Bit the bullet and ordered a sub...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was going to do a DIY sub and had been pondering it but after comparing pricing and looking at the offerings out there I decided to go ahead and just order one. It cost about $150 more than what it would have cost for the DIY but it is also a bit smaller :)eek: ), larger drivers and bigger amp:

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Was going to do a DIY sub and had been pondering it but after comparing pricing and looking at the offerings out there I decided to go ahead and just order one. It cost about $150 more than what it would have cost for the DIY but it is also a bit smaller :)eek: ), larger drivers and bigger amp:

Image isn't showing up for me. Didn't know it was even there until I clicked to quote you.

I thought you keeping us in suspense. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Weird, I can see it. Got it off their website :) Yes, that would be an Epik Empire :cool: I was going to post up a Bose sub and make fun like Paradigm Dawg did when he got his JLs but I am boring today :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Cool! Rickster71's sounded great. I think you'll be happy.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on your new toy. Alwasy like it when a brother gets new toys to play with. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats to you John. If you don't mind, please take some pics and post them once it comes in. I also hope you plan on writing up your initial impressions. Many here would find that info useful. Especially, those thinking about what to buy. I wish you nothing but the best my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Will post pics once I get it. After I have it a while, I will post my thoughts on it as well :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What are the specs on this beast? I went to the Epik site and they didn't have any specs associated with it yet.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Welcome, fellow "soon to be" Epik owner :D
You will be hooked, me thinks!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What are the specs on this beast? I went to the Epik site and they didn't have any specs associated with it yet.
Yeah, it has said "when the snow clears..." for a while :) No measured specs, but the customer reports suggest it will do the job :D

If I am not mistaken, at least one of the guys there is from Adire, who did the driver currently in my Tempest. Maybe I am already hooked? :)

annunaki

annunaki

I can't believe you turned your back on DIY. I am so disappointed in you. :D ;)

I hope it works out well for you though.

Matt34

Matt34

I wish they still sold the Dragon, I wanted one of those.

Will post pics once I get it. After I have it a while, I will post my thoughts on it as well :)
Be looking forward to your impressions. Can't decide if I'm going to get dual Legends or a single Empire yet.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I'll be looking forward to your impressions as well. I have a MWF-15, my plan was to order a second one, and that's not looking like a wise decision. I'm thinking maybe I should try to sell it and go with dual Empires if the price doesn't go up by the time I'm ready to make the move.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Congrats John...did you call first or just order?

annunaki

annunaki

Is this to replace your Tempest?

I will be interested to hear your feedback once it is received, up and running.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am not hating, just surprised. :D
The project I was looking at had some small details that made me unsure - it said high output isn't its strong point and my new place is a big space. I also have been extremely busy lately, so no time to do a build unfortunately. If it has the kind of output I am expecting, yes it will replace the Tempest, although I am sure I will run both together at some point :D:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis