best made speakers and best recorder

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah
I just took that photo this afternoon. I got the idea from ADTG, he had sent me a photo of himself all covered up. He had a hoodie on, some type of mask covering his mouth and nose a hat on top the hoodie plus a pair of sunglasses to cover his eyes. He was about to go to war with a bunch of nasty wasp that had invaded area of his home. Now everyone on AH knows Andrew is a licensed pharmacist, and a good friend to a lot of us on AH. But now I need to text him cause to me his ninja waspman! :D;)For someone who is highly educated dudes gotta a pretty good sense of humor in my book. Plus he can get you really good deals on gear. If i could only get him to fill my script of Quaaludes, I need my ludes man! :D;).
I’ve killed a few more wasps with the spray cans. :D

Been busy at the hospital, which is pretty full these days.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Yeah

I’ve killed a few more wasps with the spray cans. :D

Been busy at the hospital, which is pretty full these days.
Umm..you think there's a empty bed I can crash over there for a while? Just tell the hospital administrator that I volunteered for one of those experimental drugs that may cure golden ear syndrome.:D;). but really I just need a new place to hide out till all those bill collectors stop looking for me. Than I just walk out your hospital Andrew dress like a nurse tech they'll never find me after that.:D

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
They’re call antipsychotics. Haha. :D
Hey, as long as you don't get fired and I don't get a bill.:p:D;)
PS, by the way they tried all of the psychotic pills on me. Nothing worked! I told them psychiatric Doctors, you know the ones with them long down to the ankle coats. Not the black long coats, that would be the long coats they wore in that movie Gun Smoke. Lol, didn't want you to confused the two. Anyways told them psychiatric Docs, to look me up if they needed someone to try out any new pills that I would volunteer again. Hey best way to get 3 meals a day, plus lots of pretty nurses and nurse techs. Not the men techs, they just try to cut the patients off from gaming the women nurses and techs. Guess they want to keep all them nurses to themselves. But you know what ADTG, I don't believe them psychiatric Doctors are real doctors, cause I watch Dr. Phil on tv and he said he gives out No pills! So there you go if it's on tv it gotta be true!! Like that Huey Lewis and the News song goes. I need a new drug that won't make me feel 3 feet thick. :p:D;).

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
hi, i had purchased the best speaker pair on the market. this is a design totally ignored by all audiophile that only buy their stuff if it is complicated, pricy and made of wood.
i said no to that and i bought boss audio system mrwt40 , they are small powerful 2 way speakers with perfect bandwith and no horrible on and off axis confusion that destroy
musicality with headaches. .
The opening lines in the post are the beginning of a classic story. There have been a couple of classic keepers over the last year or so, but, this looks like it will fit right in. His opening sentence pretty much tells you all you need to know. He has purchased the best speakers in the world and they are of a design that is completely ignored by audiophiles because they want all their stuff complicated, expensive and made of wood.

He finishes with a thought just as profound: he is going to install a VHS VCR in his car because he's going to use it to stream content from the internet at better than DVD quality. That's an engineering feat that every redneck in Texas needs to wake up and smell the challenge!

I hope the OP (that's you 67-79) needs to come back and give us an update and more choice, juicy bits.
I'll eat my hat if this isn't a troll post.
I have no idea if he's trolling, or merely entertaining us. Either way, I want to see more updates. I will wager they will be worth the price of reading them. We need more of these. They provide the levity we need next to the bozos that want to tell us things like "bits are not bits" or other non-funny nonsense.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have no idea if he's trolling, or merely entertaining us. Either way, I want to see more updates. I will wager they will be worth the price of reading them. We need more of these. They provide the levity we need next to the bozos that want to tell us things like "bits are not bits" or other non-funny nonsense.
Not all trolls are created equal, lol. I'm with you Buck. I'm hoping for some more detailed explanations and pics. This thread definitely has potential!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I think he's trying to compete with marcus.
marcus. I was just thinking about him the other day. I couldn't remember his avatar/name.
Ah, marcus. I think we should seek him out and get him to ask for another great post

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
marcus. I was just thinking about him the other day. I couldn't remember his avatar/name.
Ah, marcus. I think we should seek him out and get him to ask for another great post
marcus oakley. He posted a few times in last few months but he has backed off, also doesn't seem to get much traction when he does. I guess unwatching doesn't mean anything when you're quoted :)

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
I have seen and I have improvised myself with gear when i had nothing else to use. My point is there isn't a way not to enjoy audio video. I have seen dudes use car/ truck subs in their home audio, i have seen guys buy a empty subwoofer box that really was designed to use in a car or truck and put it in their home audio setup. Ones gotta do with what one has at hand to enjoy audio/video. Hell back when I was just teen like 14 or so. I took a car battery, a 8 track player that was in one of my dad's old cars. Pulled two speakers from the back dash of that old car. Hooked up the negativity and positive to the battery. Hooked up the speaker wires to the speakers and Walla! I had the waves man! Till Dad came home found what I had done ate my a$$ out. Not because I had all his stuff, he was pissed cause I had a car battery in his house. You see I would charge up the battery when it would run down in the house well as you would guess when you charge up a car battery it puts out a nasty gas from the battery acid. Talk about dodged an ass whooping only because he was somewhat impressed when he did a look-see over everything rigged up. Enjoy your setup man if your happy with the way it sounds and performs that's all that matters.
You sure you weren't my next door neighbor.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Don't we have our hands full right now with... this? :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Funny thing is I’ve seen his screen name as markey boy, and another I can’t remember. I seem to recall that he suffered a brain injury or something like that. I’ve since gone to just ignoring him. Not sure he knows any better lol. But I also recall he supposedly finished a couple systems that used some high end gear. Pics or it didn’t happen? Yep. No pics, so who knows.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Funny thing is I’ve seen his screen name as markey boy, and another I can’t remember. I seem to recall that he suffered a brain injury or something like that. I’ve since gone to just ignoring him. Not sure he knows any better lol. But I also recall he supposedly finished a couple systems that used some high end gear. Pics or it didn’t happen? Yep. No pics, so who knows.
The parts lists were like 20k each and it was like a dozen different ones. This is what might happen if one of us OCD Audioholics win the mega millions. One for each house. LOL :)

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
hi, i had purchased the best speaker pair on the market. this is a design totally ignored by all audiophile that only buy their stuff if it is complicated, pricy and made of wood.
i said no to that and i bought boss audio system mrwt40 , they are small powerful 2 way speakers with perfect bandwith and no horrible on and off axis confusion that destroy
musicality with headaches. To have good sound you absolutely need 2 full spectrum smallest dimensions possible point source sound emitter. A small driver emit more like a point source and do not need a big box full of inside noise that stay a long time inside the box. My boss shine everywhere in the room, projecting even sound in all direction. Big boxes with separated tweeters
and midrange and woofer are confusing the sound from baffle to all direction in the room so the reflextions from wall is even worst because floor and ceiling receive all these waves from drivers that are all far away from each other. My boss have a tweeter half an inch in front and in the center of the woofer. Also this woofer is completely seal contrary to many two way concentric drivers where the tweeted in installed on a pole that goes thru the woofer so the woofer have leak so bad bass timing. I have plentiful of bass, mid and highs.

Also somebody given to me his old hifi dolby digital vhs vcr because i just readed that it record and play better than dvd. I will use it inside my car with a 110 volts inverter because i cannot
stream nothing in my car. So im gonna record music streamed on internet and play it in my car. On internet i stream all kind of music. there is ton of good music on internet made by good artists.
at first i wanted to burn my own cd for the car but it is not working good because of copyrighted digital right and also the digital recording machinery is of very bad quality and absolute lack
of stable software.

On the long run i will try to learn how to construct bronze cabinet speakers because there is absolutely none on the market and i think that it should sound better that wood or plastic. I think that it sound better that aluminium or steel because it is less rigid so it vibrate and resonate less.

Anyone hear or playing recorded music on internet streaming on vhs dolby digital tape inside their car and nobody have ever constructed bronze cabinet co-axial speakers for the home or car.
Ya, might want to get an iPhone and couple it to a car radio which has a USB port. You'll get live streams and anything you've downloaded to your iPhone to play through the radio. The VHS system sounds like something we'd see in Mad Man Max.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
Hi again, thanks for the comments and answers. I think that i might have discovered something better than my small boss speakers but actually they only sell the speaker drivers without a box, they only sell the raw drivers. I am talking
about the new ' full-range hifi speaker drivers craze' these full-range drivers do not need tweeters or big woofers. The bad thing is that many new models just are sold as raw drivers so you need to build a box which is very painful, especially if you live in an apartment. I decided to buy the new mark audio allpair5 generation 3, 3 inchs fullrange sold online only. But before i need someone willing to construct a box for me, which will be difficult as all my friends are very snob and lazy with money to spare...

This will be better than my boss because no 2 drivers problems like crossover distortion and bad phasing. Also these new markaudio do not have a traditionnal suspension in back of the cone, they use ferrofluid instead. On YouTube the inventor of this , mark fenlon , give interwiew and he explain that this is the best music drivers in the world with wide covering , perfect timing, faster reaction , more natural sound and lot of warmth.

Also if they are small, they can be installed in the front of the car over the dashboard or over your head just under the ceilling and behind the windsheild. This will give a better listening position called nearfeild speaker monitoring. Remember that a car is a good place to listen to your music as you don't annoy anyone.

I never never saw a car with full range monitoring speakers in front of the cars, this is silly. Each and any audiofhile know that you position your speakers in front of you not too far so you always receive the full front wave directly at your ears so it eliminate to a minimum room reflextion and gains. The first thing any music audiophile should do is to choose the best smallest speaker and position them at the right place. Even jbl, pioneer , jl audio, infinity and sony do not sell any car speakers worth mentionning and they just sell junk that you install anywhere in the car without any good listening area. These days any audiophile should reject 98% of the product offered to them because the market driver of this industry is bigger and complicated and costly is ' BEST ' for the industry including the big recycling industry where the try to remove some cupper and gold plating from trash electronic like most windows computers.

Attachments

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hi again, thanks for the comments and answers. I think that i might have discovered something better than my small boss speakers but actually they only sell the speaker drivers without a box, they only sell the raw drivers. I am talking
about the new ' full-range hifi speaker drivers craze' these full-range drivers do not need tweeters or big woofers. The bad thing is that many new models just are sold as raw drivers so you need to build a box which is very painful, especially if you live in an apartment. I decided to buy the new mark audio allpair5 generation 3, 3 inchs fullrange sold online only. But before i need someone willing to construct a box for me, which will be difficult as all my friends are very snob and lazy with money to spare...

This will be better than my boss because no 2 drivers problems like crossover distortion and bad phasing. Also these new markaudio do not have a traditionnal suspension in back of the cone, they use ferrofluid instead. On YouTube the inventor of this , mark fenlon , give interwiew and he explain that this is the best music drivers in the world with wide covering , perfect timing, faster reaction , more natural sound and lot of warmth.

Also if they are small, they can be installed in the front of the car over the dashboard or over your head just under the ceilling and behind the windsheild. This will give a better listening position called nearfeild speaker monitoring. Remember that a car is a good place to listen to your music as you don't annoy anyone.

I never never saw a car with full range monitoring speakers in front of the cars, this is silly. Each and any audiofhile know that you position your speakers in front of you not too far so you always receive the full front wave directly at your ears so it eliminate to a minimum room reflextion and gains. The first thing any music audiophile should do is to choose the best smallest speaker and position them at the right place. Even jbl, pioneer , jl audio, infinity and sony do not sell any car speakers worth mentionning and they just sell junk that you install anywhere in the car without any good listening area. These days any audiophile should reject 98% of the product offered to them because the market driver of this industry is bigger and complicated and costly is ' BEST ' for the industry including the big recycling industry where the try to remove some cupper and gold plating from trash electronic like most windows computers.
Markaudio Alpair is not bad wide range drivers, but you wouldn't want to use them as full range drivers. They still need a tweeter. They are also very fragile and need protection from low frequencies, so they also need a bass driver to go with them. If you try to install those in your car and use them in true full range, they aren't going to sound very good unless you have serious high-frequency hearing loss, and you will overdrive them and destroy them right away. Contrary to your thought that you can get away with no crossover with a Markaudio driver, they should really be reserved for three-way speakers.

S

sterling shoote

You lost your entertainment value with me when you alluded to JBL Speakers as being junk. JBL delivers high performance speakers at affordable price points to Sound Reinforcement, Home Theatre, Car Audio, Portable, Studio, Cinema, and Luxury Home Audio/Video Markets. Their speakers exceed market expectations.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi again, thanks for the comments and answers. I think that i might have discovered something better than my small boss speakers
Wait, I thought you already had the best made speakers...

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Also somebody given to me his old hifi dolby digital vhs vcr because i just readed that it record and play better than dvd. I will use it inside my car with a 110 volts inverter because I cannot stream nothing in my car. So im gonna record music streamed on internet and play it in my car. On internet i stream all kind of music. there is ton of good music on internet made by good artists.
at first i wanted to burn my own cd for the car but it is not working good because of copyrighted digital right and also the digital recording machinery is of very bad quality and absolute lack of stable software.

110 volts inverter? I know my knowledge of electricity is some more than of this guys but a TRANSFORMER woulded be needing to increased a 12 volts car battery to 110 voltages? :p;)o_O

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis