Buying a new tv today

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
72CC2C1E-5D4F-42FC-9885-770E56DA7595.jpeg

Here it is guys. Don’t mind the room. I’m re-wiring everything today and swapping in a pair of Mirage OM-6’s for mains so it’s a complete revamp

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
20070A18-362E-49CC-9A06-29184D1ADACB.jpeg

Here it is, using a pair of Mirage OM-6’s I found in a storage locker that were new old stock for $150 for the pair and a Paradigm CC570 v4. I actually like the Paradigm CC much more than the Mirage OMD-C1, OM-C2 and the OMD-C2 it replaced

M

matthewgilkes22

Audiophyte
I think Samsung QN85A is great for mixed usage. It performs very well in bright settings, thanks to its high brightness and superb reflection handling. It delivers a good viewing experience in dark rooms, but it has a low native contrast ratio, and there's some blooming around bright objects with local dimming enabled.
See: https://versuscomparison.com/qn85a-vs-qn90a/

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think Samsung QN85A is great for mixed usage. It performs very well in bright settings, thanks to its high brightness and superb reflection handling. It delivers a good viewing experience in dark rooms, but it has a low native contrast ratio, and there's some blooming around bright objects with local dimming enabled.
See: https://versuscomparison.com/qn85a-vs-qn90a/
Yeah, that's the thing about LED tvs, even the flagship Sony Master Series can have blooming, Halo or other artifacts. But when setup right and calibrated one would be hard pressed to notice much. My mid-level Hisense 65" spec out very close to Sonys X90J, as of todate I absolutely love the performance of my TV.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
This thread stands testament to that time I logged onto an audio forum and a few hours later had spent a little over $2,000 and had also acquired my first LG OLED.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis