Barry's before and after

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I wasn't able to get the go-ahead soon enough!

Still looks good - I do not have anything flanking my main TV anymore. Hence why I wanted to get those EmpTek's. As for those cables, they do look nicer than the before. I used something like this in my theater room to run the wires from the ceiling to the floor/receiver. I painted the one I used, and it's behind a screen so you really can't see it, but it blended in fairly well before the screen was put up. You can see it down the middle in the picture below... pretty conspicuous if you ask me. The dark grey shades may help to hide it though and perhaps with a lighter background it might be a little more noticeable.

Um, I confused. Where does the screen come in?

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, I was wrong then. I'm south east, Fort Wayne. :)
I've spent a good bit of time in Allen County. I have friends there and I used to go to 3 Rivers Co op, Piere's and the Coliseum to see concerts.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great Barry. Have you tried pulling the center out to the front of the stand so it gets some floor bounce to see if the sound is any different?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great man. Move that center closer. What about wall brackets instead that way you can push the sub back some or do you want the wood to keep you busy? :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm thinking of getting those type brackets If they go on sale.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm thinking of getting those type brackets If they go on sale.
Why not just get the videosecu version for $20 less (price of $35 + shipping, unless you have prime + tax)? That's what I have for my surrounds + a little felt or blu tac on the sides and bottom to keep the mount from marring the speaker. They work fine with my 10-15lb surrounds.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I want then for the fronts only. Waiting for them to go down to 20$.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Looks great Barry. Have you tried pulling the center out to the front of the stand so it gets some floor bounce to see if the sound is any different?
Thanks. I pulled the center to the front of the stand and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. As far as sound, I'm not sure. I haven't spent much time listening to them yet.

Looks great man. Move that center closer. What about wall brackets instead that way you can push the sub back some or do you want the wood to keep you busy? :)
Thanks! Moved the center forward. LOL! I thought about brackets but my wife said no more holes in the walls. So I mentioned I could Gorilla Glue them and she caved. So, see below.

You could mount your Wave Crests to the wall via the B-Tech 77 speaker mounts since they are ported in the front and then slide the sub back against the wall

Funny you mention these brackets. Just got an email from Amazon;
"Hello Barry,
Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "B-Tech BT77 Ultragrip Pro...".We’ll send a confirmation when your item ships."

By Tuesday I should have wall mounted speakers. :)

Now I need to figure out how to deal with wires.

As for moving the sub once the speakers are wall mounted, there is about 20 inches from the wall to the edge of entertainment center leaving the front edge of the sub 3 inches behind the edge of the entertainment center. I'll play with placement and see how it sounds/looks. Thinking about getting one of these and moving the sub to the back of the room.

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/subwoofer-accessories/dayton-audio-sub-link-xr-2-4-gh

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
psbfan9 said:
I'll play with placement and see how it sounds/looks. Thinking about getting one of these and moving the sub to the back of the room.

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/subwoofer-accessories/dayton-audio-sub-link-xr-2-4-gh
Why not just run your lfe cable under the carpet? I cram mine into the crevice between the shoe molding and the carpet, then just mash it in until it's invisible. My surround speaker wires, an lfe cable, a remote turn on signal wire, an active USB cable, and a telephone wire all live in that crevice in my ht room. It's like a clown car of wires.

For rooms that don't have a contiguous wall from front to back (interrupted by doorways or similar), some people cut a slit in their carpet at both ends of the room and use a strong magnet to fish the cable across. There are YouTube videos demonstrating this, but the basic idea is to fish a magnet tied to string, then tie the string to the cable and pull it under the carpet.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Last edited:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Why not just run your lfe cable under the carpet? I cram mine into the crevice between the shoe molding and the carpet, then just mash it in until it's invisible. My surround speaker wires, an lfe cable, a remote turn on signal wire, an active USB cable, and a telephone wire all live in that crevice in my ht room. It's like a clown car of wires.

For rooms that don't have a contiguous wall from front to back (interrupted by doorways or similar), some people cut a slit in their carpet at both ends of the room and use a strong magnet to fish the cable across. There are YouTube videos demonstrating this, but the basic idea is to fish a magnet tied to string, then tie the string to the cable and pull it under the carpet.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
Thanks.
I have a basement so I could run my cable under the floor. My wife is pretty..... tolerant, of my audio hobby, but she may draw the line at a lump of cable under the carpet. I'm looking at cost between the length of lfe cable and the wireless unit.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My speaker wires are under carpet for 4 surrounds + buttkickers. Looks ok to me. Just a slight bump.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Reckon a 25-foot cable would be long enough? 35 feet? 50 feet? You'll be under 20 bucks in any case, and there'll be no latency added nor susceptibility to wifi pollution as could occur with a wireless solution.
Wow!
I was looking at cables from SVS and Blue Jeans that were way more expensive. I forgot about Monoprice. I know what I'm going to do now.

Thanks Rojo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis