Barry's before and after

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Before. EMP Tek set up
20150208_104943.jpg

After. The PSB revolution. My PSB Alpha Mites.

20150227_164848.jpg

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dude, is your receiver on isolators? If so, I've got some pretty affordable rocks...ahem, "acoustic pebbles"...that I can send your way.

:p

Are you thinking of adding another PSB for a center channel?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Any reason you went to PSB bookshelves?
Indeed, I am curious to know as well. I'm guessing there's a very good rational behind this.

Perhaps I can visit him and determine the true meaning behind this. XD

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It I were to cut down it would be a 3.1, which I started with. Was it for more space or just keeping it simple Seth?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
\Was it for more space or just keeping it simple Seth?
Simplicity, better quality overall vs. quantity on the same budget, etc. I live in an apartment, so I can only get so much out of what I have anyways.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
so do I, but I still wanted it. I doubt I will have a house in the future unless I hit the jackpot. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
so do I, but I still wanted it. I doubt I will have a house in the future unless I hit the jackpot. :)
The last time I had surround setup was after I got the Gravity Blu-ray because I wanted to experience that to the fullest potential at home, but I was underwhelmed with the sound for most things (not so much underwhelmed, but generally wasn't consciously aware I was listening to surround sound if that makes sense).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I fully understand. It's fun with SACD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, so that really makes me keep or else I'd go 3.1. :) PSB where ya hiding?

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Any reason you went to PSB bookshelves?
I sold the EMP's.

I had the Alpha Mites and a pair of Paradigm Minis in my basement. I can't afford to get a 'new' set up right now. And, I don't want to keep changing out speakers.
I'll wait until I can afford what I want.

Dude, is your receiver on isolators? If so, I've got some pretty affordable rocks...ahem, "acoustic pebbles"...that I can send your way.

:p

Are you thinking of adding another PSB for a center channel?
Something on my stand was making the glass vibrate. So I'm going through the process of elimination. Acoustic Pebbles, no. Fruity Pebbles, bring it!
I don't have another PSB to use as a center. I tried one of the Paradigms, and felt it was better not to run a center now.

Indeed, I am curious to know as well. I'm guessing there's a very good rational behind this.

Perhaps I can visit him and determine the true meaning behind this. XD
You're in the mid west right? South of me?

There's more to the answer I gave Lulimet. When my dad died his medical bills were close to $100,000.00. So, until I can get his house sold it's the PSB's.

So no more surround sound?:eek:
Yea, I have a pair of Paradigm Mini's as surrounds. So far it's not so bad.

I love what you've done with the cabling. :)
Thanks. I was going for that Kimber Kable braided look.o_O
I'm working on it. Trying to figure out how to hide them better.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Michigan? ;)

And I live north east of you I believe.
I delivered the speakers to Portage Michigan. I'm near South Bend, IN.

You were due for an upgrade anyway. It's good to get that space cleared out. Take a peak here to look into your future.
You're killin' me man. :p

Between Fuzz and Swerd I may well have some type of Salk or formerly connected to Salk, in my future

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I was wrong then. I'm south east, Fort Wayne. :)

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I wasn't able to get the go-ahead soon enough!

Still looks good - I do not have anything flanking my main TV anymore. Hence why I wanted to get those EmpTek's. As for those cables, they do look nicer than the before. I used something like this in my theater room to run the wires from the ceiling to the floor/receiver. I painted the one I used, and it's behind a screen so you really can't see it, but it blended in fairly well before the screen was put up. You can see it down the middle in the picture below... pretty conspicuous if you ask me. The dark grey shades may help to hide it though and perhaps with a lighter background it might be a little more noticeable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis