Best speakers you've ever owned.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Although I like all of the speakers that I have owned for the most part, I already mentioned that the Linbrook Sigs were my absolute favs. In fact they are not only the best speakers that I have ever owned, the Linbrooks are also the best speakers that I have ever heard to date! The Taylo Reference Monitors also rank quite highly. But, the ones I miss the most are the JBL 530's b/c they were just so much fun.

Cheers,

Phil

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Was it transparency in the Linbrook that made them your favorite? How about timbre accuracy?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Basically the Linbrooks are the most natural sounding speakers that I have ever owned and/or heard. When playing AC/DC's Back In Black cd it sounded like they were right there in my small living room. I was powering them w/a Denon AVR-X4000 avr. But, have heard the Linbrooks on Ty's dedicated amps that he uses to demo them. Ty uses both SS and Tube amps to do so. In fact, Ty is very fond of the Jolida tube amps to be a bit more specific.

The Linbrooks weigh in at close to 60 lbs. each and were as deep as my PSA S1500 15" sealed sub enclosure! Much to large and heavy for the stands that I had at the time. Ty's stands start at $400 a set! It sucks when you only have so much money.

The X4000 did an admiral job no doubt. But, the Linbrooks would benefit from a more powerful amp. Unfortunately, I lost my job and had to return them to Ty. I also lost $180 doing so. Not long after, I bought me a set of Taylo Reference monitors. The Taylos are amazing as well.

Cheers,

Phil

Spinningbull

Spinningbull

Enthusiast
Martin logan on wall ESL's, matching center and surrounds. Best I've owned yet! I'm hearing posts of music I never heard before.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
My best for a long time that I rocked were the Mb Quart QLS 1030 tower. Had 16 great years and still have them but are boxed in basement.

My latest purchase Canton Vento 890.2s and matching center. Absolutely amazing speakers. I really love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My best for a long time that I rocked were the Mb Quart QLS 1030 tower. Had 16 great years and still have them but are boxed in basement.

My latest purchase Canton Vento 890.2s and matching center. Absolutely amazing speakers. I really love them.

Very nice man! I am sure they sound as good as they look. :) Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Phil

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I believe backlog, he said a 6 month wait during Christmas time which is around when he originally asked him. But maybe it’s supply chain who knows :p
That's the current lead time from last February fyi..I waited lol
Just imagine if you order hand rubbed option ...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

I would love something like this in my theater room. My 820.2 bookshelves in my bedroom are very nice though. How many watts is the amp to your 890.2 towers and center? I think you mentioned they are a difficult load.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have an Emotiva XPA 3. So likely around 300 watts. It is rated at 200 x 3 into 8 ohms. These are dropping down closer to 4 ohms I believe. I actually think my MB Quarts were a more difficult load though.

B

beginjapan!

Audioholic Intern

I haven't heard any Canton's since I had a pair about 30 years ago. These are gorgeous and I assume they sound that way as well. It seems like you have a lot of hard surfaces in your listening area. Does that affect the sound quality in a bad way?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So I have an area rug and leather couch and chair in the room. Plus the curtains on the windows and slider. I don’t feel I have any issues in the room. With out the rug and curtains. I could see some issues presenting themselves.

B

beginjapan!

Audioholic Intern
So I have an area rug and leather couch and chair in the room. Plus the curtains on the windows and slider. I don’t feel I have any issues in the room. With out the rug and curtains. I could see some issues presenting themselves.

Room treatments and speaker placement are soooo important for good sound quality. I've always had carpeted rooms and I was wondering what you thought of the sound with hardwood floors. Maybe this is a discussion for a separate thread?

I'm thinking this might even be more important than speaker cables. :p

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I am not an expert in room treatments. Now did make my own in my HT room to assist with reflections. Think they help.

In this room I have many open areas and objects some hard some soft and I dint think I need anything else. I am satisfied with the sound and not sure I want treatment in my family room.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Exactly. For some reason, I never did eat many of them. My favs are Payday and Snickers. It was hard to make any money on the Paydays. If I did eat any, it was usually the Snickers. We did not have the Paydays as often. They are a bit more expensive like Peanut M&M's. BTW, my blood sugars have been really good lately.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Room treatments and speaker placement are soooo important for good sound quality. I've always had carpeted rooms and I was wondering what you thought of the sound with hardwood floors. Maybe this is a discussion for a separate thread?

I'm thinking this might even be more important than speaker cables. :p
Speaker cables don't make any difference unless their length causes too much resistance or too much capacitance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis