Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers RAAL Tweeters

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Salk reopened for business last week! My towers are at the 29% done stage with the veneer applied. My center is now at 23% with the cabinets glued up. You'll probably still get yours before mine, but I'm excited!
They got the ribbons in and are going to finish assembly after this weekend. She told me they should ship next Thursday or Friday!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice! Which finish did you go with?
Well, finish choices are more limited with Ascend as you know. I wanted piano gloss black to match the books but it's not an option for the towers. Satin black was my next choice, but those are oos indefinitely and she didn't even have a guess as to when they'd have more so I went with matte black bamboo.

C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic
Well, finish choices are more limited with Ascend as you know. I wanted piano gloss black to match the books but it's not an option for the towers. Satin black was my next choice, but those are oos indefinitely and she didn't even have a guess as to when they'd have more so I went with matte black bamboo.
Did you ever get your towers? I'm currently using the 2EX, but was communicating with Dave about the possibility of moving to the towers. They are twice the cost, so want to make sure it's the right purchase.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you ever get your towers? I'm currently using the 2EX, but was communicating with Dave about the possibility of moving to the towers. They are twice the cost, so want to make sure it's the right purchase.
I did, and I'm really loving them. As soon as I get my Ultra towers sold I'm getting the matching Sierra Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade!

Oh... hi guys! Just been on an extended break, but I've been thinking of all you audioholics. I just stumbled across something interesting on Craigslist but I'm not super sure about it. I'm gonna bump my good deals thread here in a minute.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I did, and I'm really loving them. As soon as I get my Ultra towers sold I'm getting the matching Sierra Horizon center with the RAAL upgrade!

Oh... hi guys! Just been on an extended break, but I've been thinking of all you audioholics. I just stumbled across something interesting on Craigslist but I'm not super sure about it. I'm gonna bump my good deals thread here in a minute.
Pogre!!!!! How ya been doin' man?!! Missed ya!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre!!!!! How ya been doin' man?!! Missed ya!
I'm well man. I just got done replying to your pm, lol. Just took a li'l break for a while, but I finally reposted my speaker ad (Ultra towers, still have 'em) and got to looking at other stuff and thought of you guys. I bumped one of my old threads if you wanna check it out. It's a dual sub for 200 bucks.

Last edited:
C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic

Glad to hear you like them. I'm still debating about moving to the towers or sticking with my 2-EX and waiting to upgrade down the line.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad to hear you like them. I'm still debating about moving to the towers or sticking with my 2-EX and waiting to upgrade down the line.
The towers offer higher sensitivity and they can handle some power. If you like it loud they're a good choice. As far as sq I can only guess very similar with greater dynamics and deeper bass. I have a pair of S2s also and while I could get some good spl out of them I needed the towers for my room and listening habits.

C

CoolHandDuke

Junior Audioholic
The towers offer higher sensitivity and they can handle some power. If you like it loud they're a good choice. As far as sq I can only guess very similar with greater dynamics and deeper bass. I have a pair of S2s also and while I could get some good spl out of them I needed the towers for my room and listening habits.
Thanks. This is my concern too. They do lose some composure at higher volumes. Not only that but my wife likes the look of towers better than bookshelf on stands. I'll sleep on it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. This is my concern too. They do lose some composure at higher volumes. Not only that but my wife likes the look of towers better than bookshelf on stands. I'll sleep on it.
WELL?? :p

My Horizon is currently out for delivery and scheduled to arrive between 11 and 3 o'clock. Oh, oh... as I was typing that I got an email to follow my delivery on the map!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

My Horizon is currently out for delivery and scheduled to arrive between 11 and 3 o'clock. Oh, oh... as I was typing that I got an email to follow my delivery on the map!
Anybody else seeing an image of Pogre on the rooftop with his phone and some binoculars, stalking the delivery driver?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

Dude - You are in for a treat today. Seamless clear and powerful sound across the front stage. Depending on your room and preference you may find you don't even need to boost the Center channel level. Betting you will be pretty happy with the Horizon! Congrats.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis