As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Ninja
Ratings
1,527 6 1
I made the point in your post bold about why people use pot and in the media, NOBODY says anything about this- the people who are so adamant about legalization talk about pain killing ability (I NEVER noticed this),ability to concentrate (oh, yeah- people can definitely concentrate on something when they're stoned, to the exclusion of everything else) and "it helps them cope". Some can take the edge off, but at some point, will they lose the ability to moderate their use? Booze and drugs are insidious and a person't tolerance can build to the point where they need to smoke/ingest more. Booze is different- if the liver is damaged, the alcohol affects them sooner.
They do make strains that aren't so strong, but do have the medical benefits. If people are smoking strong stuff, as you said, it's to get stoned. They will still get benefits, but will also be impaired.

The concentration aspect is for the ADD folks out there. It calms their brain so they aren't so scatterbrained. I'd rather be stoned that ever take adderall again. Tried that once in college to study and it made me crazy. No thanks on legal meth.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ratings
9,791 70 8
highfigh

highfigh

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
3,291 9 15
I have to assume that means you were in some sort of pain and THC didn't make it better?

We say 'relaxed'.

We say 'enlightened'.

:D:D:D
No, nobody ever claimed that it was good for reliving pain, so nobody paid attention. There's only one way I'm likely to find out and I don't really want to.

Mellow!

Ooh! Pizza!

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Ratings
Speed, coke and steroids could change that.

Oh sure, I know people whose lives have changed from them!

So here's the scoop with aquatic therapy. The therapist is the most important part until you develop a routine. It just takes too much time to figure stuff out on your own. The pool I use is salt water and ~95 degrees. A regular heated pool is ~85 degrees and requires 'warm up' exercises to stretch out.

Stop stretching at the onset of the 'stretch' sensation and work the stretch in those parameters, increasing the minimum range of comfortable motion. It's kind of a different approach to PT, I guess. I mean it all works so long as you do the work but taking care to not hurt yourself during recovery only helps the recovery.

Now the good part: drugs. Use the appropriate level of pain killers to get you through the PT whether, it be pot or pills. My guess is you need pills. I'm down to pot and the regular Asprin/Tylenol/NSAIDs now but right after a knee replacement about a year ago, opiates were required.

My PT people this time around were both top notch. The first two surgeries were arthroscopic and those PT people were good too, just not as good as the team I stumbled on after the third surgery (full knee joint replacement). Don't post any more pic's on my behalf. PM that sh!t straight to GO-NAD! but my leg was black, way blacker than yours and the knee was twice the size. To make matters worse, I'm a huge pussy.

... and I had to ditch Face Book because I was spending time on that when I could have been doing PT.
Well, there's a problem with the pills. I have an amazing tolerance of them, almost where they do little but make me a little happy. I'm totally immune to intravenous Morphine, as I found out after my knee surgery, and NSAID's nearly killed my kidneys after taking them for a bad shoulder for a long time. Right now, I take no painkillers 99% of the time, once in a great while, I will take a pretty much useless Ibuprofen.

But I am going to check into the water therapy. I don't know if my insurance will cover any more PT. At least I have little chance of being injured in the pool, especially if it's salt water. I've been injured twice and made worse another time out of 4 total PT regimes and the 4th was IMHO, worthless, so, you might say I'm kind of spooked about going at all.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ratings
9,791 70 8
I've been injured twice and made worse another time out of 4 total PT regimes
Man, that blows. I rejoined my old gym that has a 60' long pool. The Rehab place with Feng Shui Steve (FSS) looking after the salt water pool is $15/visit. I was telling a friend that at this point, I know what to do in a pool because of all the PT with FSS. Prior to that I was trying to be a better swimmer! Like I care about swimming! Good luck finding someone you click with for the PT.

I've got some down time and even though I would rather be speakering, I'm going to ... oh, I hate to say it ... exercise! And the speaker project I'm not tending to has been an ongoing, in my face thing for over a year! And I'm still going to pass it by to go do a bunch of stuff I hate ... why me? :D

EDIT: 1.5 hours later ... still here in my underwear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis