Are These Finds Good Deals?

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
WELL?? :p

I'm telling you right now I might be willing to pay to ship it depending on what it is. What model of Marantz is it? You said it's a receiver right?

*Edit: Hell, my son just moved into his own place and doesn't have a stereo system at all. I have some spare speakers I'm planning to gift to him, and a Marantz receiver to power them would be really nice. So even if I can't use it he definitely could!
Yeah, I didn''t get any notifications until literally just now about all this. It's a SR-5006. Older model, from 2013. And sure, I'm happy to find a box and some packing material (I lack for neither) around here somewhere and ship it to ya if you're willing to pick up that specific tab.

Last edited:
J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Yeah, bro post up a photo of that amp. Like Pogre stated more than likely a AH member will be willing to take it off your hands.
Like I said, I got no notifications until just now. It's an older amp, but it's not like it's a 6.1 or something.

If Pogre doesn't want it (since he's been the most persistent), maybe someone a little more local (I'm in Central FL) will be interested and we can just do a handoff.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I think that I have found my happy place with the Elac BS41 speakers ... in my room even with them about 12 inches from the back wall and even more from the side walls, the rear port was a bit too much ... a sock in the port effects it too much ... so I put poly-batten in the rear ports, that way some air can still pass through ... so with that and the tweeter grill removed this is an all around better sounding speaker and some good sounding budget-friendly speakers
Well one more time ... Well after doing more so called analytical listening today ... I decided that after taming the sort of over-ripe port, that the overall sound seemed to be a little off balance ... so I put them Tweeter grills back on and this brought more overall balance ... So for me with the port full open, the tweeter grill needed to come off ... And with the port tamed the tweeter grill needs to be back on ... all in all for me, this is an impressive set of budget speakers and they are keeping the modified Cambridge speakers out of duty for now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I didn''t get any notifications until literally just now about all this. It's a SR-5006. Older model, from 2013. And sure, I'm happy to find a box and some packing material (I lack for neither) around here somewhere and ship it to ya if you're willing to pick up that specific tab.
Like I said, I got no notifications until just now. It's an older amp, but it's not like it's a 6.1 or something.

If Pogre doesn't want it (since he's been the most persistent), maybe someone a little more local (I'm in Central FL) will be interested and we can just do a handoff.
Thank you for getting back to us! I'm afraid that unit won't be up to date enough for my son's use so I'm gonna pass. If it had more updated connections I'd have taken you up on it tho!

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thank you for getting back to us! I'm afraid that unit won't be up to date enough for my son's use so I'm gonna pass. If it had more updated connections I'd have taken you up on it tho!
Wow, your son has been spoiled if this receiver isn't going to fit for his first one! I know folks who could use it but as I'm in Canada, I expect the Freight and Customs hassle would be a pain, or I'd go for it. I wonder what this gift would cost to ship to Vancouver?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, your son has been spoiled if this receiver isn't going to fit for his first one! I know folks who could use it but as I'm in Canada, I expect the Freight and Customs hassle would be a pain, or I'd go for it. I wonder what this gift would cost to ship to Vancouver?
He has devices with more modern HDMI connections.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Thanks @Pogre for the explanation. Some time ago, I gave one of my brothers a very old Denon I had (with HDMI) but it just died. He doesn't need the latest (think immersive) so this could work.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well as the Amazon World Turns ... the Elac BS41 has gone from $68 up to $149

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Ballparking the weight at about 45 pounds (probably a gross exaggeration, but I didn't have a scale handy) you're looking at a hundred bucks. I posted it up in Classified if you want to see a photo.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nothing super exciting for subs today aside from this PSA TV36 for $2k, which is actually quite a discount for what it is. This is one beastly sub!

Now onto my "wtf" finds... lol. I just can't get over the prices for these old Sunfire subs. I know they punch way above their weight class but still... $750 for a used older 10" sub? C'mon.

And these "rare" DefTech BP 7001SC's for $4550!! What's this guy smoking? Are they really that sought after?

*Edit: The seller notes that they come from a "dust free home". That's pretty amazing if one can keep ALL dust from entering their home... lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey now, these look very interesting! KEF Reference 201XL large bookshelf speakers or mini towers with the original stands for $1200. These were pretty pricey (tri-ampable even!) new. The stands weren't cheap either at $1200 for them alone per the ad.

00h0h_9tD5nBedElEz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_5GWJPYry3qwz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey now, these look very interesting! KEF Reference 201XL large bookshelf speakers or mini towers with the original stands for $1200. These were pretty pricey (tri-ampable even!) new. The stands weren't cheap either at $1200 for them alone per the ad.

View attachment 54324View attachment 54325

I used to drool over those at my local shop. Would probably grab them just for nostalgia sake.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
$750 for a used older 10" sub?
It's the Let's Go Brandon pricing on used gear.

I just saw a 7 channel Aragon amp for sale @ $2200. Kurt and I sold one back and forth for $750. Now I wanna buy it back for $750 if he doesn't want it anymore. I knew I shoulda bought more amps before covid.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I used to drool over those at my local shop. Would probably grab them just for nostalgia sake.
They're really cool looking speakers. I know that whole reference line is generally sought after. Does that model have the internal chamber for bass drivers like its big brothers?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
They're really cool looking speakers. I know that whole reference line is generally sought after. Does that model have the internal chamber for bass drivers like its big brothers?
The ones with crescent shaped ports don't have internal woofers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Um, a pair of Maggie MG1's for $100? Not much in the description and out of town, but that seems really low for Magnepans if in good condition, no?

Can't tell much from the piss-poor pics or the description, but no obvious signs of damage or mention of being beat up or inoperable.

00F0F_hNxBbjezHORz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00P0P_891nyE86xVCz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis