Are These Finds Good Deals?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
KEF mystery speakers for 80 bucks. That all the description there is, along with this single photo...

View attachment 33613
Those appear to be Reference 103/4, and are potentially worth 5 times or more of the asking price. Ping me with where I could grab them? Please, and Thank you!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
KEF mystery speakers for 80 bucks. That all the description there is, along with this single photo...a
Ask the seller to send you pictures with the grills removed ... sometimes they like to hide something

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those appear to be Reference 103/4, and are potentially worth 5 times or more of the asking price. Ping me with where I could grab them? Please, and Thank you!
It's on LetGo in the Phoenix area. I pinged the guy and he hasn't replied. I tried again just now.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It's on LetGo in the Phoenix area. I pinged the guy and he hasn't replied. I tried again just now.
Wish they weren't so far away from me.

Wait a minute...that's a great Dire Straits song! :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wish they weren't so far away from me.

Wait a minute...that's a great Dire Straits song! :D
I pinged him again earlier today. Still no reply. Strange tho, he has another listing on there too. You'd think a guy would stay on top of prospective buyers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
A buddy of mine sent these pics to me of a pair of KLH Model 2055s he found at a Goodwill. Looks like 50 bones for the pair. I don't know much about them aside from at least one of those woofers are passive radiators.

30211-288x384.jpeg

30213-288x384.jpeg

30212-288x384.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A buddy of mine sent these pics to me of a pair of KLH Model 2055s he found at a Goodwill. Looks like 50 bones for the pair. I don't know much about them aside from at least one of those woofers are passive radiators.

View attachment 34564
View attachment 34565
View attachment 34566
Those were good speakers way back in the day. Part of the AR Advent KLH family. I believe the K in KLH stood for Henry Kloss the founder of Advent.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those were good speakers way back in the day. Part of the AR Advent KLH family. I believe the K in KLH stood for Henry Kloss the founder of Advent.
I did a little digging and info is hard to find. Looks like they still sell for around $175 in good shape. I might be willing to pay 50 if they're in good shape, but not quite what I'm looking for.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm going to piggyback on your thread!
Wondering if any of these are exceptional speakers for the price:
Infinity RS2.5 $1200? Not in best of shape.

Infinity Beta 50 $300?

Infinity Studio Monitor SM112 $300?

Infinity Modulus Emit K w/stands $400

Dual RBH TS10AP $175?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^Those RBH subs are interesting, especially at that price. I'd get them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those subs really grab my attention too. I think I'd make an offer on those.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you kidding two subs from a well known company for $175. Thats a steal unless something is wrong with it.
I found a product page with some info. They look like decent little subs. Not overly powerful at 200 watts but they're 10s.

As near as I can tell the TS10 was replaced by the SX10 (which has a 350 watt amp) and Audioholics has some info on those.

Just for curiosity, would I be able to blend a pair of 10's like those in with my system or are they just too small to be effective? Mid bass modules possibly? Nearfield application? If I find a deal out here I'd have a hard time passing those up. The finish even works with my setup.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I found a product page with some info. They look like decent little subs. Not overly powerful at 200 watts but they're 10s.

As near as I can tell the TS10 was replaced by the SX10 (which has a 350 watt amp) and Audioholics has some info on those.

Just for curiosity, would I be able to blend a pair of 10's like those in with my system or are they just too small to be effective? Mid bass modules possibly? Nearfield application? If I find a deal out here I'd have a hard time passing those up. The finish even works with my setup.
I would think they would be nice as a mid bass module, kind of like the REL T/7i another member was asking about today - the specs are quite similar.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would think they would be nice as a mid bass module, kind of like the REL T/7i another member was asking about today - the specs are quite similar.
My guess is they might work really well, but tricky to blend. Do like a high pass at maybe 40 hz and let my Hsus pick up the rest?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Are you kidding two subs from a well known company for $175. Thats a steal unless something is wrong with it.
No one lists what they want for it....

They will take $125 or something near it I assure you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis