• Thread starter slipperybidness
  • Start date
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ooo. lol Too funny. My wife and I are planning a trip to Serbia next year to visit my in-laws, leave the kids there for 2 weeks, go to Germany, and pick up my M4. Drive it all throughout and then ship it home. ;-) Then and only then, will I be done with cars too. I'm kind of done with audio for now....;-)
Yeah. I kind of like that feeling of "completeness".

HT, Car, House, etc. then the only thing left to do is to enjoy and not worry about what to buy. :D

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I know this is an old thread, but....

ATI AT6007 Signature Series Amplifier - $7,995

It looks well built, but c'mon....

I'm not paying that much for those lift handles and a egotist signature across the front of the face plate.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know this is an old thread, but....

ATI AT6007 Signature Series Amplifier - $7,995

It looks well built, but c'mon....

I'm not paying that much for those lift handles and a egotist signature across the front of the face plate.
Unfortunately, that's how the high-end world works.

The more they cost, the "higher-end" they are, and the "better" they sound. :eek:

ATI also make amps for Mark Levinson, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, etc., which are even more expensive. ATI also own DataSAT. So ATI have Pre-pros that cost $20K (Theta Digital, DataSAT).

I would prefer that ATI keep their amps in the $2-4K range and Pre-pros in the $2-4K range. A lot more people could own and enjoy ATI components.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Unfortunately, that's how the high-end world works.

The more they cost, the "higher-end" they are, and the "better" they sound. :eek:

ATI also make amps for Mark Levinson, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, etc., which are even more expensive. ATI also own DataSAT. So ATI have Pre-pros that cost $20K (Theta Digital, DataSAT).

I would prefer that ATI keep their amps in the $2-4K range and Pre-pros in the $2-4K range. A lot more people could own and enjoy ATI components.
Thanks ADTG. I’m not knocking ATI as they look like they make fine products. And who knows, I might be upgrading to one of their power amps someday myself.

It’s just that as a former audiophile, I have a hard time going to a parade and seeing that guy on that float with no clothes on, but he believes that he is the best dressed guy around.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks ADTG. I’m not knocking ATI as they look like they make fine products. And who knows, I might be upgrading to one of their power amps someday myself.

It’s just that as a former audiophile, I have a hard time going to a parade and seeing that guy on that float with no clothes on, but he believes that he is the best dressed guy around.
In my opinion, unless you have a very large room (at least 6000 cubic feet),big full-range speakers with a bunch of drivers that need a lot of power to sink all that current, and you're going to play wide-range music at an average level of 85db or louder at the listening seat, sitting at a distance of at least 15 feet from the front of the speakers, high-power super-amps like these ATIs are a waste of money. If you're okay with Class D amps, the ATIs are a waste of money even if you meet the above criteria.

And, FWIW, I think the signature on the front of the amp is stupid too. I wouldn't buy one unless they agreed to ship me a faceplate without it. The ATI 3000-series, with the 1980s Adcom decor, is ugly enough as it is.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
In my opinion, unless you have a very large room (at least 6000 cubic feet),big full-range speakers with a bunch of drivers that need a lot of power to sink all that current, and you're going to play wide-range music at an average level of 85db or louder at the listening seat, sitting at a distance of at least 15 feet from the front of the speakers, high-power super-amps like these ATIs are a waste of money. If you're okay with Class D amps, the ATIs are a waste of money even if you meet the above criteria.

And, FWIW, I think the signature on the front of the amp is stupid too. I wouldn't buy one unless they agreed to ship me a faceplate without it. The ATI 3000-series, with the 1980s Adcom decor, is ugly enough as it is.
The lettering can be removed with a thinner and ATI supplied with the brand they used. I thought about removing it all but got used to it.
Over-priced, I think that you should be able to find a dealer that gives a decent discount but I tend to agree that the prices are high. But as ADTG says, there are always higher.

- Rich

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
The lettering can be removed with a thinner and ATI supplied with the brand they used. I thought about removing it all but got used to it.
Over-priced, I think that you should be able to find a dealer that gives a decent discount but I tend to agree that the prices are high. But as ADTG says, there are always higher.

- Rich
Thinner, I never thought of that. As far as overpriced goes, I was referring to their autographed ‘Signature’ series. I don’t want to be too hard on this company since their other series of amps with their build quality and warranty seem to give good value per dollar.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Jasco.jpg

This is used at ATI to remove the silk screened lettering.

- Rich

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis