Audyssey Editor App- With Screenshots!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Samurai
BTW, can anyone tell me where I can setup a signature on this forum? I’ve looked everywhere I could think of.
Just Click on your user name, and you will find the word Signature for editing etc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
Rearranged furniture and scooted everything a li'l closer. That means I get to do this all over again... sigh. At least I can save the old calibration files if I put things back tho!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
Aaannd my tablet froze up while setting up so I had to reboot it while App screen was still up on my receiver. Had to shut it down too. Now the app won't communicate with the receiver. Trying a soft reset as I type...

And it worked! Nice.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
Okay, this has happened almost every time I've used the app. I upload the file to my avr and Audyssey defaults to the "Reference" setting. Works as it should until I switch to "Flat". I get nothing. No audio at all. Zero, zip, nada. All other XT32 settings work except for flat. I monkey around in the editor a bit, resend the file, do this a couple of times and then outta nowhere it works with the "Flat" setting now.

I've always managed to fumble it into working before so I never really brought it up, but damnit. I just had to re-upload the same damn file 5 times before it worked right. Shouldn't be this buggy at this stage in its development, imo. I have an older, but still current tablet so maybe there's some fuckery afoot there too. It's a reliable tablet tho, no issues otherwise.

John Galt

John Galt

Audioholic Intern
Okay, this has happened almost every time I've used the app. I upload the file to my avr and Audyssey defaults to the "Reference" setting. Works as it should until I switch to "Flat". I get nothing. No audio at all. Zero, zip, nada. All other XT32 settings work except for flat. I monkey around in the editor a bit, resend the file, do this a couple of times and then outta nowhere it works with the "Flat" setting now.

I've always managed to fumble it into working before so I never really brought it up, but damnit. I just had to re-upload the same damn file 5 times before it worked right. Shouldn't be this buggy at this stage in its development, imo. I have an older, but still current tablet so maybe there's some fuckery afoot there too. It's a reliable tablet tho, no issues otherwise.
I’ve not had any issues with the Audyssey app on my iPhone 11 Pro or iPad Pro 11. Both are running the latest version of iOS.

What kind of tablet are you using?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Ninja
@Pogre I haven't had quite that problem, but I have had to futz between the Marantz setup screen and the marantz AVR app to get Flat to lock in. Usually once I check it in both places, I'm good to go. Had the same ha[[en on many occasions when I used to play around with the Subwoofer adjustment feature in the Audio Setup... It would work sometimes through the app, but never consistently and would require playing wiith both the AVR and App setting.
That said, thus far, I've had little issue with the Audyssey app not communicating properly with the AVR. Yes, it does protest somewhat, but not quite like what you just described.
I will add though, that working with the Aud App is an exercise in perseverance. ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
@Pogre I haven't had quite that problem, but I have had to futz between the Marantz setup screen and the marantz AVR app to get Flat to lock in. Usually once I check it in both places, I'm good to go. Had the same ha[[en on many occasions when I used to play around with the Subwoofer adjustment feature in the Audio Setup... It would work sometimes through the app, but never consistently and would require playing wiith both the AVR and App setting.
That said, thus far, I've had little issue with the Audyssey app not communicating properly with the AVR. Yes, it does protest somewhat, but not quite like what you just described.
I will add though, that working with the Aud App is an exercise in perseverance. ;)
I just haven't found the right place to futz yet I think, lol. I did literally re-upload the same file 5 times til flat worked.

@John Galt I have a Samsung Galaxy pro 12.2.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Chief
Hey Pogre, you got any tips/hints/summaries from these 400+ posts about the Audyssey app for me?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I need more practice. Patience. I keep having somewhat buggy experiences. When I upload tweaks they don't always seem to work and I upload multiple times. I think having the Mini has made me a little lazy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Warlord
So I went to the SVS site and started a live chat, asking about splitting the LFE signal between my subs and the bass sections of my towers. They had me send an email to support describing my issues and Ed Mullen himself replied! I sent a few graphs also. He looked at them and agreed that there's a big null with the towers by themselves and we need to get that straightened out first, if possible, before doing anything else.

Well I whole heartedly agree! He asked if I could provide a floorplan and a few specific sweeps so we can zero in on it. I'm gonna work on that this weekend. I'm getting kinda excited now, having Ed on the case with me.

Anyone have some suggestions for me to draw up my floorplan? A website or app or something I can punch physical measurements into? Otherwise I'm gonna have to either draw it by hand or dig through a ton of old files to find our original paperwork.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Spartan
So I went to the SVS site and started a live chat, asking about splitting the LFE signal between my subs and the bass sections of my towers. They had me send an email to support describing my issues and Ed Mullen himself replied! I sent a few graphs also. He looked at them and agreed that there's a big null with the towers by themselves and we need to get that straightened out first, if possible, before doing anything else.

Well I whole heartedly agree! He asked if I could provide a floorplan and a few specific sweeps so we can zero in on it. I'm gonna work on that this weekend. I'm getting kinda excited now, having Ed on the case with me.

Anyone have some suggestions for me to draw up my floorplan? A website or app or something I can punch physical measurements into? Otherwise I'm gonna have to either draw it by hand or dig through a ton of old files to find our original paperwork.
I had one at one time. I think it was called 3D home. Maybe?
The last time I needed to “measure every inch”(for nothing) I just printed some graph paper and went to town with a pencil. Crude but effective. Ed is really nice to work with. Really interested in what you guys find out.
Pneuma. On. Now.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis