Aperion Audio Verus Grand Loudspeaker System Reviewed

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Due to the Vann's killer price on the V-5.1 - I almost bought.
However, I suspect that some former Klipsch engineers, have
voiced it, some-what north of neutral.
Is the engineering for Energy now done in the Klipsch facilities?

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Nope, but do help moderate their forum.

Not sure why it is funny or not...the info is available and free for all. If you are afraid of logging in, maybe you have something to hide. My understanding is the info will be available on the main website when it gets updated....as is it for all the other speakers.

What do I like this week? The same stuff I liked and heard in the past 5 or 6 years. My favorite being the TAD Ref one. I don't spout the virtues of speakers I haven't heard.
Since you moderate the Ascend Forum there --

1.) How much do their Towers Cost / Pair with High Gloss Cherry Wood Veneer Finish, and the RAAL Ribbon Tweeter including Shipping (Grand Total)? Are they off the shelf, or is there lead-time to have them shipped?

2.) What is their Warranty?

3.) If you don't like them, will Ascend pay the S/H back w/in a 30day timeframe?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Is the engineering for Energy now done in the Klipsch facilities?
I am not quite sure about the facilities - however, Klipsch is involved.

“We are especially proud of the new Veritas series because it marks the first time Klipsch Group engineers have collaborated on an Energy flagship product line,” said Mark Casavant, vice president of product development for Klipsch Group, Inc. “Determined to instill the same renowned audio expertise that has gone into all Energy speakers, we are pleased to offer a new product line that propels the flagship Veritas series to an even higher level of audiophile performance. Veritas offers movie and music lovers alike ultimate audio quality, lasting value and unrivalled design. It sounds as good as it looks – stunning!”

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Due to the Vann's killer price on the V-5.1 - I almost bought.
However, I suspect that some former Klipsch engineers, have
voiced it, some-what north of neutral.

From the looks of things - the Verus Grand is a winner - the
proof will always be in the hearing.
Hi Jim,

Very tempting and I see why. Have you seen any plots on them?

I can't find any Verus Grand Towers used anywhere. I guess all that buy them hang onto them. :):D

Cheers,
Den

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Since you moderate the Ascend Forum there --

1.) How much do their Towers Cost / Pair with High Gloss Cherry Wood Veneer Finish, and the RAAL Ribbon Tweeter including Shipping (Grand Total)? Are they off the shelf, or is there lead-time to have them shipped?

2.) What is their Warranty?

3.) If you don't like them, will Ascend pay the S/H back w/in a 30day timeframe?
From the forum(from which you are a member) sticky post:

We are pleased to announce that our next batch of Sierra Tower cabinets are in full production. Pre-order pricing is available from now through when we receive the next batch.

(availability last updated on 11/09)

Black Matte: $1898 immediate availability

High Gloss Black: $1998 available for pre-order
Satin Espresso: $1998 available for pre-order
Satin Cherry: $1998 available for pre-order
Natural: $1898 available for pre-order

*RAAL ribbon tweeter upgrade will add $350 for each speaker. This price is expected to increase significantly once our current supply runs out.

Please call or send an email if you would like to place an order or if we can be of any assistance.
Not sure if high gloss cherry is offered anymore as a standard finish. You should call if you are interested.

I am not sure of the current lead times.

Warranty (5 years and transferrable) and trial information is all on the website, which you do not need to be a member. Return shipping is not covered, but I believe Ascend will allow the use of their account for discounted shipping.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I am not quite sure about the facilities - however, Klipsch is involved.

“We are especially proud of the new Veritas series because it marks the first time Klipsch Group engineers have collaborated on an Energy flagship product line,” said Mark Casavant, vice president of product development for Klipsch Group, Inc. “Determined to instill the same renowned audio expertise that has gone into all Energy speakers, we are pleased to offer a new product line that propels the flagship Veritas series to an even higher level of audiophile performance. Veritas offers movie and music lovers alike ultimate audio quality, lasting value and unrivalled design. It sounds as good as it looks – stunning!”
I really liked the old Veritas line, and spent a couple of hours listening to the 2.4. I'd been interested in how the new Veritas sound.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I can't find any Verus Grand Towers used anywhere. I guess all that buy them hang onto them. :):D
It is probably due to the fact that they are still relatively new on the market. Give it another six months to a year.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Hi Jim,

Very tempting and I see why. Have you seen any plots on them?

Cheers,
Den
Aren't they a fairly new line of speakers? You wont see them used yet mostly because of that alone. :) Also, finding a good amount of one brand or the other on the used market doesn't mean its a bad product. People sell things for a million reasons, and a lot of the time they are moving up to the next product in the line or getting out of the hobby for financial reasons. What's telling is how fast said product gets snatched up from the used market.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
It is probably due to the fact that they are still relatively new on the market. Give it another six months to a year.
Doh - you beat me to it. :) I cannot type fast on my phone. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I really liked the old Veritas line, and spent a couple of hours listening to the 2.4. I'd been interested in how the new Veritas sound.
I almost bought the bookshelves - just the hobby itch.
Maybe some respected members, will listen or buy them
and respond back

It is interesting that Home Theater, did not measure them.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Excellent quality used product goes fast and is in demand for sure. :)

Aperion started shipping in production quantities the Verus Grand Towers this last Feb. of 2011, so correct it is still in it's first full yr. of production.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Home theater review, did not measure the V-5.1
Energy Veritas V-5.1 Speaker System | Home Theater

It will be a while before some one sells their Verus Grand.
Are you going to make up your mind before Christmas.?:)
Jim Z -- knowing you've been reading along on this Thread, what do you think I should do w/ all your audio experience for two front main towers "Dream Speakers" for the least amount of money & risk?

I always love Synergy, seems to get you closer to the best solution quicker. :)

Might have to change my Avatar then or very soon, and certainly displace those Klipsch Reference (?) Towers elsewhere.

Maybe the Avatar should be 3 vertical bars instead of the Tangerine Waveguide, does that stand for the three linear axis within the Cartesian Coordinate System supporting three degrees of bi-directional freedom on each axis, and ignoring the rotation about each of those axis?

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Jim Z -- knowing you've been reading along on this Thread, what do you think I should do w/ all your audio experience for two front main towers "Dream Speakers" for the least amount of money & risk?
It doesn't take much to overcome the lack of resolution, in the midrange
of the Klipsch speakers.
However, aim for the best that you can afford.
My gut feeling says, go for the Philharmonics. Dennis is even well known
in the DIY community.
Have you been to his website? He has modified some crossovers.
MurphyBlaster Productions

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis