Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The build quality looks pretty good. Looks like a satin finish but still very pretty. How old are these?
This will tell you a little bit about some of them Rocket speaker designs

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice Sub. Not sure what a good price would be for one used only a 1 year old (assuming it's only a year old)
I don't think it's a bad price. If I were actively looking for that specific sub, it's not bad. If it were $500 it'd probably be in my living room by now... lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This will tell you a little bit about some of them Rocket speaker designs
Oof. That's pretty gnarly. They do mention it might be more of a qc issue than design tho, which is in line with what I've read about the company. Some folks got legit good gear and a bunch got gear with cheaper parts or poor crossover work. It was super inconsistent.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Oof. That's pretty gnarly. They do mention it might be more of a qc issue than design tho, which is in line with what I've read about the company. Some folks got legit good gear and a bunch got gear with cheaper parts or poor crossover work. It was super inconsistent.
That is pretty much true

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I think that's why a passed on a beautiful set here in town. I just wasn't sure what i'd be getting.
I use to own a pair of their smaller ELT bookshelf speakers ... lacking in bass and somewhat bright sounding ... (picture from hometheaterhifi.com)

1624548100537.png

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well Z, they came home with me yesterday.✌ I already had a Jamo center speaker, so I said why not. I was afraid the tape was gonna ruin the finish, but I took it off gently and phew came out OK. The speakers were dirty as heck and I used Awesome cleaner and the dirt came off easily without ruining the finish. It's weird I'm getting all White electronics stuff lately. :eek: These are a Beauty in person. Some pics for Hungry eyes. :p;) I will hook them up later on tonight to see if I like em.
IMG_24062021_114917_(2300_x_1205_pixel).jpg

IMG_24062021_114957_(1009_x_2300_pixel).jpg

IMG_24062021_114935_(2300_x_1247_pixel).jpg

IMG_24062021_120445_(1201_x_2300_pixel).jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well Z, they came home with me yesterday.✌ I already had a Jamo center speaker, so I said why not. These are a Beauty in person. Some pics for Hungry eyes. :p;) I will hook them up later on tonight to see if I like em.
For $19 ... it should be one of the best under $50 deals ... if by chance you do not like them, then your should be able to sell them for around $40 or $50

Last edited:
R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
I use to own a pair of their smaller ELT bookshelf speakers ... lacking in bass and somewhat bright sounding ... (picture from hometheaterhifi.com)

View attachment 48710
that's interesting.danny richie just posted a a new video on youtube advertising a new kit he is selling for nearfield/desktop use.the drivers and cabinets look almost identical to those with the exception of tighter driver spacing on his speaker.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
that's interesting.danny richie just posted a a new video on youtube advertising a new kit he is selling for nearfield/desktop use.the drivers and cabinets look almost identical to those with the exception of tighter driver spacing on his speaker.
He bought the left over stock drivers from AV123 ... but the original AV123 ELT I believe, was designed by one of the Triangle speaker designers ... but before AV123 closed, Danny was designing some of their speakers which included a lower version of the ELT bookshelf speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a new brand for me, Soliloquy 5.3 towers for $400. They look pretty nice.

00c0c_dHRuVGUEB7nz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Here's a pair of JBL 940Ts for $800... I've never heard of them. Are they really worth it? Sometimes these old JBL speakers do fetch higher prices.

00i0i_eGFQDxcTm0Bz_0j00no_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Found a fr chart for those Soliloquy speakers. They do look a bit peaky, as mentioned in the review.

sol53fig4.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Here's a new brand for me, Soliloquy 5.3 towers for $400. They look pretty nice.

View attachment 48727

Here's a pair of JBL 940Ts for $800... I've never heard of them. Are they really worth it? Sometimes these old JBL speakers do fetch higher prices.

View attachment 48728

That’s a we bit high for those but like you say older jbl’s if in good shape can fetch really good prices but these aren’t the models that do .

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Here's a pair of JBL 940Ts for $800... I've never heard of them. Are they really worth it? Sometimes these old JBL speakers do fetch higher prices

maybe $200 ... their former L series speakers would be better for me

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Testing
IMG_26062021_195018_(1294_x_2300_pixel).jpg
IMG_26062021_194955_(1294_x_2300_pixel).jpg
IMG_26062021_195031_(1294_x_2300_pixel).jpg
IMG_26062021_194932_(2300_x_1126_pixel).jpg

Crystal clear treble without any type of harshness. Bass is pretty decent too. Tested with various stuff like The Stones, Norah, Jazz, Acoustic, etc. I really like them and a keeper. The Polks have to give their desktop duties to the Jamo! A Keeper Z and Gang!✌Lucky me. ‍

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Testing

Crystal clear treble without any type of harshness. Bass is pretty decent too. Tested with various stuff like The Stones, Norah, Jazz, Acoustic, etc. I really like them and a keeper. The Polks have to give their desktop duties to the Jamo! A Keeper Z and Gang!✌Lucky me. ‍
Sell that Polk speaker ... continue to enjoy them Jamo speakers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis