mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You gotta admit that Putin's efforts to subvert democracy in key countries like the US and the UK (and therefore the EU) through supporting specific politicians has been remarkably effective.
Yep, you just cannot underestimate the gullibility of people.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Less than two weeks until Brexit, and the new deal between EU and UK did not even get a vote today:

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/19/20921106/brexit-news-deal-delay-boris-johnson-parliament:

"The British Parliament has made Boris Johnson’s premiership very difficult. Saturday was no exception.
This time, it spoiled the vote on his Brexit deal.
Parliament approved an amendment on Saturday that basically forced Johnson to ask for a Brexit delay, no matter what. It turned the vote on Boris Johnson’s new Brexit deal from a dramatic decision to something far less meaningful.
The amendment, introduced by Sir Oliver Letwin, a former Conservative member of Parliament (MP) who’s now an independent, is intended to eliminate the possibility of an “accidental” no-deal Brexit on October 31, the current Brexit deadline.
That’s because even if Johnson’s deal passes, the UK still needs to pass legislation to put this deal — which is essentially a treaty with the EU — into law. In other words, two things have to happen for the UK to leave on October 31 with a deal: voting for Johnson’s Brexit agreement and voting on all the legislation around it.
..."

highfigh

highfigh

Especially when the vast majority of people think that if they read something that it must be true. That blind trust is a big problem.
Especially when it's on the internet- the one place where you can confirm or deny someone's claims in a very short time.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So it is now 6 hours to Brexit. BOJO will address the nation in five hours from now. There are to be celebrations across the UK. Nigel Farage has organized a big celebration in Parliament Square. In true EU fashion they turned off his microphone in the EU parliament yesterday, before he had finished his final speech. He and his MEPS were piped out of he chamber.

Hopefully this will lay to rest a fault line present in UK politics for 47 or more years. Charles de Gaulle never thought Britain would be a good fit in the EU and blocked entry. Time has proved him right.

I think it will be a relatively hard Brexit though, come the end of the year. Boris is in no mood for alignment over the regulatory environment, or having any EU courts continuing any jurisdiction in the UK. Fishing righst in British waters continue to be a big sticking point. The only thing that might change minds is that the economic situation in the EU, especially in Germany, is deteriorating quite fast. At the moment both sides seem to be taking a hard line to begin the 11 months of discussions to hammer out the details of the final agreement. Boris has vowed no extension beyond December 31, 2020.

I will start up our server to the UK by 4:00 PM central time today and watch the proceedings with interest.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
I didn't know he played guitar. King Charles though is an accomplished cellist, that is his major instrument.

Queen Victoria was a great pianist and singer. Her husband Prince Albert was pianist, organist and was also a composer. Some of his works are getting performed again.

As prince, Charles was outspoken on environmental sustainability, education and young people. Dedicated to plants and his garden, he revealed in 1986, and again in 2012, that he talks to plants. "I just come and talk to the plants, really. "Very important to talk to them, they respond," he said.

highfigh

highfigh

I didn't know he played guitar. King Charles though is an accomplished cellist, that is his major instrument.

Queen Victoria was a great pianist and singer. Her husband Prince Albert was pianist, organist and was also a composer. Some of his works are getting performed again.
What do you make of his swollen hands?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

As prince, Charles was outspoken on environmental sustainability, education and young people. Dedicated to plants and his garden, he revealed in 1986, and again in 2012, that he talks to plants. "I just come and talk to the plants, really. "Very important to talk to them, they respond," he said.
Lots of English gardeners talk to their plants. In England we not only tolerate eccentrics but grade them!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

He may still be invested in homeopathy as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis