them all and still have no idea what they look like lol, all this vinetting and **** lol.

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Can you post some pictures without photo filters? I've looked at them all and still have no idea what they look like lol, all this vinetting and **** lol.
Not sure what your looking for, Nothing was added to the pic that would change the over-all look of the sub...what you see, is what you get. More pics will be up soon...;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even in my pic it is kind of hard to see:

My camera died and I STILL haven't gotten around to replacing it with one that I like. Want to go DSLR, but have had too much to get around to spending the time and funds to pick up a nice camera. Don't want another point and shoot.

This one gives you maybe a bit better idea of the size:

*edit I showed this one in the review:

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Even in my pic it is kind of hard to see:

My camera died and I STILL haven't gotten around to replacing it with one that I like. Want to go DSLR, but have had too much to get around to spending the time and funds to pick up a nice camera. Don't want another point and shoot.

This one gives you maybe a bit better idea of the size:

*edit I showed this one in the review:

That's much better! It's just when adding those filters to photos it can change the look a lot. See how your shows the front is glossy (reflection of your wall). The other I couldn't tell if it was a gloss for flat black face.

I hate to bust chops hehe. It's not that big of a deal, I appreciate both of you posting photos. Looks like a cool unit, excited for the reviews.

As far as a dSLR, there is an Off Topic thread that has lots of info or feel free to PM me!

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I just mean don't process theme like below (edges, Holga type looking filter or something). We want to see it in all it's beauty. :)
Here's a couple "au naturel"...

Attachments

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
All good stuff! RAW pics show too much detail, and takes away from the subs true beauty! One of those things you gotta see to believe:)

But either way, glad you guys are enjoying our subs:)

For those calling saying they can not find the site to order,
http://www.cadencesound.com/categories/Home-Audio/

We have changed around our site, but its right under Home Audio;)

And yes we take orders over the phone, or email; Ryko@Cadencesound.com

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I'd also like to see a review of the speakers. Like the F19: For 100 bucks a very sensitive (96dB/w) speaker that on paper looks perfect to match with a receiver. A lot of speakers sold now days almost require separates to get their full potential due to impedance, low sensitivity, and so forth.

I struggle to find budget speakers that meet that criteria lately. If those sound good, for 300 bucks someone could have LCRs that would pair well with an entry level receiver. For 500, LCR and rears (I don't see the point in saving 10 bucks for their smaller one)....so 900 + shipping for a subwoofer and five matching speakers.

That's less than I paid for one of mine.

I wish I could hear them. I suck at recommending budget speakers now since they mostly are internet direct so there isn't a place to demo them.

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
I'd also like to see a review of the speakers. Like the F19: For 100 bucks a very sensitive (96dB/w) speaker that on paper looks perfect to match with a receiver. A lot of speakers sold now days almost require separates to get their full potential due to impedance, low sensitivity, and so forth.

I struggle to find budget speakers that meet that criteria lately. If those sound good, for 300 bucks someone could have LCRs that would pair well with an entry level receiver. For 500, LCR and rears (I don't see the point in saving 10 bucks for their smaller one)....so 900 + shipping for a subwoofer and five matching speakers.

That's less than I paid for one of mine.

I wish I could hear them. I suck at recommending budget speakers now since they mostly are internet direct so there isn't a place to demo them.
Ill try to get more reviews for other things up, but this thread is dedicated to for our mighty little subs:)

Stay tuned though, you will see more from us

D

datacomboss

Audiophyte
When do you guys plan on running another promotion on the subs?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis