Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well I guess I also got some new speakers, but they are the ones with the Pixel 2 XL phone (pretty much the phone is made by LG} ... the stereo speakers are pretty good ... bought the phone brand new in the box for $152 delivered ... at original price of around $1000 the phone is over-rated and I would not pay $499 new in the box ... I do have a back case coming for it ...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
When I did the set up on the Pixel 2xl it updated all the way to Android 11... From this point on I will no longer have updates or support and that is fine with me

Last edited:
T

Trout

Enthusiast
Looking for a good deal on an integrated amp. I saw a rotel 1570 going for $500? Good deal especially since it was 1600 new

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking for a good deal on an integrated amp. I saw a rotel 1570 going for $500? Good deal especially since it was 1600 new
More info! What shape is it in? Got any pics? Where from? Do you know the seller? How much use has it seen?

Those types of used electronics can be a gamble because shelf life is pretty much just a guess. Some well made amps can last quite a while, but an integrated amp has more potential for problems. Speakers are a little different and can last multiple decades if cared for properly.

T

Trout

Enthusiast
More info! What shape is it in? Got any pics? Where from? Do you know the seller? How much use has it seen?

Those types of used electronics can be a gamble because shelf life is pretty much just a guess. Some well made amps can last quite a while, but an integrated amp has more potential for problems. Speakers are a little different and can last multiple decades if cared for properly.
It’s in Connecticut on Facebook Market Place. It’s a good buy, but I hear yea. It is a gamble.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It’s in Connecticut on Facebook Market Place. It’s a good buy, but I hear yea. It is a gamble.
Yeah, I agree that's a good buy, but if I don't know enough about its history I'd probably pass. I know it sucks to walk away from a great price like that. Maybe wait for some more replies and get some other opinions. I don't know anything about that particular model. It could be known for its reliability for all I know, but that's usually one of my *general* guidelines with that type of gear.

T

Trout

Enthusiast
Yeah, I agree that's a good buy, but if I don't know enough about its history I'd probably pass. I know it sucks to walk away from a great price like that. Maybe wait for some more replies and get some other opinions. I don't know anything about that particular model. It could be known for its reliability for all I know, but that's usually one of my *general* guidelines with that type of gear.

Here is a link. If it was 200-250 I might do it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Here is a link. If it was 200-250 I might do it.
Well, it doesn't look beat up. Looks like it's in pretty good shape actually. It's not a discontinued model either. Someone who knows more might tell you to go for it. I'm not that someone tho. I'm not at all familiar with it, tho Rotel is a good brand.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That’s a different model.
Quite a different model, more than I expected on model number alone. At least the 1570 has some digital capabilities and twice as much power but still doesn't look all that attractive to me....integrated amps often still fall short on bass management.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
That’s a different model.
Oops - put in a 2 instead of a 7! There’s a 1570 on HiFi Shark for CA$1250 but that’s all I’ve seen…

The 1570 retailed for $1600 seven years ago and if you are truly interested, $500 is, in my opinion (take that for what it’s worth) a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Oh man! I've been on the lookout for a pair of Elac Adante floorstanders, especially in white, as I love my AS-61 stand mounts. These came up on US Audiomart, but they have a damaged driver (makes me wonder how well they they were taken care of) no box (local pickup only in LA) and the original spikes were replaced with casters (maybe a cool idea?). Oh well. Anyway, if you are in the area...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh man! I've been on the lookout for a pair of Elac Adante floorstanders, especially in white, as I love my AS-61 stand mounts. These came up on US Audiomart, but they have a damaged driver (makes me wonder how well they they were taken care of) no box (local pickup only in LA) and the original spikes were replaced with casters (maybe a cool idea?). Oh well. Anyway, if you are in the area...
Oof. That damaged driver tho. Still, nice speakers. I think if I were interested the first thing I'd do is see if I could source a replacement driver before making an offer. Then I'd whine about replacing the driver and try to talk him down some more... :p

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Oof. That damaged driver tho. Still, nice speakers. I think if I were interested the first thing I'd do is see if I could source a replacement driver before making an offer. Then I'd whine about replacing the driver and try to talk him down some more... :p
The poster says the driver cost $25 plus shipping from Elac. So... replace it! Then post it for sale as $2K from a MSRP of $5K can be construed as a really good deal (with non-damaged drivers).

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
Actually saw ad on Usaudiomart selling RS Mach 3 speakers for $1200. Really?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
KEF iq7 for 350 nzd?

I don't think that's a horrible deal, but it's not great imo. They're probably over ten years old, tho if taken care of should still work fine. If you really like Kef and are looking for those specific speakers it might be okay, but it doesn't really shout "go get 'em!" to me.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I don't think that's a horrible deal, but it's not great imo. They're probably over ten years old, tho if taken care of should still work fine. If you really like Kef and are looking for those specific speakers it might be okay, but it doesn't really shout "go get 'em!" to me.
Thanks yeah I thought so .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis