LoTR: The Rings of Power

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They moved filming location to England from New Zealand to reduce production cost since S1 was too pricey.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We watched the S2 E1, and it was good. Feels better than S1 alread. What they said they did instead of jumping from story to story, each episode would focus on fewer story lines so you will not see every line in every episode.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
We watched the S2 E1, and it was good. Feels better than S1 alread. What they said they did instead of jumping from story to story, each episode would focus on fewer story lines so you will not see every line in every episode.
I’ve seen the first three episodes and I think they are quite good.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve seen the first three episodes and I think they are quite good.
Glad to see you guys confirmed that it is good. I saw some negative user reviews and was a little worried. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They moved filming location to England from New Zealand to reduce production cost since S1 was too pricey.
When we were watching the movie “The Convert 2023” (Guy Pierce), my wife keeps on saying that New Zealand is very beautiful.

So changing the movie location to New Zealand might be a plus.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If I want to take a nap I turn on this series, billion dollar eye candy with not much story.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is a lot of story, at least laying down the groundwork for the rings and Sauron is manipulating Celebrimbor and others to create them. Problem is, it is still very slow. The main story is moving along, but "The Stranger" story is moving like molasses. More interesting than before because we're getting into the actual rings getting to the bearers and the corruption starting basically immediately.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There is a lot of story, at least laying down the groundwork for the rings and Sauron is manipulating Celebrimbor and others to create them. Problem is, it is still very slow. The main story is moving along, but "The Stranger" story is moving like molasses. More interesting than before because we're getting into the actual rings getting to the bearers and the corruption starting basically immediately.
I like the story and the fairly slow build-up.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Just finished episode 3 this morning and I have mixed feelings about it. I don't think that it's very faithful to Tolkien's works.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Halfway through episode 4. Episode 5 should be available tomorrow. Still have mixed feelings on this series but I'll probably continue watching.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I found the first three episodes quite a bit better than the fourth.
The Entwives kinda made some sense but not so much with Tom Bombadil. I guess I read the trilogy so many times that I'm critical of the character discrepancies.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
He does not have a lot of purpose in LOtR, and it is pretty clear what his role here is, but still not sure why he was chosen for this series. I have not read the appendices, so I don't know if this is one of the things he actually did.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis