Autumn 2023 TV Advice

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Watched Top Gun Maverick on Paramount+ it uses an IMAX Enhanced pic mixed in with 16x9 . The sailing scene with Tom & Jennnifer looks amazing .

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Sony is releasing a 2000 Nit TV this year. Plus we now have, transparent tv screens.Who will be the first here on AH to have one? @AcuDefTechGuy, he is Big Money Grip.;) Maybe @gene will put one in his Professional studio. Think like those Screen displays you see on that TV series show, The Expanse.

1706644037467.png

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sony is releasing a 2000 Nit TV this year. Plus we now have, transparent tv screens.Who will be the first here on AH to have one? @AcuDefTechGuy, he is Big Money Grip.;) Maybe @gene will put one in his Professional studio. Think like those Screen displays you see on that TV series show, The Expanse.

View attachment 65626
Transparent TVs have been around for years. I saw them maybe 5+ years ago at Infocomm. The new ones are really cool, but they were really cool when I saw them. Refrigerators with energy drinks inside which could advertise to consumers then go clear when someone walked up near it to grab a drink from inside. Stuff like that. The price is crazy on them. I like that the new ones can be somewhat structural in design, which is super cool. I'm not sure how opaque they can become when needed. I could totally see someone installing them in place of a normal window to watch TV outdoors, but not sure how they would hold up to that. Would be cool to see for sure.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Well I went with Sony XR-65X90L, going on about a month. No issues not one, no bugs. Did do one update out the box. The upscaling, smoothing and contrast is phenomenal. It is bright looks really good with any mode use, streaming, 4K disc, OTA Antenna use, sports no motion blur. 4K disc GOT S8 E3 Dolby Vision very nice.

The battle scene, where the Dothraki are racing to attack the White Walkers, can see in very good detail. After much research between the X93L and the X90L I couldn't justify spending $600+ tax more, with diminishing return from the X93L. Yeah its a mini led, a little more brighter. Since I'm not a gamer this was a no brainer in my case. For other's may not be.

I do highly recommend Sony's XR-65X90L. If I had the space I would have snapped up the 75". Edit: Paid 1099.99 + tax. BestBuy. I picked it up, July 3rd, had to return that one had two dead pixels. Returned and exchange on July 9th for Exact size and model.

Edit: Though I'd add a couple of Pic I took to show the Contrast,
1722469718673.png

1722469762777.png

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Took advantage of Labor Day Sale pricing and an advantageous offer through one of my credit cards...

To bring this thread to a resounding close, I should be the owner of an LG C4, 55", at the end of next week.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think it will be. ;)

But then again, I thought my current Sony would hold me for 7-10... but it is notorious for having the Dolby Vision issue which cannot be fixed. If not for that, I'd be happy with it still. Once you see what happens in DV when the problem becomes ascendant, its all over.

Once the LG is in, I'm gonna go back and watch so many things that were ruined by this bug. Hell, I'll even rewatch that horrible-@ss Drakes movie if I can still find it. :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Took advantage of Labor Day Sale pricing and an advantageous offer through one of my credit cards...

To bring this thread to a resounding close, I should be the owner of an LG C4, 55", at the end of next week.
Congrats brother! Waiting for the review.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats brother! Waiting for the review.
All told, stepping up to the G series from LG is about the only way to do better. I think I saw rtings say buying the g3 from last year was still an improvement, but prices I saw still had those more than the C4. *shrugs
Def looking forward to it. Probly coulda been happy with last years Sony 90L, too. But everybody raves about these, and price is in line with what I can spend.

65” woulda been bonkers in my room. I think 55 is gonna be just right!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
All told, stepping up to the G series from LG is about the only way to do better. I think I saw rtings say buying the g3 from last year was still an improvement, but prices I saw still had those more than the C4. *shrugs
Def looking forward to it. Probly coulda been happy with last years Sony 90L, too. But everybody raves about these, and price is in line with what I can spend.

LG panels are great. I've got an A1 and it looks great, but not as good as my 45" monitor.

I'm still waiting for the c3/4 65" to go on a good enough sale. My VT60 plasma is finally going out after constant use for 12 years.

I think the G series are better TVs just because the reviews all say they're marginally better. I don't think the price for the slight increase would be worth it to me. All my A1 is missing is 120hz support, but other than that I can't imagine the C series looking that much better, but they do.

Congrats. Rewatching things is fun anyway.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic

Very nice choice you made! I know your enjoying that T V. I do love my 90L. For total picture quality nothing beats an OLED. Enjoy!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice choice you made! I know your enjoying that T V. I do love my 90L. For total picture quality nothing beats an OLED. Enjoy!
The Sony x900/90… now just 9… is a real good TV. The F model, as I’ve lamented, has the Dolby Vision issue which didn’t become a problem for me until well outside of warranty.
I would gladly buy an L for the Greatroom if the Lady were behind the idea. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow.
Seriously…
W
O
Fcukin’
W
!

The C4 is amazing. Just got it installed tonight. Took it on a short spin with Cyberpunk 2077, then checked out the first 5-10 minutes of 6 Underground.

Just flippin stunning. Cyberpunk was almost like a new game.

I can’t wait to play with the calibration a little and take time to make sure it’s set up properly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis