Ascend Acoustic Ribbon Towers

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Those look like satin espresso. I might have tried to work something out with that cat. A person could pay the shipping for those and still be a great deal.

It's a lot to spend sight unseen tho, and I'd be on pins and needles the whole time until I actually got them and determined they were legit.
Wouldn't touch em'. Look at the state of that room. You think those were well cared for or even belonged to that person from the get go? That kind of money should only be spent on new or refurbished items that come with a warranty.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wouldn't touch em'. Look at the state of that room. You think those were well cared for or even belonged to that person from the get go? That kind of money should only be spent on new or refurbished items that come with a warranty.
Yeah, I do mean provided there were some way to inspect or have them inspected. Ultimately I'd chicken out unless I could go there in person and audition. It's too much money to gamble.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The warranty is transferable, I'm pretty sure.

(I'd still be a little hesitant to buy speakers from an ad with such bad pictures.)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I do mean provided there were some way to inspect or have them inspected. Ultimately I'd chicken out unless I could go there in person and audition. It's too much money to gamble.
What?
You don't trust me?
I'm crushed!:confused:

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
All I can add is I come here from a guitar forum and my eyes Robin Trower (ribbon towers).

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
As some of you know, I ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks ago. I'm excited to report (not really, read on) that I received one of them today!

Yeah. One of them. The other one is still on its way and due tomorrow. Wtf man?? I'd rather they just sent them both tomorrow than torture me by sending one today and make me look at it until tomorrow!

I'll bet you guys read the title and thought "Oh boy, Pogre got his new towers!", huh? Now you know how I feel, lol.

View attachment 36740

That just ticks me off man. I don't even see the point opening the box til the other one arrives. What a way to do an audiophile dirty... Deep breath- first world problem Pogre... okay. Well, I should have the other tomorrow. Somehow they got separated in California. Sure wish I could hear them now tho...
I haven't been following closely lately...no, I didn't realize you were even in the market!

Sucks to come individually, but where are these going?

C

Cane1992

Audiophyte
Enjoy!!! I have owned the Ascend Acoustic Sierra Towers (with RAAL ribbons) along with the center Horizon for years. SO GOOD!!! I have Ascend Acoustic CBM-170 all around and 2 Rythmik F-12 subs in a 11.2 system. Oppo 105D, Yamaha 5100 and 3 Emotiva amps.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't been following closely lately...no, I didn't realize you were even in the market!

Sucks to come individually, but where are these going?
Oh, somehow I missed this post!

I found a pair of Sierra 2s on Craigslist for a steal. Very impressed with the sound, just need more of it in my big room so I talked myself into the ribbon towers! I'll be putting the Ultras up for sale soon... o_O
Enjoy!!! I have owned the Ascend Acoustic Sierra Towers (with RAAL ribbons) along with the center Horizon for years. SO GOOD!!! I have Ascend Acoustic CBM-170 all around and 2 Rythmik F-12 subs in a 11.2 system. Oppo 105D, Yamaha 5100 and 3 Emotiva amps.:)
Thanks! I lucked into a pair of Sierra 2s on CL for $650 and was seduced by the RAAL ribbons. I need more spl for my big room tho, so I went for the towers! Right now I'm using one of my Sierra 2s for a center whilst I scheme up a way to get the Horizon center. Once I get that then I'll either move the 2s to surround duty or set them up for a little 2 or 2.1 channel rig in another room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well... it wasn't old when I posted it. You're the one who came late to the party! lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis