As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There are so many things that many Christians weren't taught to understand about other religions and I'm no expert, but the ones who hate Jews and believe in the idea that Christ is the Son Of God are forgetting a small detail- he was a Jew. He's also called 'King Of The Jews'- they may still believe that the Jews are the cause of many catastrophes, plagues, etc. Still trying to get a handle on Islam- I have read a good amount and I fail to see how their interpretation of the same writings that are the foundation of Judaism and Christianity is the only correct one when it came about over 600 years after Christ. All three religions are considered 'Abrahamic' and even Muslims believe that Christ will go to Heaven on Judgement Day.

I really like being in control of my senses and faculties- much better than being gooned. Last time I had some wine and felt a bit buzzed, I couldn't get un-buzzed fast enough- didn't like it at all.
That's why I don't take what scripture says literally.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No, I'm all messed up due to a series of falls in 2007, and I have back issues that came on big about the same time. The back stuff is a family wide thing on my Irish side. My Great Great Great Grandmother came over when she was 12, had 8 kids starting at 14 that lived to reproduce, and ALL of their descendants, except one lucky guy, had back issues, bad ones by 42. I was right on schedule, at 42, when I had a major bout of sciatica, one of many. I'm 2" shorter than I was at 40. Then came the falls. If it hadn't happened to me I wouldn't have believed it was possible to do the damage I did from simply stumbling. I was walking into a gas station, and I took a bad step. My right foot stuck and my foot became a pivot point and I slammed my knee into the sidewalk. It went numb instantly, which was good in a way, as I had no pain from the impact. I tore the hell out of my right shoulder trying to keep my face from slamming the sidewalk, and that did hurt a little(Not nearly what I expected it to) I crushed the Femoral Nerve under my right knee, causing (at first) almost total numbness about 4" above to about 4" below my knee. Along with the knee damage, I tore all my muscles in my thigh, calf, hip, shin, and even my foot! I could not tell if my leg was bent or straight (Except at the extremes) for over 3 years. While it was numb to the max, I fell down dozens and dozens of times, as my right knee wasn't locked up, or if I was tired, it would just fold up. Most of these falls were harmless, but about 3 months after the first fall, I fell in therapy, and I unknowingly partially tore my left quadricep tendon. That hurt very badly. After a short hospital stay for various reasons both related and unrelated to the fall, this is long enough without all that, but it is a good "hospital horror story", I was sent to rehab, where on the third day, after knowing somehow something bad was going to happen, my left knee folded up and I totally tore off my quadricep. Then there was surgery, etc. My left knee is treacherous, it seems to have a mind of it's own and sometimes it just folds up. My right knee is actually more trustworthy than the left one is, and it's not close to being right. Steps over a certain height are downright dangerous and I fall about once or twice a year and expect that will eventually end badly someday. This is my right knee almost 3 weeks after the original fall. The camera I took it with had weak red response and it's MUCH worse than the pic looks: As always the late King never left me alone. He really did love me.

What you can't see is that the bruising is the whole pictured area, it's all bruises. All of it, it just doesn't show because of the junk camera. Here is good ol' Bacon Foot:

My foot looked like that for about 18 months. I had about a quart of clotted blood on the bottom of my right thigh that took forever to go away. Here is my torn up bicep:

Again, the yellow area is actually kind of purple, the purple is almost black, and I could dislocate my arm at will for over a year. I was told I needed surgery, but never had it due to my poor walking and needing my right arm to walk with. But somehow after about 3 years, I regained over 90% of my right arm motion, but my bicep is damaged and has about a 30 pound lift limit on it. Any more and it hurts like hell and tries to tear itself off. A UFC, I think, fighter was doing a forward flip after winning a fight recently, and his foot stuck on landing, and it was a career ending deal, and they showed it in slow motion and I got to see what happened to me clearly for the first time. At least I didn't scream like he did the first time I fell, but the next two times when I fell in therapy, I made up for it. Anyway, I'm severely limited on exercise. And that's my tale of woe..
Wow! That explains a lot! You have my sympathy, bud. That has to be a tough way to live.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm severely limited on exercise.
If you get into a pool it'll take the weight off your joints, muscles etc while you explore and expand the range of motion you now have.

This worked for me while I stuck to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Enter-Zone-Dietary-Road-map/dp/0060391502

Close to 40 lbs in 6 months came off and only about 20 came back over the course of the last 5 or 6 years.

GO-NAD wants pic's with more skin but doesn't know how to ask. :D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's why I don't take what scripture says literally.
Which language are you reading? If it's English, that would be the fourth or fifth translation and if the Telephone Game has taught us anything, if translation and interpretation are involved, the original is very different from later versions.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Which language are you reading? If it's English, that would be the fourth or fifth translation and if the Telephone Game has taught us anything, if translation and interpretation are involved, the original is very different from later versions.
That would be English, my ancient language skills are a bit rusty. ;)

Translation can be tricky, even between modern languages. That said, not every translation is based on the one that preceded it. Some go back to source texts, or, as close to source as possible.

highfigh

highfigh

That would be English, my ancient language skills are a bit rusty. ;)

Translation can be tricky, even between modern languages. That said, not every translation is based on the one that preceded it. Some go back to source texts, or, as close to source as possible.
Right, especially when translating to English, even if it's GB to US (I think it was GB Shaw who described us as "Two countries, separated by a common language").

Translation can be tricky? Speaking English to people whose native language is English can be tricky.

You got me- I never had ancient language skills. I just nod, as if I understand. :)

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
If you get into a pool it'll take the weight off your joints, muscles etc while you explore and expand the range of motion you now have.

This worked for me while I stuck to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Enter-Zone-Dietary-Road-map/dp/0060391502

Close to 40 lbs in 6 months came off and only about 20 came back over the course of the last 5 or 6 years.

GO-NAD wants pic's with more skin but doesn't know how to ask. :D
Maybe I can do that. It's all a giant pain to do anything other than drive, sit, walk into a store and ride the scooter, etc.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Wow! That explains a lot! You have my sympathy, bud. That has to be a tough way to live.
It's not as bad as you might think, but it's definitely a change from the way I was before that. With just the back issues, I was able to do what I wanted, except for a couple weeks every six months or so, when I would have a flare up. My main wish is that I would be able to walk a dog like I did before. When my last dogs checked out from old age, I was thinking about another one, but I decided since I can't walk worth a damn, it's not fair to the dog and I don't want a little dog, and big ones need to walk, IMO.

As far as my little tale of woe I posted, I left out some highlights such as a absolutely horrible hospital stay, with no sleepfor five days(almost none, anyway) due to it being insanely noisy, along with being woken up when I was asleep twice a night, and then about 6am with the employees banging a cooler lid while putting ice in pitchers, and I am now a legend there due to my total explosion of rage at two young doctors who walked into it without warning. I never thought I could yell so loud. Neither did a friend's wife who could clearly hear everything I said two floors above and on the other side of the hospital. Also missing was the TWO insane roommates I had at the knee rehab, the really nasty physical therapist who I just hated, another roommate who somehow survived not one but two huge mistakes that should have killed him and almost did. His wife ignored the doctors who wanted her to donate his organs as he was basically brain dead, and oops, he woke up with no neuro issues at all. The lawyers for the docs and hospital were making some big settlement offers, and the guy was going home a very rich man. He was about to retire anyway. He's 86 now and doing well, he drives a Grand Cherokee SRT Trackhawk and his wife has a 392 Charger Scatpack, all paid for by the settlements with a ton left for their kids, who had their student loans all paid off with the first checks. Oh, and another thing. A family friend had almost the same injury I did, and almost died due to a huge infection in his leg. Without even getting a lawyer and the complications hadn't happened yet, the place he fell at came in and paid everything, and paid his salary after his paid time expired. Meanwhile, the owners of the place I fell at told me it's a shame, and they wished me well. The owners are a huge corporation who spends millions on TV ads and a ton sponsoring sporting events. I didn't want to get rich, I just would have liked my out of pocket expenses paid for. Oh well, I made it through the $20000 plus hit I took and now am doing well, money wise. And I've accepted how I am at this point.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe I can do that. It's all a giant pain to do anything other than drive, sit, walk into a store and ride the scooter, etc.
The pool really does help. It's hard at first (just like any workout), but I would think it could start to help. I know a few people that have gotten joint replacements and the pool was the "easiest" thing for them since it helped with the weight as @Alex2507 said.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've accepted how I am
Speed, coke and steroids could change that.

It's all a giant pain to do anything other than drive, sit, walk into a store and ride the scooter, etc.
So here's the scoop with aquatic therapy. The therapist is the most important part until you develop a routine. It just takes too much time to figure stuff out on your own. The pool I use is salt water and ~95 degrees. A regular heated pool is ~85 degrees and requires 'warm up' exercises to stretch out.

Stop stretching at the onset of the 'stretch' sensation and work the stretch in those parameters, increasing the minimum range of comfortable motion. It's kind of a different approach to PT, I guess. I mean it all works so long as you do the work but taking care to not hurt yourself during recovery only helps the recovery.

Now the good part: drugs. Use the appropriate level of pain killers to get you through the PT whether, it be pot or pills. My guess is you need pills. I'm down to pot and the regular Asprin/Tylenol/NSAIDs now but right after a knee replacement about a year ago, opiates were required.

My PT people this time around were both top notch. The first two surgeries were arthroscopic and those PT people were good too, just not as good as the team I stumbled on after the third surgery (full knee joint replacement). Don't post any more pic's on my behalf. PM that sh!t straight to GO-NAD! but my leg was black, way blacker than yours and the knee was twice the size. To make matters worse, I'm a huge pussy.

... and I had to ditch Face Book because I was spending time on that when I could have been doing PT.

highfigh

highfigh

Well, back on topic:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-cafe-cannabis-dispensaries-1.5217307

As I had foreseen, the legal cannabis business has been a shambles right from the start. Part of the justification for legalizing pot was to stop wasting time and resources on prosecuting people. But, when government proves itself incompetent at being a vendor, illegal sales continue unabated.
Are they still arresting and prosecuting for illegal pot sales?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Are they still arresting and prosecuting for illegal pot sales?
Apparently so. I don't hear anything about busting street dealers, but the unsanctioned "medical cannabis dispensaries" as well as cafes like the ones in the article certainly are. You're allowed to grow your own or buy it from approved vendors and that's it. Here in Nova Scotia, the NSLC (the crown corporation responsible for alcohol sales here) is the only legal vendor for "recreational" cannabis. I'm not really sure how medical cannabis and its derivatives are distributed.

What I find bizarre about the displays in liquor stores are the signs describing the various strains with different THC levels as "enhance", "centre" and "unwind". Why don't they have signs describing the alcohol content - "social lubricant", "panty remover" and "blotto" - of the various beverages? (Sarcasm)

I guess they have to say something about the different pot products and how stoned you get is about the only way to differentiate amongst them. Because, lets face it - the ONLY reason to consume recreational cannabis is to get stoned, whether to a minor or major degree.

I can have a pint of craft beer, glass of wine, or dram of whisky and enjoy them for the taste, without impairment being the goal. Of course, any more than a couple and impairment becomes a factor. That's why I drink only in moderation.

highfigh

highfigh

Apparently so. I don't hear anything about busting street dealers, but the unsanctioned "medical cannabis dispensaries" as well as cafes like the ones in the article certainly are. You're allowed to grow your own or buy it from approved vendors and that's it. Here in Nova Scotia, the NSLC (the crown corporation responsible for alcohol sales here) is the only legal vendor for "recreational" cannabis. I'm not really sure how medical cannabis and its derivatives are distributed.

What I find bizarre about the displays in liquor stores are the signs describing the various strains with different THC levels as "enhance", "centre" and "unwind". Why don't they have signs describing the alcohol content - "social lubricant", "panty remover" and "blotto" - of the various beverages? (Sarcasm)

I guess they have to say something about the different pot products and how stoned you get is about the only way to differentiate amongst them. Because, lets face it - the ONLY reason to consume recreational cannabis is to get stoned, whether to a minor or major degree.

I can have a pint of craft beer, glass of wine, or dram of whisky and enjoy them for the taste, without impairment being the goal. Of course, any more than a couple and impairment becomes a factor. That's why I drink only in moderation.
I made the point in your post bold about why people use pot and in the media, NOBODY says anything about this- the people who are so adamant about legalization talk about pain killing ability (I NEVER noticed this),ability to concentrate (oh, yeah- people can definitely concentrate on something when they're stoned, to the exclusion of everything else) and "it helps them cope". Some can take the edge off, but at some point, will they lose the ability to moderate their use? Booze and drugs are insidious and a person't tolerance can build to the point where they need to smoke/ingest more. Booze is different- if the liver is damaged, the alcohol affects them sooner.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I made the point in your post bold about why people use pot and in the media, NOBODY says anything about this- the people who are so adamant about legalization talk about pain killing ability (I NEVER noticed this),ability to concentrate (oh, yeah- people can definitely concentrate on something when they're stoned, to the exclusion of everything else) and "it helps them cope". Some can take the edge off, but at some point, will they lose the ability to moderate their use? Booze and drugs are insidious and a person't tolerance can build to the point where they need to smoke/ingest more. Booze is different- if the liver is damaged, the alcohol affects them sooner.
To be clear, I couldn't care less if people like to consume pot, I just have no interest in it. As far as negative effects on society, booze certainly is more harmful than pot, without question. But, pot has one purpose and one purpose only (at least the "recreational" kind). That's where the difference lies for me.

If I suffered a medical condition that could possibly be alleviated by some form of cannabis, I be all for it. Otherwise, meh.

More than once, I've been driving to work at 6:30 am, only to smell the unmistakable aroma of pot emanating from the vehicle ahead of me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis