Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That Samsung looks like a rare beast. 3.1 amp with ipod connector, HDMI and tube pre-amp? Hard to make out the model. Looks like HT465CQW but I can't find info on it. The proprietary speaker jacks make it look like part of a HTIB setup.
I think it's the same one my sister has. When I went to visit her of course I played with her system and optimized placement for her. It's a tube preamp and solid state amp receiver. The little sub that comes with it sucks, but as a whole the system sounded better than I expected.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was hoping it was 4K player. Sure does look cool with tubes. I've passed by a couple of times and it's still there when I was there last week.
It's really nothing special, but I s'pose kind of unique. I might be tempted to pick it up for cheap just to have and play with it but wouldn't spend very much.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think it's the same one my sister has. When I went to visit her of course I played with her system and optimized placement for her. It's a tube preamp and solid state amp receiver. The little sub that comes with it sucks, but as a whole the system sounded better than I expected.
Maybe, but those systems are basically throw away if any part of them breaks. You can't use the speakers with anything else because they have a 3ohm rating. I wouldn't plug any other speakers into it because of that either.

Samsung doesn't really make all that good of products IMHO.

EDIT: well, this one has HDMI out so it could at least function as a player, but I'm not sure how well it'd work at a decade old.

Give em $5 and see what they say

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Omg. This poor soul has wasted so much money, and is hoping to get $20k for his system which is comprised of an awful lot of synergistic research garbage. My god man.

Interesting speakers, tho I've never heard of them before. Nola KO? Anyhoo...

00n0n_dAUIXy49cxzz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Omg. This poor soul has wasted so much money, and is hoping to get $20k for his system which is comprised of an awful lot of synergistic research garbage. My god man.

View attachment 50282

Holy crap that reads like a snake oil salesman's wet dream. Active isolation pads?

I'd go on and on about the general populations lack of education in science, but I think it's obvious that there isn't any education in science among the general population.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy crap that reads like a snake oil salesman's wet dream. Active isolation pads?

I'd go on and on about the general populations lack of education in science, but I think it's obvious that there isn't any education in science among the general population.
Reading that ad made me sad and angry at the same time. I just wanna reach out and shake some sense into him, but based on his list of gear he's waaaay too far gone and wouldn't listen to any of it. Sigh.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

View attachment 50282

I think I mentioned Nola speakers in the Rich and Famous thread. The KO S3 sells for C$26,800 and this dealer is in Vancouver, B.C.
https://patsaudioart.com/shop/speakers/nola/nola-ko-s3-speakers/
Name plate says Nola is in N.Y.
It's all very high end stuff. Sim Audio is also very expensive. Except for the turntable. Surprised he only got the Project Carbon when everything else very expensive.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think I mentioned Nola speakers in the Rich and Famous thread. The KO S3 sells for C$26,800 and this dealer is in Vancouver, B.C.
It's all very high end stuff. Sim Audio is also very expensive. Except for the turntable. Surprised he only got the Project Carbon when everything else very expensive.
So, I've tried having more sense than money. I think I want to try having more money than sense next. Seems to work out well for most.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It looks like a very high end system with some good components, but it's a mixed bag with all of the tweaky, overpriced goofy synergistic research crap. The speakers are pretty interesting tho and I'll bet they prolly sound pretty nice.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
After getting hosed at the repair shop. Decided to pop by, but nothing caught my eye, but the sub has weird connections, but good looking piano finish, sigh.
IMG_14092021_195939_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200021_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200100_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200158_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200133_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200239_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg
IMG_14092021_200306_(1350_x_2400_pixel).jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I’m guessing those DefTech’s were OG BP-10’s, based on the oak caps and the silk dome tweeter. How much were they?

Hopefully not too much since they look like they belonged to Pig Pen.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I’m guessing those DefTech’s were OG BP-10’s, based on the oak caps and the silk dome tweeter. How much were they?

Hopefully not too much since they look like they belonged to Pig Pen.
I think $159 for the pair of Definitives. They actually looked good just needed some cleaning. Whoop I don't think you were talking to me.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
After getting hosed at the repair shop. Decided to pop by, but nothing caught my eye, but the sub has weird connections, but good looking piano finish, sigh.
View attachment 50289View attachment 50290View attachment 50291View attachment 50292View attachment 50293View attachment 50294View attachment 50295
If the Monitor 40s would clean up those would be good extra room speakers at $40 and especially if you can get one of those 50% off deals they seem to have it would be a steal. I guess the challenge is how many speakers like that do you need (which is what I run into). It's so tempting to buy tons of lateral moves.

By the way whatever thrift shop you go to has continuous speakers which is super cool! Again my goodwills have the absolute worst crap I have ever seen... Ever.... I do buy CDs there though

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Reading that ad made me sad and angry at the same time. I just wanna reach out and shake some sense into him, but based on his list of gear he's waaaay too far gone and wouldn't listen to any of it. Sigh.
The ad states "DON'T WAIST MY TIME OR YOURS."

So I suggest you WASTE his time instead. It could be fun. And it confirms that he has more money than sense.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

I think $159 for the pair of Definitives. They actually looked good just needed some cleaning. Whoop I don't think you were talking to me.
Yeah I was. :p

The wire terminals are on the bottom. That's where you'll find the model number too. $159 is good if they're BP-10's and they're in good condition.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Nola was formerly Alon (get it?)

Their m.o. is open-baffle mids and tweeters, with sealed box bass.

There's a pair of 80's or 90's Alon near me, that I've got my eye on but haven't decided upon yet.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dude... wtf?!

It even works if you place your power conditioner on it... :oops:
What's funny is I had never looked up any of their products mainly because I'd never heard of them, but also because of that drama with Gene.

Now that I look it up, the drama makes so much more sense. This guy knows he's peddling horsesh!t to people and getting paid well to do it. He would have no issues defending his BS because the BS reputation is all he has. WOW

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What's funny is I had never looked up any of their products mainly because I'd never heard of them, but also because of that drama with Gene.

Now that I look it up, the drama makes so much more sense. This guy knows he's peddling horsesh!t to people and getting paid well to do it. He would have no issues defending his BS because the BS reputation is all he has. WOW
Reading the description of how it magically makes everything better just pisses me off. I can't believe folks read that and think "huh, that makes sense! Gimme 5 of them!".

I'll bet if you put one under your toaster it'll brown your bread perfectly every time...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Reading the description of how it magically makes everything better just pisses me off. I can't believe folks read that and think "huh, that makes sense! Gimme 5 of them!".

I'll bet if you put one under your toaster it'll brown your bread perfectly every time...
Crazy to think that 2 years ago I wouldn't believe people could be this dumb.

Now? Pretty easy to believe.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis