Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ohh.... check these out. KEF R3 and KEF R11 speakers for $1475 and $3600 respectively.

00h0h_dq2f9Kgm5rPz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00D0D_2ALrcet5TILz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Also... does that look like a RBH SV 1212NR beside that R11?? I may have to see if he'd be interested in selling it!

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Ohh.... check these out. KEF R3 and KEF R11 speakers for $1475 and $3600 respectively.

View attachment 48575

View attachment 48574

Also... does that look like a RBH SV 1212NR beside that R11?? I may have to see if he'd be interested in selling it!
i saw those r3's.. nice speakers.. at about $1100 give or take..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ahh... thank you. I thought it was some kind of tone arm design variant with 2 of something... lol
LOL my first good record player was a Dual 1219 (a changer even). Didn't know what Dual referred to and you made me curious....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL that that might entice even Pogre to such madness as getting vinyled (the new variant) is fairly optimistic I think :)

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Ahh... thank you. I thought it was some kind of tone arm design variant with 2 of something... lol
I used to have a Dual TT back before I unloaded my vinyl collection (not a choice - I needed the money). I want to say it was a 506 - not a high-end model, but not junk either.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Almost never see a pair of BP2000’s under $1000. As long as the sub amps work, thats a hot deal.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
These are interesting and look like some pretty pricey speakers new. A pair of Avalon Eclipse towers for $2900.

View attachment 48617View attachment 48618

Interesting design on those cabs !

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
These are interesting and look like some pretty pricey speakers new. A pair of Avalon Eclipse towers for $2900.

This would be for all speakers, but when speakers cost that much, i'm really curious whether they really sound better. At some point, if a speaker is reproducing the sound it should, I wonder how incremental it really is to spend that kind of money. However, I guess you are buying the build quality here and unique design likely more than anything

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

If you poke around on the web, there are still some manufacturers using cabinet shapes like that, Aurum Cantus from China being one.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
This would be for all speakers, but when speakers cost that much, i'm really curious whether they really sound better. At some point, if a speaker is reproducing the sound it should, I wonder how incremental it really is to spend that kind of money. However, I guess you are buying the build quality here and unique design likely more than anything
In most speakers the highest parts cost is the cabinet, not the drivers or crossovers. Round edges, fancy angles, 2-foot wide horns... all that fancy woodworking is expensive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis