Best speakers for classical music

J

johnlewisgrant

Audiophyte
To be honest I'd love to pick up a pair of Philharmonic 3's. Shipping costs + room restrictions though don't make it a great option at present. Still, when I have moved out, started full time work in 2013 and am depressed from working on corporate law all day, that may help me take the plunge :p
Could be worse.... there's always family law!

JG (Retired Family Lawyer)

D

Docks

Audioholic
Linear Response is nice but unfortunatley we don't listen to music in an anechoic chamber. If you want a TRUE flat response you are going to need room treatments and eq. This also depends on the size of the room. Some of the smaller speakers mentioned are fantastic.. for a smaller room.
What would be ideal is if you went to a few dealers and were able to take the speakers home and test them. This would give you a good feel of how the speaker is for your room.
My speakers in different rooms sound completely different although the response is very flat in a chamber.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Linear Response is nice but unfortunatley we don't listen to music in an anechoic chamber. If you want a TRUE flat response you are going to need room treatments and eq. This also depends on the size of the room. Some of the smaller speakers mentioned are fantastic.. for a smaller room.
What would be ideal is if you went to a few dealers and were able to take the speakers home and test them. This would give you a good feel of how the speaker is for your room.
My speakers in different rooms sound completely different although the response is very flat in a chamber.
I'm not willing to take my Salon2, Orion, & 201/2 speakers to try out in different rooms, but I have listened to my Infinity P362 in different rooms. They sound the same to me - very clear sounding. Even when I place the P362 one inch from the front wall, they still have the same clear sound and soundstage.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis