Ascend Acoustic Ribbon Towers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As some of you know, I ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks ago. I'm excited to report (not really, read on) that I received one of them today!

Yeah. One of them. The other one is still on its way and due tomorrow. Wtf man?? I'd rather they just sent them both tomorrow than torture me by sending one today and make me look at it until tomorrow!

I'll bet you guys read the title and thought "Oh boy, Pogre got his new towers!", huh? Now you know how I feel, lol.

download_20200601_174426_copy_1612x1209_copy_806x605.jpeg

That just ticks me off man. I don't even see the point opening the box til the other one arrives. What a way to do an audiophile dirty... Deep breath- first world problem Pogre... okay. Well, I should have the other tomorrow. Somehow they got separated in California. Sure wish I could hear them now tho...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Uh ... thanks (?) for sharing?
Impulse post? Is this a common thing? I've been following the tracking since they shipped and didn't realize they were separated. When it arrived it was a pretty huge letdown and I let off a puff of steam. I guess I thought folks would relate...

Steam vent. That's where I should have put this. Oops.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just think of all the pleasure you could be having right now, enjoying great music with the finest presentation, if only those packages hadn't been separated. This must be excrutiating. I don't know how you can bear it. If it were me, I would just shoot myself. :p

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Apparently UPS strongly supports the Toole/Olive/Harman methodology of speaker comparisons in which it's done one speaker at a time, not in stereo pairs.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently UPS strongly supports the Toole/Olive/Harman methodology of speaker comparisons in which it's done one speaker at a time, not in stereo pairs.
Is this why they often deliver half of the shipment first? :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you have mono LPs, you could enjoy listening to the first one received while waiting for the other one?
I was thinking about hooking my Sierra 2s up and plop the tower right front and center for a temporary center channel, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this why they often deliver half of the shipment first? :D
Does this happen often? I never even considered it til I opened my door... I walked to the end of the sidewalk, scratched my head, looked around...

Then I went back inside, got on the UPS site to double check the tracking number and saw at the bottom of the page there's a dropdown labeled "other packages in this shipment". Yup. That's when it sunk in... sigh.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Impulse post? Is this a common thing? I've been following the tracking since they shipped and didn't realize they were separated. When it arrived it was a pretty huge letdown and I let off a puff of steam. I guess I thought folks would relate...

Steam vent. That's where I should have put this. Oops.
Was the UPS delivery guy very, very, old?
If so, he might be an extremely happy mono listener tonight.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Was the UPS delivery guy very, very, old?
If so, he might be an extremely happy mono listener tonight.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have no idea. By the time I let the dogs out and answered the door he was already driving off!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Does this happen often? I never even considered it til I opened my door... I walked to the end of the sidewalk, scratched my head, looked around...

Then I went back inside, got on the UPS site to double check the tracking number and saw at the bottom of the page there's a dropdown labeled "other packages in this shipment". Yup. That's when it sunk in... sigh.
I don't know, I just insinuated that it often happens. I sympathize with you, it's really frustrating.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Not with Speakers, but I've had something similar happen to me where two packages leave Point A and get routed through separate channels.
IIRC, I had to wait 2-3 days for the other item to show up. That was a Fed Ex thing.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
That’s crazy that the other speaker is running late. Sorry man. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Pogre – Sorry to read about the shipping snafu. You now have half a stereo pair :mad:.

I've been there myself. Back in 2007 when I got my original SongTowers, I received one speaker on a Friday. It was Labor Day weekend, so I had to wait until Tuesday for the other speaker. It was frustrating and angering, but before long I forgot all about that. Soon, you will too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis