AudioScienceReviews measured SVS Ultras and the pink panther gets out in one piece!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So you disliked my OP because you do not believe his reviews worthy of discussion here?

(I do agree that the discussions are full of a lot of BS)
I took Everett to mean the posters at ASR are overly critical. Everett did NOT direct that you KEW. He's agreeing with you and is in your camp. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I took Everett to mean the posters at ASR are overly critical. Everett did NOT direct that you KEW. He's agreeing with you and is in your camp. :)
Everett accidentally fat fingered "dislike" instead of "like". That's what Kew is referencing. 'Twas an accident.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait, I'm confused... which one is Alex? The biker dude? He posts like someone who'd wear that 'stache...

:p :p
I made like a 'stache mask once based on the Village People leather biker boy toy. You know those masks from antiquity that had little sticks that were used to hold the masks? Well my stick only had the 'stache at the top. I had this black, almost burlap fabric cut to shape and glued to some heavy duty constriction paper. That was my idea for a costume.

Just wondering if there has ever been a harder thread derailment. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I made like a 'stache mask once based on the Village People leather biker boy toy. You know those masks from antiquity that had little sticks that were used to hold the masks? Well my stick only had the 'stache at the top. I had this black, almost burlap fabric cut to shape and glued to some heavy duty constriction paper. That was my idea for a costume.

Just wondering if there has ever been a harder thread derailment. :D
ae715872-5889-4109-8e33-68877f4f74a8_text.gif

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
He had "disliked" my post.
I thought that was a little harsh for a link!
Turns out it was accidental and he has now changed it.
Yes, I certainly appreciate all the work he is doing. Thanks for understanding

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Liking leads to loving and loving leads to f^%&ing.
Nah liking just leads to f@$!#ing I mean Tina Turner said it best. "What's Love Got to Do Got to Do with It!" What's Love But a Second Hand Emotion!" :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You would think room acoustics/treatments would result in some variations!
I'm thinking the people who had a different experience just decided to stay quiet.
I also expect some were like Pogre and simply upgraded over time (but did not really have a problem with the Ultras ... they did have 45 days to notice and get money back). Now that they have Amir's "expert*" opinion, they feel more clever to believe the things Amir heard "drove" them to get rid of the Ultras!

* I do not intend "expert" to come off as sarcastic! I very much appreciate the effort Amir makes to measure and do his best to subjectively evaluate speakers (and that he does not deny the likelihood of bias). I have learned to re-calibrate my expectations when reading his reviews because he is a far cry from the "everything's great" reviews that most reviewers give. I just think of him as being a picky SOB!
I really like Amir and his site as you said he's very picky which is nice sometimes seems like except for his site and audioholics there's not very many reviewers out there that are willing to be critical I appreciate that

And like you I like that he admits some of his critics could be bias When I finally plan on purchasing my final speakers I plan on sending him the JBL studio 580 or 590 to let him review them

It should be fun

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis