• Thread starter slipperybidness
  • Start date
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:eek: Oh, no, they didn't. :eek:

Although I'm very glad it's not 600 WPC into 8 ohms and 1200 WPC into 4 ohm because that would be detrimental to my wallet - even if my buddy could get them for me for 50% off. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Very Nice. That makes mine a read deal at a little over a grand. Half the power at 1/4 the price.:rolleyes: Someone please buy my amp!!:eek::D

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
:eek: Oh, no, they didn't. :eek:

Although I'm very glad it's not 600 WPC into 8 ohms and 1200 WPC into 4 ohm because that would be detrimental to my wallet - even if my buddy could get them for me for 50% off. :D
Apparently, nobody told ATI all amps sound the same :p

ADTG:
Take another look at those handles... Whoa baby.
You know you have to have one...Make sure to buy a rolling jack :p

AH, Please review this beast!

- Rich

P.S. ATI you really have to consider an aluminum faceplate on an $8000 amp.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I found this online but can't copy the link

Montebello, CA , September 24, 2013 – Amplifier Technologies, Inc., the prolific manufacturer of many of the high end’s best amplifiers today introduced a new series of amplifiers designed by their president and chief engineer, Morris Kessler. The 6000 series amplifiers, available with 2 to 7 channels, are the company’s first new amplifiers in over a decade. Furthermore, their “signature series” designation with a facsimile of Kessler’s signature on the main panel acknowledges the special nature of these designs. Beyond Kessler’s personal identification, these amplifiers are new in more significant ways.
1. As in Kessler’s previous top-of-the-line designs, these amplifiers are fully balanced, differential amps, but unlike his earlier balanced designs which were essentially balanced bridged amplifiers, the 6000 series uses only a single input stage with dual-differential output stages. The reason: the advantages of balanced designs are retained and noise is reduced by 50%.

2. The design uses current feedback instead of the more common voltage feedback. The reason: current feedback amplifiers are faster with virtually unlmited slew rate and are better able to reproduce today’s best music and film.

3. Kessler used Thermaltrak output devices for the 6000 series. Unlike traditional designs where external diodes attached to the heat sinks track the amplifiers operating conditions and use the details to adjust bias, Thermaltrak devices have the diodes in the same package as the transistors. The results: bias is optimized in real-time.

4. The 6000 series use dual DC servos to track and maintain DC offset. The result: DC in the amplifier’s output is reduced to insignificant levels.

5. These amplifiers use a revised PCB layout. They are still modular with the complete amplifier including the power supply parts on a single card, but now the AC components are on one edge of the board and away from the signal input. The result: improved signal-to-noise performance.

6. All of the amplifiers in the series use dual toroidal transformers, dual power switches and dual line cords. The results: the AT6002 is now a complete dual-mono design and the ampflifiers with many channels, as in the 7-channel AT6007, can be hooked-up to two independent 20 amp circuits for greater sustained output power than is possible from a single AC circuit.

All the amplifiers in the 6000 series are rated at 300 Watts RMS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more that 0.03% THD at 8 ohms with all channels driven and 450 Watts RMS at 4 ohms under the same conditions. Signal-to-noise ratio is typically 128 dB referenced to full output so each amplifier in the series is capable of playing back the full dynamic range available on today’s lossless recordings.

Pricing: MSRP
AT6002 Stereo Signature Amplifier $3,995.00
AT6003 3-channel Signature Amplifier $4,795.00
AT6004 4-channel Signature Amplifier $5,595.00
AT6005 5-channel Signature Amplifier $6,395.00
AT6006 6-channel Signature Amplifier $7,195.00
AT6007 7-channel Signature Amplifier $7,995.00

All ATI amplifiers are available in standard (17”) and rack-mount (19”) chassis with domestic (117V) of Export (220 to 240V) chassis and are covered by ATI’s 7-year transferrable warranty.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently, nobody told ATI all amps sound the same :p

ADTG:
Take another look at those handles... Whoa baby.
You know you have to have one...Make sure to buy a rolling jack :p

AH, Please review this beast!

- Rich

P.S. ATI you really have to consider an aluminum faceplate on an $8000 amp.
People still buy amps even when all amps sound the same. ;)

But, really, I'm kind of semi-retired from all this buying.

And I prefer the simple black aesthetic. I don't like too much cheese. :D

I do like the handles. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
All the amplifiers in the 6000 series are rated at 300 Watts RMS from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more that 0.03% THD at 8 ohms with all channels driven and 450 Watts RMS at 4 ohms under the same conditions. Signal-to-noise ratio is typically 128 dB referenced to full output so each amplifier in the series is capable of playing back the full dynamic range available on today’s lossless recordings.

Pricing: MSRP
AT6002 Stereo Signature Amplifier $3,995.00
AT6003 3-channel Signature Amplifier $4,795.00
AT6004 4-channel Signature Amplifier $5,595.00
AT6005 5-channel Signature Amplifier $6,395.00
AT6006 6-channel Signature Amplifier $7,195.00
AT6007 7-channel Signature Amplifier $7,995.00

All ATI amplifiers are available in standard (17”) and rack-mount (19”) chassis with domestic (117V) of Export (220 to 240V) chassis and are covered by ATI’s 7-year transferrable warranty.
I thought it was 400 WPC into 8 ohms?

I don't like the naming.

I already have a 6000-series amp: the AT6012. :D

I think ATI should have consulted me on this. :D

They should have made it 500 WPC into 8 ohms, 1000 WPC into 4 ohms, and 2000 WPC into 2 ohms.

And offer 20 YR warranty since the regular ATI is already 7 YR.

RichB

RichB

I don't like the naming.

They should have made it 500 WPC into 8 ohms, 1000 WPC into 4 ohms, and 2000 WPC into 2 ohms.

I think we needed the picture here :)

Unfortunately, I can't do it. I seem to have a tiny-winnie quota.

Can some tremendous cosmic power user attach the image? :)

- Rich

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

The 20 year warranty is just a business problem, but the 500/1000/2000 WPC problem is more tricky in Class AB. For one thing, if you really want that sort of constant voltage performance you're probably going to need something like 3500 watts of AC power to get you there into 2 ohms, and that means some rather serious 230v/30amp wiring - for each mono block, and in Class AB you're probably talking monoblocks at that power level. The two closest products to meeting your requirements I can find are the Krell 600e or the Pass Labs X600.5 monoblocks, which cost serious money. They both weigh 130lbs each. Both made in the USA, as I know you like that.

Frankly, I think a better buy for you is the Crown Macro-Tech 5000i, at 2500W/ch into 4 ohm at 50lbs and $4600. Since you think all amps sound alike, even the stuff in AVRs, you sound like a perfect Macro-Tech customer. My guess is that Crown will probably, in reality, fix a Macro-Tech at little or no cost to you for the rest of your life, if it were to ever break, and I doubt it will.

RichB

RichB

^^^
... or rail switches like the XPR-1, that is, if all amps sound the same :p
ATI's are conservatively rated, the 300 series go up to 600 watts into 4 ohms. It will be interesting to see where these fall.

There is some interesting features in the 6000 series, including greater Signal to Noise, bias adjustments and feedback design:

Kessler used Thermaltrak output devices for the 6000 series. Unlike traditional designs where external diodes attached to the heat sinks track the amplifiers operating conditions and use the details to adjust bias,
I felt the ATI 3000 was a very dynamic and powerful amp.
I expect this to be a home run.

- Rich

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
ATI builds for many brands..
Also Mr.Kessler is well known from the early days of audio as the founder/designer of SAE products back in the 60/70s....
They build everything in the USA, their office/factory is in Walnut California about 15 miles downtown Los Angeles..

Just my $0.02... ;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

I don't like the naming.

Hey the infomation was provided by Jeff Hipps @ ATI and I finally got the link to work, it opens up to a word doc.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/JPContentAccessServlet?fileContentId=1345405&source=pk&showId=2805&ei=QjBMUpv2FpKqyQHckoFg&usg=AFQjCNFA5nWhb3lg9aQbncG6fOZhmFmzJQ&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWc

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The 20 year warranty is just a business problem, but the 500/1000/2000 WPC problem is more tricky in Class AB. For one thing, if you really want that sort of constant voltage performance you're probably going to need something like 3500 watts of AC power to get you there into 2 ohms, and that means some rather serious 230v/30amp wiring - for each mono block, and in Class AB you're probably talking monoblocks at that power level. The two closest products to meeting your requirements I can find are the Krell 600e or the Pass Labs X600.5 monoblocks, which cost serious money. They both weigh 130lbs each. Both made in the USA, as I know you like that.

Frankly, I think a better buy for you is the Crown Macro-Tech 5000i, at 2500W/ch into 4 ohm at 50lbs and $4600. Since you think all amps sound alike, even the stuff in AVRs, you sound like a perfect Macro-Tech customer. My guess is that Crown will probably, in reality, fix a Macro-Tech at little or no cost to you for the rest of your life, if it were to ever break, and I doubt it will.
Hopefully my ATI will never break and I will never buy another amp.

Same goes for my Denon, Subs, and speakers.

I never want to buy another piece if everything works great forever.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully my ATI will never break and I will never buy another amp.

Same goes for my Denon, Subs, and speakers.

I never want to buy another piece if everything works great forever.
Amps do age and need maintenance, but I understand the sentiment.

I reached that point with cars a short time ago. I decided to just maintain the ones I have and stop buying new ones, unless one gets damaged too badly in an accident.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Amps do age and need maintenance, but I understand the sentiment.

I reached that point with cars a short time ago. I decided to just maintain the ones I have and stop buying new ones, unless one gets damaged too badly in an accident.
I'm right there with you on the HT stuff.

As soon as I get my Range Rover, I will be right there with you on the cars, buddy. ;)

Just maintain all the timeless classics. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
As soon as I get my Range Rover, I will be right there with you on the cars, buddy. ;)
Just maintain all the timeless classics. :D
We have similar taste in speakers and amplifiers, apparently not so much in motor vehicles. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We have similar taste in speakers and amplifiers, apparently not so much in motor vehicles. ;)
Well, what cars do you have in mind? :D

I used to be interested only in Lexus, but I have changed. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis