Bit the bullet and ordered a sub...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tracking says it is now in Ca. Hopefully that means it will be here tomorrow :cool: I may need someone to come help me move it :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I'm REALLY considering getting one or two of those (or another nice ID sub, and speakers >_>) if I ever get the extra money.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Tracking says it is now in Ca. Hopefully that means it will be here tomorrow :cool: I may need someone to come help me move it :)
Was that a hint?

You'd better call Shenkers and get a delivery window. They might accomodate you now, but if left to decide they could put it out for delivery anytime in the next 3 days. They probably won't call you for an appointment until it's received in their SFO or SJC station.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was that a hint?

You'd better call Shenkers and get a delivery window. They might accomodate you now, but if left to decide they could put it out for delivery anytime in the next 3 days. They probably won't call you for an appointment until it's received in their SFO or SJC station.
Was received at SFO. It said they would call me to setup delivery since someone has to be present obviously.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Was received at SFO. It said they would call me to setup delivery since someone has to be present obviously.
From what I've heard, you might get a call tomorrow or not. If you call them, you can choose the day.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
congratulations!! I love mine! it is a beast though i hope you dont have to go up stairs.

I was going to do the DIY route myself then this came out and it just didnt make sense.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
congratulations!! I love mine! it is a beast though i hope you dont have to go up stairs.

I was going to do the DIY route myself then this came out and it just didnt make sense.
Only the front door step :) Yes, I mean at that price, I don't think I could build a comparable sub on my own so it just seems like the way to go.

Was that a hint?
I'll let you know :) The Tempest is big, but it is not too bad to move.

Do you know those guys then?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Think you'll be happy with it.
The driver helped me get it into the house, then I used those furniture moving disks to slide it on the carpet.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Do you know those guys then?
No, they are the old Bax Global network that Schenkers purchased not long ago. I just know how this works. Residential deliveries get low priority unless you grease the wheels (sometimes). As you know, I delivered alot of these subs through my partners. If I wanted to expedite things for a customer I knew, I'd make a call.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I called and got routed to Arizona. He gave me the direct number, I called and it should be delivered tomorrow.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Think you'll be happy with it.
The driver helped me get it into the house, then I used those furniture moving disks to slide it on the carpet.
I use a towel to mover my PB12plus...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Come on guys, nothin too it with any of those subs you guys are moving.... I had to buy some freakin moving straps to move these things, nice and easy when they were empty, loaded up with 2 x 80lb drivers was another story... :(

I think I hit the 300lb mark with these new ones... thought I was gunna pop a nut... :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Moving dolly :D Those friggin 18" beasts aren't normal though, they are ginormous :eek: :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is home now :D Still in box on pallet until I get back home.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Remind me of your address...never mind, I have it from when I shipped you the Gramma Pad. What time will you get home?
It is home now :D Still in box on pallet until I get back home.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Remind me of your address...never mind, I have it from when I shipped you the Gramma Pad. What time will you get home?
Unless you are in Ca already...it might take you a while to get here. I'll have some cold beer ready though :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have a cousin there who can pick about any lock so I need him in and out before you get there. Stop and get a beer on the way home.
Unless you are in Ca already...it might take you a while to get here. I'll have some cold beer ready though :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis