Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Any Ascend owners out there? Currently they are having their holiday sale and size wise they will fit nicely in the space I have in mind. I have been looking at the 340’s LCR. I have been told they have are very neutral sound and can play very loud. Currently a pair is going for $498. On that note, any recommendations of similar sound, size, and price would be appreciated.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
There's not a lot that compete with the Ascend Acoustics 340 pull the trigger

Edit: I just spent a little bit of time trying to assess in my head and think what does compete with these speakers. I thought of SVS, I thought of RSL's, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Axiom, Fluance, and others. And I really can't think I've too many speakers at that price point that would give you the sound quality, build quality, and components that those speakers offer.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I have a bunch of Ascends, the 340SE isn't one of them. Good value and quality speakers and good company to deal with IME. I wouldn't call any of my Ascends particularly spl monsters (Sierra-1 NrTs, 170SEs, 200SEs) but have gotten them fairly loud. The 340SE is reasonably sensitive, and using it's max power rating (240 watts continuous) looks like its capable of THX reference levels at 10 ft (using this).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I see you have Rocket Towers as your Avatar. You own them?
I've had Rockets and Mini Strata's in my home

Soundman

Soundman

Yes,
I see you have Rocket Towers as your Avatar. You own them?
I've had Rockets and Mini Strata's in my home
Yes, I have Rocket 760’s, but they are too big to fit into the space I’m using. Need something with a smaller footprint. Even the Rocket center Chanel is insanely huge!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Yes,

Yes, I have Rocket 760’s, but they are too big to fit into the space I’m using. Need something with a smaller footprint. Even the Rocket center Chanel is insanely huge!
I still have a new inbox Rocket Center Channel. It is a monster

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Making me think of that "schifty" guy...he out of prison?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Always heard good things about Ascend Speakers... and Dave is well respected. I had hoped to get to visit Ascend two years ago when I was shopping for my rig, but the trip would've been too much trouble. :( Still hoping I can get down there and check out their scene.
One of our friends here found a used pair of Sierra 1s (I think), fell in love, then traded his SVS Ultra Towers for Sierra Towers with the Raal upgrade. He was very happy with the change.
I suspect you might be, too.

Soundman

Soundman

RBH
There's not a lot that compete with the Ascend Acoustics 340 pull the trigger

Edit: I just spent a little bit of time trying to assess in my head and think what does compete with these speakers. I thought of SVS, I thought of RSL's, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Axiom, Fluance, and others. And I really can't think I've too many speakers at that price point that would give you the sound quality, build quality, and components that those speakers offer.
RBH?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
RBH spawn out and then dragged-in and then they basically killed EmpTek speakers. Since that time RBH doesn't really have many speakers at the "budget" prices

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
RBH spawn out and then dragged-in and then they basically killed EmpTek speakers. Since that time RBH doesn't really have many speakers at the "budget" prices
That's what I was thinking, they had some good values with that line that is no more....

Soundman

Soundman

While I have a bunch of Ascends, the 340SE isn't one of them. Good value and quality speakers and good company to deal with IME. I wouldn't call any of my Ascends particularly spl monsters (Sierra-1 NrTs, 170SEs, 200SEs) but have gotten them fairly loud. The 340SE is reasonably sensitive, and using it's max power rating (240 watts continuous) looks like its capable of THX reference levels at 10 ft (using this).
Sounds good. Yes, this will be a HT setup. Not a lot of space and the 340’s wouldn’t take up as much space and the center channel fits.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds good. Yes, this will be a HT setup. Not a lot of space and the 340’s wouldn’t take up as much space and the center channel fits.
How are you planning to place them? Using the Ascend stands or ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis