as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think there are many people who know what is needed. The problem is the "bosses" have to acknowledge that the problem has to be addressed at their level before systemic changes can happen!
It is soooo much easier to blame that "one rouge cop".

I think it will take a complete review and rewriting of policy to properly address the issue, but one thing that I noticed was Chauvin is not wearing a body cam. I think most would agree this is likely not coincidence. So a policy to monitor which officers consistently avoid their cams would be a reasonable thing. But that is one small piece of a big puzzle!
Good news! The Mayor of Milwaukee has decided that a commission is needed, to study the problem. woo hoo.

Chauvin was the training officer for one of the others- their superiors need to held accountable, too.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
But if the insurance company calls it 'civil unrest' or something similar, they often won't pay for the damage. It's shown in the exclusions page(s), if it's mentioned and knowing the insurance industry, we all know they want to find every possible way to keep the money in their own grubby hands.
The Money is what all this is really about. Why are the African Americans protested in the first place? Because of Law enforcement out of control? Equality? Equal opportunity oppression? It's about the Money, That bring with it power with the means.
Wealthy individuals control and oppress. Never kid yourself that Money and power isn't behind all of the mess that's going on. Sure there are many Rich and wealthy African-Americans. The Virus Death rate According to the media is amongst the highest African-Americans. Where I live one can not go into a store without seeing half without a mask on.

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Todate, my take on the Current administration isn't that good. Outside of Firing people left and right.
With a Country as powerful as Ours is. Which other Country is going to Really Challenge the United States. Sure IRAN, North Korea, China, Russia and a few of those in the Middle East. The Game of Thrones:) Lil pun there, Is a long road to Empire
Bloody Stupid waste. That Wall :) more pun, isn't going to stop anything at our Southern border. Them Drug cartels and illegal immigrants will just dig a Deeper Tunnel or fly over like they been doing for Decades. What has the Current administration really accomplished?
And many of the things you mentioned are part of my issues with him. However my view is that he's done a good job with the economy, until the virus showed up and tanked everything. He's done a good job of
appointing judges who actually care bout the constitution. He's actually held china's feet to the fire in many instances. He's kept us out of new wars and has made an attempt to get us out of certain entanglements.
He's done some good things, he's done some bad things, but that can be said for many of the past presidents.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And many of the things you mentioned are part of my issues with him. However my view is that he's done a good job with the economy, until the virus showed up and tanked everything. He's done a good job of
appointing judges who actually care bout the constitution. He's actually held china's feet to the fire in many instances. He's kept us out of new wars and has made an attempt to get us out of certain entanglements.
He's done some good things, he's done some bad things, but that can be said for many of the past presidents.
While I'll agree with some of your points he is without question one of the least 'Presidential' Presidents I can ever remember. His ego, mouth and utter lack of common sense is what will keep him from 'Waltzing in' to another term (thank God) .........

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Clear a path for drumphy again! He's got a bible to show us!
You mean like this?
1591454670200.png

Same church. Same book. Clinton walked over there to try to distract everybody that he was shtupping the intern with a cigar. Trump went to the church to celebrate people coming together to repair it after it had been torched the night before.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Removing the bad apples will help the Police and inner city get along better- we have seen many instances where Police & protesters have talked, hugged and knelt peacefully. After murders in MKE, officers are right there with the families and friends, grieving.

In Los Angeles, New York City and Chicago, the population is about 1/3 of Canada's entire country. Those three cities have more poor than all of Canada and in higher density. You can't compare the people in each country because they're just too different in their actions, way of thinking and extent of what they have dealt with in their lives. Lack of rehabilitation in prisons is a two way street- if someone doesn't want to do it, they won't. Another problem is that criminals who gain a reputation in prison have more 'street cred' than those who simply put in their time and get out. If you haven't talked to someone who was in prison, do so- it will be very enlightening. You can read about it all you want, but seeing them as they describe being raped and passed around as someone's 'punk' is something that just doesn't jump off of the pages.
I'm not saying we shouldn't bother removing the bad apples - they absolutely should be weeded out. That only solves part of the problem, as even good cops get caught up in situations where it's impossible to come out looking good. The more we can minimize the number of antagonistic and confrontational interactions between the police and the public, the better it is for all involved.

You are correct when you say there are variations amongst countries leading to differing incarceration rates. However, that doesn't explain the extreme outlying position the US finds itself in - the highest rate on the planet. And, when compared to other developed countries - not just Canada - by a long shot. That has more to do with policy than criminal activity.

You mentioned poverty - that's one of the social conditions I'm talking about.

Rehabilitation, street cred, prison rape...there's nothing unique about the US in that regard. It's simply the sheer numbers involved.

Several years ago, our then-Conservative government started yammering on about getting tough on crime. Even the Texas (Texas!?) government advised them not to go down that road.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
You mean like this?
View attachment 36871
Same church. Same book. Clinton walked over there to try to distract everybody that he was shtupping the intern with a cigar. Trump went to the church to celebrate people coming together to repair it after it had been torched the night before.
Bible wars!
AMERICA_PROTESTS_CONGRESS_PELOSI_59088509.jpg
Andrew_Cuomo_with_bible_2.jpg

Both from a couple days ago...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Good news! The Mayor of Milwaukee has decided that a commission is needed, to study the problem. woo hoo.

Chauvin was the training officer for one of the others- their superiors need to held accountable, too.
I hope you are including Trump among his superiors!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
While I'll agree with some of your points he is without question one of the least 'Presidential' Presidents I can ever remember. His ego, mouth and utter lack of common sense is what will keep him from 'Waltzing in' to another term (thank God) .........
Good point, name one who you believe haven't put his foot in his month. There are many highly educated people with zero commonsense. Lets take that BP oilfield Drilling Production platform that blew up and cost billions. Poisoned the Gulf of Mexico. Cost 11 lives lost. Not to mention the the Coastal waterways and environment that's being Poisoned to this day. Who was Sitting president at the time? Oh yeah Obama, black mark there for sure on that Presidency. Smooth talking fast Eddie in my book. Lets take Nixon, Ronald Reagan with his contra war on the side off the record and his wife just say no to drugs Campaign . Don't kid yourself into believing the powers be don't know what is really going on in and around the World. Not being Politically correct is no Excuse whatsoever not having common sense or having common sense.
Even the Brightest minds lack Common sense at times.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You mean like this?
View attachment 36871
Nice try.

Clinton was actually leaving a service at Foundry Methodist, with his own (clearly well-thumbed) bible. For all his faults - no question that he had many - he attended church regularly and could quote scripture at will. He was certainly hypocritical and deserves the criticism he's received, but the bible was not just a prop for him.

Trump didn't even inform the leaders of St. John's that he was going there, nor did he speak to any of them after. It was just a photo op for his base, not a celebration of anything. He couldn't quote from the bible to save his life.

You are comparing apples with...not oranges....turnips, perhaps.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Nice try.

Clinton was actually leaving a service at Foundry Methodist, with his own (clearly well-thumbed) bible. For all his faults - no question that he had many - he attended church regularly and could quote scripture at will. He was certainly hypocritical and deserves the criticism he's received, but the bible was not just a prop for him.

Trump didn't even inform the leaders of St. John's that he was going there, nor did he speak to any of them after. It was just a photo op for his base, not a celebration of anything. He couldn't quote from the bible to save his life.

You are comparing apples with...not oranges....turnips, perhaps.
I agree that Clinton was not using the bible/photo op as a distraction from the Lewinsky scandal. He instead ordered surprise missile strikes in Afghanistan and Sudan to do the same...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I agree that Clinton was not using the bible/photo op as a distraction from the Lewinsky scandal. He instead ordered surprise missile strikes in Afghanistan and Sudan to do the same...
Hence the mention of faults and hypocrisy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Good point, name one who you believe haven't put his foot in his month.
no argument but for Trump it resides there all too often, classic case of 'hoof and mouth' disease ......

There are many highly educated people with zero commonsense.
dealing with lawyers on a regular basis I couldn't agree more .....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
no argument but for Trump it resides there all too often, classic case of 'hoof and mouth' disease ......

dealing with lawyers on a regular basis I couldn't agree more .....
Hoof and mouth disease wow! Totally disagree some are better at hiding it before they clean out Tax dollars before and after. Clinton," I did not have sexual relationships with that woman" So try again. Bush, "Weapons of mass destruction" Obama, even his own Wife Snuck off on him to go shopping, Even wore a disguise. Smooth talking fast Eddie lawyer that he is. Sure Who Do You see in 2020? Sleepy Joe Biden?
Another bill Clinton in my book.

Last edited:
Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The Money is what all this is really about. Why are the African Americans protested in the first place? Because of Law enforcement out of control? Equality? Equal opportunity oppression? It's about the Money, That bring with it power with the means.
Wealthy individuals control and oppress. Never kid yourself that Money and power isn't behind all of the mess that's going on. Sure there are many Rich and wealthy African-Americans. The Virus Death rate According to the media is amongst the highest African-Americans. Where I live one can not go into a store without seeing half without a mask on.
No.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I live it to everday! You don't have to be African-American or any other nationality or creed to suffer injustice, racism and oppression. Asians, Latinos, Poor white people We All get Discriminated, Oppressed Injustice by law-enforcement. I have been lockup for a Crime I didn't commit. I have been Discriminated against by African-Americans, I have been Oppressed ostracized belittled stepped over for promotions. All by the ones in Power! I had a African-American science teacher seventh grade
told me I should drop out of school cause I was Struggling in science class. Yeah that's right a Black Man told me to drop out of school when I turned 16!
I over came all that Finished my education became successful in two careers. I took jobs in between jobs that paid hardly next to nothing. I didn't go out Slinging dope on the streets to make easy money. I washed Dishes. I took jobs Digging trenches to lay down electrical cables. Cut box after box of chickens for a fast food place. Was lucky to bring home 90 bucks clear a week. So I really don't want to here oh, The Man is Keeping my down! BS! I say to whats going on now and back than I came up in the 60's and 70's, You gotta Want to work. The ones who don't are the ones who Believe Its owed to Them!! Welfare and food stamps is out-of-control you should see obese people down here in the south. They come into a store with EBT cards walk outside jump in a new Car or truck i've seen it with my own eyes. I am Handicap put 44 years into the system. This past month I was walking to my car just Finish shopping this dude stop just as I was putting my key in the door of my 13 year old car. Dude tells me "theres nothing wrong with you I just seen you walk to your car. Now I am parked in a Handicap spot, told to dude you seen my Handicap license plate? Dude goes yeah I seen it, but your still a low life peace of Sh..t. So yeah cry me a river, is what I told that Old White dude.. and I' m White! lolo Yeah racism and oppression being ostracized and belittled been there got the T-shirt.

My Stepdaughter was raped by 7 African-Americans. Her boyfriend at the time was African-American they had just had Intercourse the low life of a Human being took her clothes and let 6 of his African-American friends take a turn with her . I reported it, two Sheriff deputies took the report Nothing was done about it. So yeah Injustice? I could Write a book about The Man is the Problem. Get pasted it Over come your Trials and tribulations. Be Thankful Count your blessings! No one ever said the World owes anyone a Rose garden .
1. My comment was to kystorm as his comment was directly to me.
2. You make a lot of Assumptions about me based on A 9 word post.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
1. My comment was to kystorm.
2. You make a lot of Assumptions about me based on A 9 word post.
I wasn't Assuming anything I was Relating to all the Chaos that's going on in and around this Country. No wasn't Making assumptions no Your part. Every human at one time or another will face Trials. I have this saying what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
Have a good evening we all have one more Sun set to watch. Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis