Are These Finds Good Deals?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@William Lemmerhirt mentioned wanting Legacies so I had a quick look for fun. Their new stuff is beautiful and very expensive, but what about the used market? Found a pair of Legacy Focus on Ebay (California) for $3,250. The cabinets look rather vintage with oak veneer and trim, but the driver arrangement looks similar to what you would find on a modern Legacy. One rear firing driver needs to have the surround replaced which could add another $300-$400 if professionally done.
Hey @Eppie! Those look great. I would like to take em for a spin!

Back in about 1999 I got a catalog in the mail from Legacy audio, and Bill Duddsleston. As soon as I saw the “whispers” I knew I had to have them.

I’m still holding out, but I know I won’t ever get them. Still some of the most beautiful speakers I’ve ever seen.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Back in about 1999 I got a catalog in the mail from Legacy audio, and Bill Duddsleston. As soon as I saw the “whispers” I knew I had to have them.

I’m still holding out, but I know I won’t ever get them. Still some of the most beautiful speakers I’ve ever seen.
The only thing, Bill, you are dreaming of is whispering sweet nothings in that models ear. :p

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
You guys kill me! That photo looks like Bill did the photoshop himself.
:D

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic

what would that cost…. The speaker I mean

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting JBL designs. Ever hear these Mark? Just curious not buying anything. Happy with what I have.
_20211029_180504.JPG
_20211029_180434.JPG

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting JBL designs. Ever hear these Mark? Just curious not buying anything. Happy with what I have.
The little bookshelf is entry level and average sound ... the LX bookshelf is better and better than some mass market speakers ... but the JBL Studio 530 are clearly still the better speaker ... when looking at JBL look for the older JBL L1 speakers

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The little bookshelf is entry level and average sound ... the LX bookshelf is better and better than some mass market speakers ... but the JBL Studio 530 are clearly still the better speaker ... when looking at JBL look for the older JBL L1 speakers
And if you are looking for the best vintage JBL speaker, it's the big Olympus S8R:
To some serious audiophiles and musicians, this was performing better than Altec Lansing's A7 Voice of the Theater component systems.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
And if you are looking for the best vintage JBL speaker, it's the big Olympus S8R:
To some serious audiophiles and musicians, this was performing better than Altec Lansing's A7 Voice of the Theater component systems.
They were ugly then and still are now. :) I'll take the L300 Summit with glass tops over those any day. This guy has the lenses missing from the mids though, but I see that they can be purchased elsewhere.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I saw a Hsu 10 or 12 inch sub, but they wanted $199.99. It's was badly scraped on the finish. It also came with a large Hsu Center speaker, which was in good shape sold as a combo. Left my phone is the car, so no pics.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I watched an old film on the making of these amazing build on these cabinets are built like fine furniture .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The L-5 to L-7 are still fantastic sounding speakers find them at times on eBay .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah, they had amazing furnitures on their flagship models. I saw them in the 1960's.
I was fortunate to see one pair and they were beautifully constructed just gorgeous workmen ship . I’ve read they had there own furniture or cabinet shop in them days . Never got to hear the ones I seen but would love to give them a listen .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis