Best bang for Buck, 11 Channel AVR

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Here's a review on the Crown 2502. While SINAD only 71 it has tons of power.

View attachment 42244
I used the XLS1502 on a subwoofer. Noise was an issue for me. In regards to the above SINAD chart for amps.. check out the Denon Amps. Better noise/distortion than many separate amps. SINAD of 85+ is pretty darn good...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I used the XLS1502 on a subwoofer. Noise was an issue for me. In regards to the above SINAD chart for amps.. check out the Denon Amps. Better noise/distortion than many separate amps. SINAD of 85+ is pretty darn good...
Still isn't audible. How the heck did you experience noise with a sub? I power several different subs with these amps....no extraneous noise.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Still isn't audible. How the heck did you experience noise with a sub? I power several different subs with these amps....no extraneous noise.
Yeah, but you don't even hear yourself fart as you cross a room anymore.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh it still scares me. Wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes. I try and blame the spiders but....

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
I have a JBL B460 in my 2.1 channel music room. The driver in that sub is a JBL 2245's Sensitivity is 95dB. I sit about 3 feet from it. When music was silent or not playing I could hear hiss. This wouldn't be an issue with most other subs, but it was for me. Most of the time it didn't bother me, but eventually went to something else. YMMV

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a JBL B460 in my 2.1 channel music room. The driver in that sub is a JBL 2245's Sensitivity is 95dB. I sit about 3 feet from it. When music was silent or not playing I could hear hiss. This wouldn't be an issue with most other subs, but it was for me. Most of the time it didn't bother me, but eventually went to something else. YMMV
I use it with 93dB sensitivity drivers no issue. Not even with my ear tucked next to it.

What sensitivity setting were you using in the amp (assuming gen 2)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I usually tell people I just stepped on a duck.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
....but am familiar with those damn ducks as well.

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
I use it with 93dB sensitivity drivers no issue. Not even with my ear tucked next to it.

What sensitivity setting were you using in the amp (assuming gen 2)
I forget the 2 settings, but I tried both. I had it in bridge mode, using balanced out on a Minidsp SHD. Tried a couple of different amps since then and they have been silent. Hard to say what it was.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I forget the 2 settings, but I tried both. I had it in bridge mode, using balanced out on a Minidsp SHD. Tried a couple of different amps since then and they have been silent. Hard to say what it was.
Maybe the bridging? While I have done so and don't remember any hissing, I generally don't. I think I've read something about that minidsp and noise, tho....curious the filter would still let something of that frequency thru to the sub?

Curious. I've got the 2502 temporarily running my 92dB speakers.....with those I just muted my program, turned volume up to reference and putting my ear in the horn I can barely hear some hiss....more like the seashell effect.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I would never buy a Denon refurb again. It's too much risk. You don't want to hear about my 3 month wait to get my Denon refurb from A4L repaired. It was a nightmare.

Contact these guys and see if they will honor the 15% that was available on Black Friday for a new Denon 6700?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I would never buy a Denon refurb again. It's too much risk. You don't want to hear about my 3 month wait to get my Denon refurb from A4L repaired. It was a nightmare.
Ok thought so!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok thought so!
Many have had no issues, tho. I did have issues with refurb units (different in that both failed within the 30day return period) but I'd still give one a shot if the savings were significant, but of course it does have some inherent risk. If it isn't worth it to you, it isn't worth it to you. After your return period expires even with a new unit, you're still stuck with covid impaired services now should you need warranty service.....same place for both refurbs and regular warranty service....

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Sorry guys - what about this combo? (for 11 total channels)

Marantz SR7013
Monolith by Monoprice 2x200 Watts Per Channel

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis