as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I wasn't Assuming anything I was Relating to all the Chaos that's going on in and around this Country. No wasn't Making assumptions no Your part. Every human at one time or another will face Trials. I have this saying what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
Have a good evening we all have one more Sun set to watch. Life is good!
I just read your initial response again...GMoney.....you’re Black. Come on home brotha!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You mean like this?
View attachment 36871
Same church. Same book. Clinton walked over there to try to distract everybody that he was shtupping the intern with a cigar. Trump went to the church to celebrate people coming together to repair it after it had been torched the night before.
Really same church? The two books sure look different. Who told you the above, FOX news?:eek:

Oh, and I guess the crowd just parted for Trump to let him pass, right?

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I just read your initial response again...GMoney.....you’re Black. Come on home brotha!
lolo.. Have good one Roger. I just happen to live in the Deep South. But I'm white my whole family is White. I'm from New Orleans. My Father's family is from Lockport Louisiana. HWY 1 That's Lafourche Parish.
But don't know if you have ever heard of the saying. People from the Deep South White people, are called by Racist people from other parts of the country We get called the other DarkMeat. Yep I have experience racism just on this forum because I use Cajun slang. So there you go. Thing is With all the money to be made in the oilfield down here I ve worked with people fron all over the World. And the ones I have Experienced the most racism from are of my own people that I live around meaning the city I live in and around it. I moved to Texas for awhile back in 97 I experienced Racism at it's Worse. There was or it still may be there a KKK head Quarters off of HWY 225 in Harris county, Down south I have a Cajun accent most that hear us talk get a big kick out of it. Only the Racist people believe they are Superior. Believe it or not Roger. Mostly people who have College educations are some of the most Racist I have ever met not all but most. And I have two years of higher Education. So yeah getting Stereotyped isn't new to me happens all the time Especially on the Internet. Not many would get away in person with the things that are said on the internet in person. I have seen in the Gulf on a Production platform guys that where Racist didn't last long out there. Accidents have been known to happen. Getting called other dark meat because of my Cajun heritage and me being White on top of that, yeah All lives Matter. I'll step up to the plate And defend the Defenseless anytime anywhere anyplace. I've been called the N word many times because I have African-American friends or Asian friends or Mexican friends. When you work as close as I have in the Gulf of Mexico and your Living quarters house 10 to 20 men in a area the size of 12X 40 you'll find out Quick in a hurry that racism may get you killed, get someone killed out in the Gulf of Mexico or the Petroleum industry. Racism has no home in the petroleum industry or anywhere for that matter. Oilfield workers are family why? because your life just may Depend on your fellow co-workers. Coming up poor white in the deep South, yeah I have experience racism at the full extent of it.

Update: As for me coming over to your side? I'm good. I like being me, I'm very comfortable being a Caucasian Heterosexual man. The rest can do what they do best.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
This is NOT a response to you Gmoney.

A few weeks ago I said that we were in for a long summer. I am cynical enough to believe in civil unrest as a political strategy.

This is absolutely sick. They have every right to air this.

In 2016 I told those close to me that the presidential election was really a referendum on the soul of America.

A47F472F-7A0C-4ACF-9A73-032E3F25AC89.jpeg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This is NOT a response to you Gmoney.

A few weeks ago I said that we were in for a long summer. I am cynical enough to believe in civil unrest as a political strategy.

This is absolutely sick. They have every right to air this.

In 2016 I told those close to me that the presidential election was really a referendum on the soul of America.

View attachment 36905
The G-Money Avatar name Stands for: Gulf-Money. I worked 15 years in the Petroleum industry mostly Gulf of Mexico. So Gulf-Money. Some who hangout with Gangs, or Sling dope on the street corner. Would use that as a sign of "Gangster" money. Those who do, do what they do. I myself will never understand those going after easy money. If they really knew that for every Kilo cocaine or meth or crystal meth 6 people get Murdered or lose their life for each kilo. That's a lot of people Dying. Bet if the ones in their families where Amongst those every day statistics they more than Likely find another line of work to make a Honest living and be productive citizens.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

I hope you are including Trump among his superiors!
Democrats don't see Trump as their POTUS, so I doubt Barrett would see him as a superior. First, there's no way Democrat-controlled cities would reverse any of these measures and second, these problems have existed since the early part of the 20th century.

Good to see that MPLS is going to stop the Carotid choke hold- it was found to be lethal in large numbers close to 30 years ago- not a moment too soon, eh? Must have had other things to do.

It's obvious that the methods haven't stopped- I have seen knees in backs and on necks several times during video news coverage of the protests and rioting (which is minor, compared to LA in '92, Detroit, Chicago and during the late-'60s.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not saying we shouldn't bother removing the bad apples - they absolutely should be weeded out. That only solves part of the problem, as even good cops get caught up in situations where it's impossible to come out looking good. The more we can minimize the number of antagonistic and confrontational interactions between the police and the public, the better it is for all involved.

You are correct when you say there are variations amongst countries leading to differing incarceration rates. However, that doesn't explain the extreme outlying position the US finds itself in - the highest rate on the planet. And, when compared to other developed countries - not just Canada - by a long shot. That has more to do with policy than criminal activity.

You mentioned poverty - that's one of the social conditions I'm talking about.

Rehabilitation, street cred, prison rape...there's nothing unique about the US in that regard. It's simply the sheer numbers involved.

Several years ago, our then-Conservative government started yammering on about getting tough on crime. Even the Texas (Texas!?) government advised them not to go down that road.
How many other countries have the same street gangs as the US? How many city "leaders" guaranteed high levels of long-term poverty, as Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, LA, St Louis and others have done? Look into the urban planning practices and you'll see how this has happened.

The prison population stats don't show the crimes that put people in prisons and that really needs to be considered.

The link shows countries' prison population as inmates/100K people- if more inmates makes a place safer, why isn't the crime rate in the US dropping?

You posted "The more we can minimize the number of antagonistic and confrontational interactions between the police and the public, the better it is for all involved."- the police don't respond unless someone calls or they observe a crime, so where are the confrontational interactions happening? At the crime scene, mostly. Who's responsible for these if a crime was required for any interaction to occur? The Police don't just go in and start rounding up people, so they can beat or kill them. At some point, the fingers need to be pointed at those who are committing the crimes and trying to get them to stop.

highfigh

highfigh

Nice try.

Clinton was actually leaving a service at Foundry Methodist, with his own (clearly well-thumbed) bible. For all his faults - no question that he had many - he attended church regularly and could quote scripture at will. He was certainly hypocritical and deserves the criticism he's received, but the bible was not just a prop for him.

Trump didn't even inform the leaders of St. John's that he was going there, nor did he speak to any of them after. It was just a photo op for his base, not a celebration of anything. He couldn't quote from the bible to save his life.

You are comparing apples with...not oranges....turnips, perhaps.
Remember- the Southern plantation owners were likely bible thumping Baptists. That goes with the saying "Going to church doesn't make someone a good Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes them a car".

highfigh

highfigh

I agree that Clinton was not using the bible/photo op as a distraction from the Lewinsky scandal. He instead ordered surprise missile strikes in Afghanistan and Sudan to do the same...
If the American public was so simple-minded that a photo op could persuade a large number to forget about someone's transgressions, all an opposing country would need to do in order to win a war is throw ball bearings on the ground during daytime in large cities- that would keep the people busy until sunset (maybe longer). To the country's credit, some of us would realize it's a trick and look away.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
So what's up with this democrat cry to defund or disband the police? In some of the most crime ridden areas of the country today? Can anybody explain how that would help fix your "systemic racism"? When virtually EVERYONE agrees the Floyd videos look like brutality and the cops should feel the full weight of the law, I still don't know WHAT you're "protesting", who you are trying to send a message to, and exactly what you want. Generic terms like, "broken system" and "systemic racism" are meaningless. Exactly what do you want?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So what's up with this democrat cry to defund or disband the police?
I think that is just a shock piece to be sure to get the attention of police chiefs across the country who might be thinking "this will blow over just like the many times past".
It does not reflect the majority by any means, but outlets like Fox will portray it as a mainstream movement to establish/maintain the right's fear/outrage over the left.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How many other countries have the same street gangs as the US? How many city "leaders" guaranteed high levels of long-term poverty, as Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, LA, St Louis and others have done? Look into the urban planning practices and you'll see how this has happened.

The prison population stats don't show the crimes that put people in prisons and that really needs to be considered.

The link shows countries' prison population as inmates/100K people- if more inmates makes a place safer, why isn't the crime rate in the US dropping?

You posted "The more we can minimize the number of antagonistic and confrontational interactions between the police and the public, the better it is for all involved."- the police don't respond unless someone calls or they observe a crime, so where are the confrontational interactions happening? At the crime scene, mostly. Who's responsible for these if a crime was required for any interaction to occur? The Police don't just go in and start rounding up people, so they can beat or kill them. At some point, the fingers need to be pointed at those who are committing the crimes and trying to get them to stop.
Oh come now, you know better than that. It happens when POC get pulled over on the road far more frequently than white people - often for BS that a white person wouldn't be pulled over for. It's called DWB - driving while black. It happens when a white person tries to weaponize police by calling 911 to report a fake assault by a black man because he called them out for not having their dog on a leash. It happens when police called about a "suspicious" black person walking down the street. There doesn't have to be any crime committed for police/civilian interactions to go bad!

If you don't know this, you haven't been paying attention. And, again, this isn't just in the US, it happens in Canada, too.

Oh, and you know the answer to " if more inmates makes a place safer, why isn't the crime rate in the US dropping?" Putting more people in prison just creates more criminals.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I think that is just a shock piece to be sure to get the attention of police chiefs across the country who might be thinking "this will blow over just like the many times past".
It does not reflect the majority by any means, but outlets like Fox will portray it as a mainstream movement to establish/maintain the right's fear/outrage over the left.
And, the definition of "defund the police" varies. Some on the far left mean it literally and absolutely. I think for most, it means transferring some funds and responsibilities not suited for the police to agencies better trained and equipped to deal with them.

highfigh

highfigh

Oh come now, you know better than that. It happens when POC get pulled over on the road far more frequently than white people - often for BS that a white person wouldn't be pulled over for. It's called DWB - driving while black. It happens when a white person tries to weaponize police by calling 911 to report a fake assault by a black man because he called them out for not having their dog on a leash. It happens when police called about a "suspicious" black person walking down the street. There doesn't have to be any crime committed for police/civilian interactions to go bad!

If you don't know this, you haven't been paying attention. And, again, this isn't just in the US, it happens in Canada, too.

Oh, and you know the answer to " if more inmates makes a place safer, why isn't the crime rate in the US dropping?" Putting more people in prison just creates more criminals.
I'm not saying that police don't pull over, stop and detain POC more often, but how would you explain Black cops doing it, too?

Talk to a cop and ask if their cars have a camera and system for automatically identifying cars that were reported stolen, have expired plates (everyone is pulled over for that if the expiration date is over a couple of months after), the registrant has wants/warrants, etc. Don't just believe the media- find out for yourself. If someone drives the way they do here, they should be pulled over and it's definitely NOT only Blacks who drive like idiots. It's wrong to target.

I mean criminal activity WHILE the criminals are in prison. Look, if someone doesn't want to stop being a criminal, it's easy enough to see because they won't stop. However, people can and do stop because they made the decision to never go back to prison and to have a better life. If their life outside is worse than being in prison, they need to find a way to improve their life- it's hard as hell for many, but it can happen and it usually requires them to stop associating with some people and it always involves making better decisions.

highfigh

highfigh

And, the definition of "defund the police" varies. Some on the far left mean it literally and absolutely. I think for most, it means transferring some funds and responsibilities not suited for the police to agencies better trained and equipped to deal with them.
When I mentioned decreasing funds, I meant it as a punishment for abusing and killing people. I strongly disagree with the plan put forth in MPLS- that can't work unless people stop committing crimes, especially violent crimes.

How would you stop this?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not saying that police don't pull over, stop and detain POC more often, but how would you explain Black cops doing it, too?

Talk to a cop and ask if their cars have a camera and system for automatically identifying cars that were reported stolen, have expired plates (everyone is pulled over for that if the expiration date is over a couple of months after), the registrant has wants/warrants, etc. Don't just believe the media- find out for yourself. If someone drives the way they do here, they should be pulled over and it's definitely NOT only Blacks who drive like idiots. It's wrong to target.

I mean criminal activity WHILE the criminals are in prison. Look, if someone doesn't want to stop being a criminal, it's easy enough to see because they won't stop. However, people can and do stop because they made the decision to never go back to prison and to have a better life. If their life outside is worse than being in prison, they need to find a way to improve their life- it's hard as hell for many, but it can happen and it usually requires them to stop associating with some people and it always involves making better decisions.
Clearly all the current protests are by coloured people who are misguided as well as mislead by the radical left because they have nothing to complain about, it's just a "couple of bad apples" in the police force and not something systemic :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

It's not the media pulling people over, they just report on it. And, it's not necessarily people driving like idiots. Cops generally have some discretion about what they will enforce and who they will pull over. It's where and how they apply that discretion is where bias shows up. Doing just a little bit over the speed limit, for example. Same goes with the courts. If the US is anything like Canada, black people and aboriginals receive harsher sentences than white people for similar offences. That's not the media, that's statistics.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When I mentioned decreasing funds, I meant it as a punishment for abusing and killing people. I strongly disagree with the plan put forth in MPLS- that can't work unless people stop committing crimes, especially violent crimes.

How would you stop this?
That looks like a situation crying out for intervention before it becomes a homicide. Before the police are involved.

highfigh

highfigh

That looks like a situation crying out for intervention before it becomes a homicide. Before the police are involved.
These incidents happen so fast it's not always possible to stop them before someone arrives after being called and they're the most dangerous for the police, too. There's also a fine line between someone threatening violence and the intended victim defending the offender when the police are taking the offender into custody and often, the intended victim won't press charges. Too often, the offender is eventually successful because they weren't carted off and even a TRO doesn't stop them. There's a lot of "If I can't have you, nobody can".

highfigh

highfigh

It's not the media pulling people over, they just report on it. And, it's not necessarily people driving like idiots. Cops generally have some discretion about what they will enforce and who they will pull over. It's where and how they apply that discretion is where bias shows up. Doing just a little bit over the speed limit, for example. Same goes with the courts. If the US is anything like Canada, black people and aboriginals receive harsher sentences than white people for similar offences. That's not the media, that's statistics.
The media rarely just report, these days.

The sentencing depends on the judges and prosecutors if they receive harsher sentences- MKE has judges that impose almost no bail on violent criminals, so they post their 10% and skip town, hide out and far too often, commit violent crimes while awaiting trial. Here (Milwaukee), far too many violent criminals receive a light sentence and kill someone immediately after getting out of prison.

And yet, White people can go into the inner city and, generally, not be victimized. I have actually had situations where I was stranded in an area that isn't considered safe, only to be helped by a random person who asked "You know where you are, right?". This was 11PM on a Saturday night after a snowstorm, as I was walking to a gas station. Milwaukee has a lot of good people- it's terrible that the bad ones spoil it for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis