As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
and i bought 3 packs of smoking paper with Canada cannabis flag :pView attachment 29077
Here in Louisiana, you get caught with one joint, you can get up to a year in jail, you get caught with ounces, 5 to 30 years in prison..thing is Louisiana has the highest prison population. Back in the 70's if you got caught with a bag of weed Cops would mostly just take it from you. Now it's all about the money..

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Also if I had known at 60 years old, this was it I would have smoked more weed back in the 70's..lol..man I miss my Acapulco gold!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
For nausea, ginger is a good natural ingredient.
Is that what you're smoking ?!? :D

Wife dealing with chemo, she won’t smoke, looking for something to address nausea, lack of appetite
There are edibles, right? However some people don't like being 'altered'.

Ondansetron is what they gave me with opiates 2 surgeries ago and I avoided it due to a headache it gave me the first time I used it for nausea but I used it after the last surgery because the mere risk of a headache was preferable to actual vomiting.

Weed was a lot easier to tolerate than opiates and it didn't make me sick. Chalk one up for weed. The doc offered to get me a medical card but the Sixties: Round 2 seems to be upon us.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Is that what you're smoking ?!? :D
Ha! Ha! I stopped smoking cigars and pipe tobacco many years ago. However, I never touched a cigarette.

I love ginger but I have to restrict its use as I'm taking an anticoagulant because of history of atrial fibrillation. Ginger is another anti-inflammatory spice that may stop blood clotting. It contains a natural acid called salicylate. ... It is unlikely, however, that natural salicylates are as effective as blood-thinning medications.:)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Very fluid situation in this country. Here in Massachusetts there are now about a dozen stores selling it. The first two were on their own for about 3 months and raked in over $2.1M, so the one 2.5 miles from me (in the next town) is boosting the local government by $175K just for that time...and it isn't chump change. Now that more are open their business is dropping off, but it will be at least a steady $350K per year in the town budget.

I buy it for my wife on a black market, just as good for 1/2 the price. I was all done with it at age 28, and at 59 I have zero interest in it. I can still roll a really good, straight and round joint, but she prefers putting a tiny bit in a bowl because it's more powerful than the Alcapulco Gold and Panama Red that I used to get as a kid.

I don't want people under 21 using it while their brains aren't fully developed, but can't stop it. All we can do is encourage moderation, the right time and place to use it. What it should stop being everywhere in this country is a reason to put people in jail. That's just so wrong, and always seems to incarcerate a disproportionate number of disadvantaged people.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Personally, I think it's a big mistake to legalize cannabis. It has serious side effects for young people.

Canadian Government thinking is that it is going to kill at least 50% of the illegal market. But what would happen should the black market people decide to sell the herb at a cheaper price than the legal one? o_O
Fair opinion.

I disagree for the most part though. Reportedly, one of the fastest growing segments of pot users in the legal states are the 60+ y/o crowd. There are still people that make their own liquor, so the street pot market is still going to exist, but enough people are buying it the legit way to put billions into the Colo economy. I mention Colo because I have family there, been there many times and have some basic knowledge of the post legal scene out there.

Agree with you on young people in general, but I wouldn't consider it any more dangerous long term than underaged drinking or tobacco use.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Here hit this, puff puff cough cough passes joint. Lol ;)

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
To the point of alcohol, I know of bar owners who skate the law on liquor sales, some even run loaded dice games in their bars. But yet the local law looks the other way cause of the tax dollars they get. Not to even mention the prostitution some run out of their clubs. Again I'm sure the local law enforcement knows about it. I've seen the Lady's of the night sit at the bar working the guys for drinks, and the price for the service. Lol. I've had one of the owners tell me to my face, "she works" lol..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I buy it for my wife on a black market, just as good for 1/2 the price. I was all done with it at age 28, and at 59 I have zero interest in it. I can still roll a really good, straight and round joint, but she prefers putting a tiny bit in a bowl because it's more powerful than the Alcapulco Gold and Panama Red that I used to get as a kid.

While I've been buying on the "black market" for 45 plus years, I recently ran out of my last batch from last year. My source couldn't compete with the legal/dispensary stuff and quit growing except for himself so had to find a new source. Was on a trip to norcal and finally went inside my first dispensary! When I got back to Oregon I added a few things at one of our local dispensaries....and we had a great discussion about Columbian Gold and Red....forgot about Panama Red! :) Today's bud is indeed much stronger. An ounce of bud, as I generally prefer to roll joints, for one particular flavor was on sale for $66 for an ounce! 21% THC. No wonder my buddy quit. I also got some oil cartridges for a rechargeable vape rig I picked up down in norcal. So different buying in a dispensary...

Lisa445

Lisa445

Audiophyte
Since it's legal, which dry herb vaporizer would you recommend? Is there anything worth on VapingDaily or are all the reviews just an ad?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When my dad had cancer, I gave him sugar-free edibles (sugar feeds cancer), CBD Oil, and Rick Simpson Oil. They were made by a friend that lives in Michigan who grows organic cannabis.

Cannabis has been proven to KILL cancer cells per a United States govt. Website.

It's time to end the prohibition on cannabis.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq

Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in the laboratory and the clinic for relief of pain, nausea and vomiting, anxiety, and loss of appetite (see Question 6 and Question 7).

Cannabis and cannabinoids may have benefits in treating the symptoms of cancer or the side effects of cancer therapies. There is growing interest in treating children for symptoms such as nausea with Cannabis and cannabinoids, although studies are limited (see Question 7).

Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory (see Question 6).
It has been known as an anti-emetic for a long time and even if that was its only benefit, it should be legal for patients who can't eat due to nausea.

All I have heard about the edibles (and witnessed last week) is that they come in varying doses and that it's very easy to consume more THC than necessary/can be handled, resulting in being far more stoned than the person or anyone else needs, especially if they're driving. While the person in question wasn't driving, he was pretty gooned.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's bullshit about the brain damage, at least not in comparison to alcohol...not by a long shot. You are probably working with some propaganda? I'm a lifetime user and know many others. It's hard to "abuse" cannabis as it is with other drugs. Usually you just get massive munchies as an ill effect. Have you any experience yourself?
Younger people who use large amounts of pot have been found to have cognitive disabilities and if you have ever spent a lot of time in shopping malls, you have seen the 'mall rats' who spend their days hanging out and getting high. Vacant eyes, can't comprehend much of anything and they often go on to mediocrity, at best. I worked in a mall for ten years and it was ridiculous.

Define 'lifetime user'.

I just Google searched 'effects of pot on young brains' and got 28.1 million hits-

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While I've been buying on the "black market" for 45 plus years, I recently ran out of my last batch from last year. My source couldn't compete with the legal/dispensary stuff and quit growing except for himself so had to find a new source. Was on a trip to norcal and finally went inside my first dispensary! When I got back to Oregon I added a few things at one of our local dispensaries....and we had a great discussion about Columbian Gold and Red....forgot about Panama Red! :) Today's bud is indeed much stronger. An ounce of bud, as I generally prefer to roll joints, for one particular flavor was on sale for $66 for an ounce! 21% THC. No wonder my buddy quit. I also got some oil cartridges for a rechargeable vape rig I picked up down in norcal. So different buying in a dispensary...
I've been growing my own for years now, but I do visit the dispensaries once in a while. It's so surreal walking into one of those places. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

Go Canada!

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Black market people that have to drop their price to move weed think twice about starting another crop. Growing is work and know how plus a huge electric bill. At some point a market saturated by home-grown DIY'er types puts really good growers out of business.
Kind of like the speaker industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis