Bedroom system now completed.. 2.1 system only..

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Nice setup.

I went with something more compact. Surprisingly putting in the sub right in the middle of the room worked out pretty good.
20190430_150927.jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I love that center channel bracket and I see you got all serious with that wire molding. You go girl! :D

Having said that I would like hearing your thoughts on the benefit of the center in a system with the mains only about 5 feet apart.
Sorry, I don't know what 5 feet is in Celsius. :D

Side note: Spellcheck had to help me with celcius. That's f^%&in' pathetic.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I love that center channel bracket and I see you got all serious with that wire molding. You go girl! :D

Having said that I would like hearing your thoughts on the benefit of the center in a system with the mains only about 5 feet apart.
Sorry, I don't know what 5 feet is in Celsius. :D

Side note: Spellcheck had to help me with celcius. That's f^%&in' pathetic.
5Ft in celius is a couple of pints. ;)

Not that noticeable unless there is a pan from left to right or right to left. I could have gotten away without one but hey, 1) I had the 100C collecting dust in the basement, 2) it looks cool erm geeky, and 3) I had the channels available on the AVR s why not use em :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I could have gotten away without one but hey
I'm completely sold on the whole thing based on the use of the brackets. Preservation of counter space is big in my book.

I often contemplate building a center but I've got a TT under the TV in between the speakers. Going under that or even worse, over the TV, would be going backwards from well placed mains. So no center for me. Hopefully in your set up you get improved dialog intelligibility with the center as well as good pans.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife was after to me to unclutter the dresser with my electronics.. Since we werent using the drawers behind the two doors, I removed the drawer, removed the drawer guides, removed the back board which allowed me at the staples of the rear drawer support. Removed the staples and slid the post out of the way beside teh right hand drawers and fashioned a crude support based on 1x2 that keeps the weight on the wood and off the pressboard floor. When I have time, I'll paint it and fix it up a little ...

I would like to remove the horizontal strips as well in front but I'm not sure how. As it stands, I can return this dresser back to normal quite easily.

bedroom-6.jpg

bedroom-7.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks nice and neat. I think we share the same 1080 TV. The colors and blacks are great on the Vizio. At least you have the remote unless you wanna play a Blu-ray/cassette time to kneel down.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Forgot to add the rear view ... You can see the butt end of the AVR extend well past the end of the cabinet.

bedroom-8.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I need help now on where on the wall to position a pair of PSB dipole speakers I bought used for $30.
As you can see from the picture, my setup is located on the left hand side of the room as shown below.
bedroom-6.jpg

The pics below shows the wall where I'm going to mount the dipoles.. When I watch movies and listen to music, I move the blue chair in front of the night table. Where should I mount the dipoles based on my seating position? Should they be placed equal distant on either side of the chair or should I place them near the far side of the walls? How high up the wall should I go? To give you an alignment perspective the right pillow is in line with the right front speaker.

bedroom-back-1.JPG

bedroom-back-2.JPG

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I do need your suggestions and the reasons why on your speaker positioning.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are the pics of the new dipoles in the back. I'm waiting for my brother to visit me in New Brunswick in a couple of weeks to wire in the new AVR and Oppo.
bedroom-9.JPG

bedroom-10.JPG

bedroom-11.JPG

bedroom-12.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looking great the 3db. What movies have you seen with the new setup and do you hear a difference? Do you play your music in surround mode for fun? Enjoy!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking great the 3db. What movies have you seen with the new setup and do you hear a difference? Do you play your music in surround mode for fun? Enjoy!
Music is mostly pure direct and in stereo only but when vacuuming and or casual listening ie background, I do use 7 channel stereo. Havent played a movie yet.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Some nice Yamaha's! Looks great. Are those stairs for the cat?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis