Are These Finds Good Deals?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
So these look like a decent deal if a guy has the budget. KEF LS50s for $750. They look in great shape.

View attachment 44800

Saw those.. I was thinking $600 would spark my interest.. That way i could turn em over in a couple months and not get killed...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I've seen a few of these speaker selector switches. This one is a Rotel and handles up to 6 pairs of speakers for $40. I'm assuming this is a device where someone could instantly switch between different speakers? Something that would come in handy if I want to a/b compare some speakers, right?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Okay, I've seen a few of these speaker selector switches. This one is a Rotel and handles up to 6 pairs of speakers for $40. I'm assuming this is a device where someone could instantly switch between different speakers? Something that would come in handy if I want to a/b compare some speakers, right?

Yes and if someone wanted a stereo setup separate than home theater maybe that could be useful too?

I couldn’t resist for $20 and was bored and got the Advents for my office. Sound good and will either be permanent or hold me over to the next time. The wood matches the other furniture in the room which is unique vs a sterile black speaker like I usually get.
Am leveraging and old Sony receiver I pulled from the closet and an extra Amazon echo and old Apple TV for airplay. Same with speaker wire and cords from my huge mess of wires. Kind of fun putting a system together with 20 speakers and pieces I wasn’t using and have it sound pretty good. Made for a fun night if nothing else
1613832928024.jpeg
1613832915046.jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes and if someone wanted a stereo setup separate than home theater maybe that could be useful too?

I couldn’t resist for $20 and was bored and got the Advents for my office. Sound good and will either be permanent or hold me over to the next time. The wood matches the other furniture in the room which is unique vs a sterile black speaker like I usually get.
Am leveraging and old Sony receiver I pulled from the closet and an extra Amazon echo and old Apple TV for airplay. Same with speaker wire and cords from my huge mess of wires. Kind of fun putting a system together with 20 speakers and pieces I wasn’t using and have it sound pretty good. Made for a fun night if nothing else
View attachment 44832View attachment 44831
Hey, 20 bucks and they work. I don't think you overpaid! You say they sound pretty good? I've never listened to Advent before.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Kind of fun putting a system together with 20 speakers and pieces I wasn’t using and have it sound pretty good. Made for a fun night if nothing else
It is fun, isn't it? I love finding great deals and playing with them when I get 'em home. Gives me an excuse to blow the dust off an old receiver and set it up. They just sound better when you put in the work to find them and get them cheapy cheap cheap like that.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
It is fun, isn't it? I love finding great deals and playing with them when I get 'em home. Gives me an excuse to blow the dust off an old receiver and set it up. They just sound better when you put in the work to find them and get them cheapy cheap cheap like that.
Yes it is fun. I got more than $20 of enjoyment out of the experience. The speakers work, have been refoamed and sound good ( not wow good but good) They are really mini towers with an 8 and a tweeter. The 8 is sealed so the bottom end could use a sub but that’s to be expected. They appear to have also have been taken care of very well. The grills are flawless and the wood must have been stained as it looks great. They fit in the office matching all the furniture (color of wood stain) and that might be the main reason they stay.

So far I was steaming via an echo dot to the rcas of my receiver because that’s convenient. I need to hear them with better quality source content to give them a fair shake. Does running a wired connection from Apple Music on a phone or iPad give better quality content vs an echo?
Probably will use a CD player to see how that sounds. How do most of you guys play your music? My receiver didn’t have steaming in it and I pay for Apple Music so want to leverage that service

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You under-paid ... enjoy

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Check out these Canton CT-120s for $1350.

I did a little digging and they look like some pretty good speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sticking with Canton, these Karats don't really stand out in the looks department, but upon a little digging I'm reading they had among the flattest measuring fr of speakers available at the time. 800 bones tho...

00N0N_kIznzBhnUlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Sticking with Canton, these Karats don't really stand out in the looks department, but upon a little digging I'm reading they had among the flattest measuring fr of speakers available at the time. 800 bones tho...

View attachment 44870

For $400 that's worth a look...$800 not so much.. Arcadia is old school money , another " Scottsdale factor"price...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Check out these Canton CT-120s for $1350.

I did a little digging and they look like some pretty good speakers.
We will wait for your review

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis