Are These Finds Good Deals?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
On that same vein, this guy has been trying to unload these CF150's at a ridiculous price for at least a year.

I think I paid like $600 for my pair brand new back in 1998 or '99. As a prior owner, I can tell you they aren't worth $1250 even as a collector's item.

If they were mint L7's, I'd have a totally different opinion though.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What am I looking at here for $50? KLH 7001 and Model 09? Are they 2 different systems or were they made to go together or..? I don't know a lot about KLH but what I've seen is generally positive. These actually look interesting, but a hell of a drive to go check out.

00202_jwNBR4JZ0Z0z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh damnit. I see what they are now. Those are surround speakers sitting on top of books. I was thinking they were one of those funky early designs like Kef was putting out back in the day.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is this Crown XTi 1000 for $250 good for home audio? It's a pro audio PA amp but the specs look good.
View attachment 48882
I have several Crown XLS models using the same tech (TI based class D), altho the XTi has more dsp options. It's a bit older being first gen; the current model is second generation XTi 2002. Not sure if these have fan noise to consider (the XLS are very quiet fwiw). In CAD price sounds okay maybe a tad high depending on its past use....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are pretty different. JVC something or others for $500. That's a funky looking woofer. It's a funky looking speaker, lol.

00v0v_2dqelUy5p9vz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

What's up with the bumps on the woofer? Does it add more surface area? Some kinda waveguide control or something?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Indeed I’ve herd them they are like the bottom end of the north ridge line 40 bucks ain’t bad for them . Probably make Farley decent atmos speakers if you mounted them high up .
Thanks. I have 2 unused channels so thinking about adding front height speakers.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I have several Crown XLS models using the same tech (TI based class D), altho the XTi has more dsp options. It's a bit older being first gen; the current model is second generation XTi 2002. Not sure if these have fan noise to consider (the XLS are very quiet fwiw). In CAD price sounds okay maybe a tad high depending on its past use....
Thanks, I was concerned about fan noise, being a pro amp, and it's likely been on the road.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
These are pretty different. JVC something or others for $500. That's a funky looking woofer. It's a funky looking speaker, lol.

View attachment 48887

What's up with the bumps on the woofer? Does it add more surface area? Some kinda waveguide control or something?
That woofer kinda resembles the woofer on the new Polk Legend series.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The woofers seem to have foam surrounds. If so, they end up by drying out and need to be replaced, then finding genuine replacement surrounds is probably impossible. It could also cost more than $100 to get them installed.
At $40, they don't seem too costly, but I would inquire about the surrounds as to whether or not they are of the foam type before grabbing them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis