Are These Finds Good Deals?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I have room too... there's a spot in a corner behind the sectional sofa, out in the kitchen behind me opposite the 2 up front, lots of room in the den off to my right...
There's a pair of jbl 530s in Chandler, guy has a pair of 570s too...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ha, when I said that 99% of anything from Technics was junk the other day, these were the the 1% good I was thinking about. :p
You're excluding their turntables obviously, plus they made some other nice stuff....they may not be known for speakers particularly, tho (well at least no more than the other similar brands of the time).....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sheeeit... I just saw that HD could get those free just for getting them off the seller's hands! They don't look like there's a lot of fixing up to do aside from a little cosmetic work. I might even bite if that was local.
Go get them.. Dude said he'd give them away..
Maybe if they're still there next time I head into town, but have no real reason to go there at this time....next Costco trip perhaps. Cost me $25 in gas alone!

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Anyone know anything about these Marantz monoblocks? I've never seen them before. They look old enough that I wouldn't roll the dice but curious all the same.

Alex and j_garcia either own or have owned them. Worked well for what I remember.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Go get them.. Dude said he'd give them away..
or just by them off Ebay for $700

a little bit of work was put in the crossover

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those Technic surround sound I got about two years ago on CL are fantastic and look cool with gold trimmings. I thought they were gonna suck, but when the guy hooked them up, whoa.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Those Technic surround sound I got about two years ago on CL are fantastic and look cool with gold trimmings. I thought they were gonna suck, but when the guy hooked them up, whoa.
And where are they now?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yes and if someone wanted a stereo setup separate than home theater maybe that could be useful too?

I couldn’t resist for $20 and was bored and got the Advents for my office. Sound good and will either be permanent or hold me over to the next time. The wood matches the other furniture in the room which is unique vs a sterile black speaker like I usually get.
Am leveraging and old Sony receiver I pulled from the closet and an extra Amazon echo and old Apple TV for airplay. Same with speaker wire and cords from my huge mess of wires. Kind of fun putting a system together with 20 speakers and pieces I wasn’t using and have it sound pretty good. Made for a fun night if nothing else
View attachment 44832View attachment 44831
ok so follow up. My wife and I both love these speakers I got for $20 largely as Furniture vs how they sound. And they sound fine. They we’re reformed and the tweeters seem to work fine (assuming crossovers as well).

If not driven hard, how long could I expect these to last? I considered buying some backup parts as I want to have the option to keep them as they fit the room so well and can get some backup tweeters that appear new for 50. But is that dumb to put money to parts that aren’t needed? For all I know these could last 20 more years as they were refoamed. If a good idea, what parts to get?

not trying to divert the threat but curious if one or two people have any thoughts

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
So go the bug from this thread!

$36 usd (50nzd)
Worth a look?

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Or these Mission M35i for $180 usd? (250nzd). Oh, hi from the middle of the Pacific *now 200nzd as they are moving.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Or these Mission M35i for $180 usd? (250nzd). Oh, hi from the middle of the Pacific *now 200nzd as they are moving.

These look kinda interesting. Already sold tho...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh no... I just found a pair of Hsu VTF-15Hs for a thousand bucks!

View attachment 45210

Holy poop this is so tempting! I'd have four 15" HSU's! Or I could keep the 15Hs and sell my VTF-3 MK5s for about the same amount!

Man oh man oh man, someone buy these before I do!
Posting deleted by author. He musta sold them. Right now I'm wondering if the buyer realizes that they're 2 completely different subs...

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
These look kinda interesting. Already sold tho...
They are still available, I have first option. They would be replacing my yamaha NS-50F Fronts, which I'm actually very happy with. It would also mean the Center would no longer match the Fronts..............

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hmm... $8K down from $20K when new. Says they do not have the bases - my question is why? Where did they go? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE BASES!!?! It's all moot as I don't have the extra eight big ones laying around, but it is intriguing...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They are still available, I have first option. They would be replacing my yamaha NS-50F Fronts, which I'm actually very happy with. It would also mean the Center would no longer match the Fronts..............
Go for it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Go for it
I just dug a little bit and found out that Warfedale makes those. Build quality looks solid, specs aren't bad and they seem to review well. I couldn't find any measurements tho.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I just dug a little bit and found out that Warfedale makes those. Build quality looks solid, specs aren't bad and they seem to review well. I couldn't find any measurements tho.
Neither, although look well designed and built. I'm waiting to hear about pick up this afternoon. Someone may have bet me to them. I'm thinking they could be atleast an incremental upgrade to the yamaha Fronts I have just based on specs. Worst case I resell for the same and have some fun

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis