Audioholics Showcase Home Overview

M

Mrpoe

Audiophyte
Hi Gene! I'm enjoying watching you share real world and out of this planet setups as well, to fix my own.
I learned from this post about "subwoofer no" and feeding the sub trough the LR RCA's to match the sub with full range Mains. Is it possible for you to pass this info to Denon to add the option for those of us that don't have rca outputs?
I emailed them a couple of times telling them that if you disable the sub, the mains play the LFE channel, and they replied that's not correct, in fact they said it's impossible!
I was asking denon for an option to keep the lfe alive and also let the mains play the LFE track.
I have a Denon avr x2400h with towers that play 26hz -3db (106db playing the opening scene of Edge of tomorrow at -11db ) and after i bought the subwoofer it's like I'm in the same place!
Cheers!
Ps: sorry if I sound illiterate, english is my second language.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Man, talk about done up right! But Gene, you got a nice lil bar for refreshments, what about snacks? Popcorn machine, a nice stack of M&M's, Snow Caps you know, a snack bar. Lol. Very sweet HT room you got there Gene!

Mike

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi Gene! I'm enjoying watching you share real world and out of this planet setups as well, to fix my own.
I learned from this post about "subwoofer no" and feeding the sub trough the LR RCA's to match the sub with full range Mains. Is it possible for you to pass this info to Denon to add the option for those of us that don't have rca outputs?
I emailed them a couple of times telling them that if you disable the sub, the mains play the LFE channel, and they replied that's not correct, in fact they said it's impossible!
I was asking denon for an option to keep the lfe alive and also let the mains play the LFE track.
I have a Denon avr x2400h with towers that play 26hz -3db (106db playing the opening scene of Edge of tomorrow at -11db ) and after i bought the subwoofer it's like I'm in the same place!
Cheers!
Ps: sorry if I sound illiterate, english is my second language.
If you turn pff the sub channel then LFE gets rerouted to the mains. That's a fact. It's possible some receivers will scale back LFE in those instances to not overload the main channels but i haven't seen that happen since the Yamaha DSP-A1.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Man, talk about done up right! But Gene, you got a nice lil bar for refreshments, what about snacks? Popcorn machine, a nice stack of M&M's, Snow Caps you know, a snack bar. Lol. Very sweet HT room you got there Gene!

Mike

Mike
Haha we do have a popcorn machine downstairs and thankfully a pause button to hit the kitchen for snacks ;)

M

Mrpoe

Audiophyte
If you turn pff the sub channel then LFE gets rerouted to the mains. That's a fact. It's possible some receivers will scale back LFE in those instances to not overload the main channels but i haven't seen that happen since the Yamaha DSP-A1.
It's exactly as you stated! Too bad this receivers that doesn't have rca out, don't have the option to route LFE to mains while "subwoofer on". Because having a small 200rms subwoofer and "capable" full range towers could lead to distributing uniform bass across the room. And an spl bump haha

R

Ron Bates

Enthusiast
Gene, very impressive set up. I love listening to stereo and home theater and currently have both in the same room. My HT room is 15' X 22' X 8' high. The top corners of this upstairs HT 22' long room follow the roof line so the corners are at a 45 deg angle. Equipment: 7.2.4: Integra DRC-R1 processor, NAD 27 amp (to power R, C, L, and 4 surrounds), Rotel amp to power 4 celling speakers, Rotel 1072 CD player, OPPO 203, Sopra II L & R speakers, Sopra center channel, 8 B & W in wall speakers for sides and celling, 2 JL E112 subs, Epson projector with 117" SI screen. All my equipment is in a closet in the back of the room. So wiring from my amp to my L, C, R speakers is about 45 ft long. conductors 14 X 4. Too expensive to have a cable with a battery attached. Just kidding. My system sounds good for stereo and Home theater but wondering what can I do to upgrade the 2 channel experience? I am focusing on what stereo equipment to consider? Certainty the Anthem STR looks good or is overkill for what I have? I've looked at a Luxman integrated amp L507uxII. I wonder if this would be OK for L & R home theater speakers, would this have enough head room? Another idea is the PS Audio M700 mono blocks with their gain cell DAC. Having an outboard DAC is beneficial for sound quality. Any other ideas? What about on the processor side for HT or stereo? Would any of these pieces mentioned have an improvement over what I have? Sometimes I enjoy having with the stereo my 2 subs so a 2.2 set up. I'm not sure how this would impact my current set up by adding a 2 channel amp?
I appreciate your input, thank you, Ron

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis