Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I just dug a little bit and found out that Warfedale makes those. Build quality looks solid, specs aren't bad and they seem to review well. I couldn't find any measurements tho.
They are made by the same company that owns Wharfedale and a couple other brands ... I would expect them to be more detailed and balanced compared to the Yamaha speakers ... Mission speakers have been around for a long time

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
They are made by the same company that owns Wharfedale and a couple other brands ... I would expect them to be more detailed and balanced compared to the Yamaha speakers ... Mission speakers have been around for a long time
Nice. I missed out, I was supposed to confirm this morning but got busy at work. Another guy showed up this afternoon and snapped them up. Oh well.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
These are possibly interesting although not interested in buying. Seems to be a bit of negative concensus here in regards to b&w

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm... $8K down from $20K when new. Says they do not have the bases - my question is why? Where did they go? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE BASES!!?! It's all moot as I don't have the extra eight big ones laying around, but it is intriguing...
Oh cool, he has the Klipschorn corner cabinets as well. My dad had something similar in kit form with Electrovoice drivers running off a Scott kit built tube amp. My first foray into hi-fi listening. Man did that old gear ever sound sweet.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Z ever try these? It was in my recommendation list on amazon.
_20210303_131434.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You should check the Mordaunt Short speakers out.
Hmmm dunno if I can fit anymore speakers in my small apt. Maybe I can sell the Polks PC setup, although they do sound good for what I use it for. Ok why should I get them Z? :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm dunno if I can fit anymore speakers in my small apt. Maybe I can sell the Polks PC setup, although they do sound good for what I use it for. Ok why should I get them Z? :D
Because they are the former popular Mordaunt Short Carnival speakers ... Similar to the Cambridge Audio S30 ... I would take them over Polk and them Moukey speakers that you linked

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Because they are the former popular Mordaunt Short Carnival speakers ... Similar to the Cambridge Audio S30 ... I would take them over Polk and them Moukey speakers that you linked
Hmmm it's 31 min away. Ill think about it.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Here's some Theopany M5 speakers. Well out of my price range. NewZealand made, so there's that!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Z ever try these? It was in my recommendation list on amazon.
Not interested ... but you could try the Decco speakers with the red woofers ... the red would pop on your computer desk!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis