As of today, Cannabis is legal in Canada

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
How do you set a fire from horseback?
This was an undercover agent infiltrating Quebec Separatists; he set fire to a barn to prevent a meeting the next week or something. It became a big deal because the people he was infiltrating had by the early 80's elected members to the Quebec Legislature, so it became political. The wiretapping aspect was largely ignored at the time, save for the quick passage of a Federal bill to legalize it.

The RCMP do a lot of undercover work. A rather mundane example, every College Campus in Canada always has at least two RCMP officers enrolled and posing as ordinary students. And then there is the CIA, who have sent spies to Canada instructed to apply for jobs in the bureaucracy to report on Government initiatives and of course on College Campuses.

But to answer your specific question, you use a driptorch. ;-)

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
the CIA, who have sent spies to Canada
I think GO-NAD might be one. Like a sleeper "Newfoundlander". Great cover, bro! Keep up the good work!

wiretapping aspect was largely ignored at the time, save for the quick passage of a Federal bill to legalize it.
That just feeds my anti trust issues. If 'we' do it and it's illegal, guess what, we make the laws so now it's legal. How does a person get behind something like that? I kid about being like that because it's ridiculous but these guys really do it! And that's the Canadians! You guys are suppose to be nice!

I'm Canadian too but just naturalized or whatever it's called up there. Thanks for informing me that even that status isn't necessarily permanent.

Same rules apply as before, keep your nose clean and keep your head down. I also appreciate knowing the shift in sentencing guidelines for pot. When I go up there I just go for the over the counter narcotics for pain if need be ... well, up until now. Black hash might be on my shopping list. It would be pretty amazing if the duty free stores started up with weed.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
We're not nice so much as quiet and polite.

In America Hollywood hires active duty personnel and corresponds with the relevant branch of the military, and then they make a movie and show it all over the world.

In Canada we don't even acknowledge where our Special Forces are deployed, but they are deployed somewhere out-of-country, pretty much all the time (known as JTF2 ... a new unit after the old SF unit got into some trouble that made the papers. Making the papers is a no-no. So they just disbanded the unit and created another one just like it). JTF2 = Joint Task Force (formed from Army, Navy, Air Force personnel, volunteers) and 2 as in we disbanded No 1 which was the 1st Canadian Airborne Regiment.

I met a few members of 1CAR, they and JTF2 are based about 350 miles from me, a buddy knew some members so we had some drinks and shot some pool. You wouldn't want to Fxxk with them, is all I will say.

Did you know that all US and Canadian Special Forces (besides USMarinesC) are desendent from a WWII joint Canada/US unit known as the First Special Service Force?

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You wouldn't want to Fxxk with them, is all I will say.
That lesson applies to humans in general. Actually about 30 years ago my way older brother said something very similar to me regarding an older man that was citing the pro's of serving a year in a communist army; our enemy's army. The man said it would 'smarten up' (loose translation) the youths of the day. My brother, a US Marine, pointed out that I didn't know who he was and that f^%&ing with him was to stop. My brother could see that I was angling the discussion to a place where I could ask the commy why he was so stupid. So I stopped. But we're still waiting for him to try using a cross walk in front of us so we can run him over.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I still refer to Russians as "Commies", more often during some sports broadcast. Millenials find it amusing.

There is an effectiveness difference between a conscript (eg Russian army) and a volunteer (US/Canada), but no significant difference when they choose to try and manage to be admitted to an Elite unit.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
your body does not fully develop the ability to generate the natural calming agent that is part of our natural chemical balance. 26 is the age at which this ability is fully developed.
Please tell me more about this. I want to use this information to torture my nephew for the next 3 years. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Please tell me more about this. I want to use this information to torture my nephew for the next 3 years. :D
I just sent an email to my friend that explained this to me, asking for a reference. It may be a few days, but I will followup when I hear back.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I just sent an email to my friend that explained this to me, asking for a reference. It may be a few days, but I will followup when I hear back.
Like I said, I got three years. :D

If 26 is the cut off, me selling off a rice rocket at that age might be proof positive that my calming agent activated on schedule.

Thanks for doing that. It's an interesting topic.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If 26 is the cut off, me selling off a rice rocket at that age might be proof positive that my calming agent activated on schedule.
Actually, I think the case could be made for the opposite case.
If your ability to naturally produce calming agents was compromised, the excitement/thrill/risk of riding a rice burner without the ability to quickly/casually go back to normal after you were done (or in a "safe" riding situation) might wear you out such that selling the bike became a positive event for you. (not that I think that is the case).
Also, as I understand it, it is not the case that the calming agent activates at 26. More likely you have the ability to generate the calming agent at a much earlier age, but in the formative years, your body is much more susceptible to varied outcomes in response to the environment it is developing in. 26 is the age at which this particular aspect becomes comparatively stable or "locked-in".
But I need to quit doing the anal extraction thing and wait for a more reliable source!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, this is a little disappointing! I always assume all information comes from the internet, but she actually read a non-fiction book! How last century!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-teenage-brain/id757476265?mt=11

The good news is it is a New York Times Bestseller so there is a good chance the local library has it; and, if not, inter-library loan is sure to.

Or you can just look at it as:
Teenage Brain, $12... tormenting nephew, priceless!

D

Daisy Moore

Audiophyte
I don't think that the same day is in for a long wait for the USA either. I would guess within 10 years.
Hey Shaddy,
In the United States, the use of Cannabis is illegal under federal law for any purpose, Although the cannabis remains federally illegal, some of the compounds have been approved by Food and Drug Administration for prescription use. Cannabis legalization is not exclusive in North America. So far,21 countries or territories have legalized cannabis fully or partially for medical and/or Adult use. Some of the popular countries in which cannabis is legal are Argentina, Australia, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, Poland, Turkey, Uruguay.

Last edited:
D

Daisy Moore

Audiophyte
Yes, of course, Cannabis is legal in Canada. The legal age is 18, whereas 19 in some other countries. While using cannabis you must be very very careful. You may use it in Canada but by travelling with marijuana it may leads to criminal act.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
How do they regulate it for safety, potency, etc?
Legal in Massachusetts now, a shop 2.5 miles from my home was one of the first two in the Commonwealth to be authorized to sell recreational marijuana. It took many months for the state's Cannabis Control Commission to develop regulations, the final step being certification of two labs tasked with testing the "product" for safe use.

I haven't touched it since I quit at age 28 (now 59), though my wife of the same age still enjoys it. I buy it for her, as it has helped with some of her medical problems that led to her recently being accepted for for disability. I don't buy from that store though, the lines can be hours long and prices are twice what I pay from a reliable local source for high potency locally-grown stuff. Other friends and family who have tried it say it's as good or better than the store-bought.

I don't have any objection to it being legal, though do worry about those who are stupid enough to smoke & drive endangering other innocent folks. There's no reliable test for "under the influence" yet, though law enforcement does charge people with it and their evidence collected plus testimony and on-scene video can be convincing to a jury.

This industry is in its infancy nationwide, there will be many changes going forward.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Legal in Massachusetts now, a shop 2.5 miles from my home was one of the first two in the Commonwealth to be authorized to sell recreational marijuana. It took many months for the state's Cannabis Control Commission to develop regulations, the final step being certification of two labs tasked with testing the "product" for safe use.

I haven't touched it since I quit at age 28 (now 59),though my wife of the same age still enjoys it. I buy it for her, as it has helped with some of her medical problems that led to her recently being accepted for for disability. I don't buy from that store though, the lines can be hours long and prices are twice what I pay from a reliable local source for high potency locally-grown stuff. Other friends and family who have tried it say it's as good or better than the store-bought.

I don't have any objection to it being legal, though do worry about those who are stupid enough to smoke & drive endangering other innocent folks. There's no reliable test for "under the influence" yet, though law enforcement does charge people with it and their evidence collected plus testimony and on-scene video can be convincing to a jury.

This industry is in its infancy nationwide, there will be many changes going forward.
Give it a few years and it will stabilize as competition increases and the mystique wears off. Some of the legal weed is over 30% THC btw. It’s been legal for 21 and older in WA State for several years now. Main thing is don’t drive or operate a boat. :)

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Give it a few years and it will stabilize as competition increases and the mystique wears off. Some of the legal weed is over 30% THC btw. It’s been legal for 21 and older in WA for several years now. Main thing is don’t drive or operate a boat. :)
Business at the nearby shop has already dropped off, because there's about 5 more shops in the state which have opened over the past 2 months. I'm grateful for that because they're located just off my main route to the closest city (where my younger son and his wife have a home) and the initial crowds caused a traffic jam on the two-lane road.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Wife dealing with chemo, she won’t smoke, looking for something to address nausea, lack of appetite.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Wife dealing with chemo, she won’t smoke, looking for something to address nausea, lack of appetite.
For nausea, ginger is a good natural ingredient. IMO, her lack of appetite also probably results from the nausea.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis