Anyone have experience with the Emotiva XPA DR series? (Differential Reference amps)

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
How'd you do the quick switching between monolith and 3070 after level matching? Take measurements to back up all those changes in frequency response?
Pre-saved settings - Pattern 1/Pattern 2...for switching
No measurements...these are my personal listening comparisons with my ears on my specific speakers (complex impedance) with my selected list of music.
What measurements are you talking about? with a dummy 4 ohm/8 ohm load? that's supposed to tell you the whole story? If you get 10 lead engineers from 10 different amp manufacturers, put them all in a room and tell them that all their amps sound the same based on your dummy load test, they'll start laughing at you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pre-saved settings - Pattern 1/Pattern 2...for switching
No measurements...these are my personal listening comparisons with my ears on my specific speakers (complex impedance) with my selected list of music.
What measurements are you talking about? with a dummy 4 ohm/8 ohm load? that's supposed to tell you the whole story? If you get 10 lead engineers from 10 different amp manufacturers, put them all in a room and tell them that all their amps sound the same based on your dummy load test, they'll start laughing at you.
No, measurements of the output frequency response you say is so different. So how did you level match particularly, too? Anecdotal type stories are nice and all, but not particularly meaningful generally due to lack of controls in comparison, let alone measurement of such claimed differences. Could be your mood for all we know.

ps How do pre-saved settings preserve level differences particularly?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup. Sighted testing alone is notoriously flawed. Double blind is really the only way to eliminate bias.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Fcuk. More Amp 'phoolery.

Pretty certain this was in the drinking game. Start pounding it, Boys!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Fcuk. More Amp 'phoolery.

Pretty certain this was in the drinking game. Start pounding it, Boys!
Way ahead of you :) It is NYE after all....and no need to get to it in one particular time zone, right? :)

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Anecdotal type stories are nice and all, but not particularly meaningful generally due to lack of controls in comparison, let alone measurement of such claimed differences. Could be your mood for all we know.
Dude, you have no way of comprehensively assessing how an amp sounds for every complex impedance (every speaker) with every type of music. It just doesn't exist in your measurement kit. For what its worth, you would indeed look like a blooming idiot to every amp manufacturer who actually designs/builds amps when you go to him with your dummy load response and claim you now know how it sounds.

Until you figure out the above mentioned (which you won't), i'll say i heard a difference, you can say you didn't hear a difference.

I bet every dac, preamp, whatever else also sounds the same to you eh? What the fk ever sounds different to guys like you? Anything?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dude, you have no way of comprehensively assessing how an amp sounds for every complex impedance (every speaker) with every type of music. It just doesn't exist in your measurement kit. For what its worth, you would indeed look like a blooming idiot to every amp manufacturer who actually designs/builds amps when you go to him with your dummy load response and claim you now know how it sounds.

Until you figure out the above mentioned (which you won't), i'll say i heard a difference, you can say you didn't hear a difference.

I bet every dac, preamp, whatever else also sounds the same to you eh? What the fk ever sounds different to guys like you? Anything?
Dude, you have no idea....and quite the imagination. Maybe you're just part of the audiophool "herd"....hard to know.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Damn guys Michigan is getting there a$$ kicked right now!

Oh sh$t wrong thread! :D

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Dude, you have no idea....and quite the imagination. Maybe you're just part of the audiophool "herd"....hard to know.
Here you go.....you wouldn't hear any difference between this sunbuck and a Luxman
https://www.newegg.com/amp/p/12K-08VD-00001

You wouldn't hear any difference between this divine box and a 10000 dollar KEF either
https://www.newegg.com/p/0G6-017F-001V5

So, Schmoe, set fire to all your audiophool gear, buy the sunbuck instead and start sun buck dancing with your herd . Get that Revel dealer fraud, Amir Maji moo moo to measure it for you in his garage too while you're at it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here you go.....you wouldn't hear any difference between this sunbuck and a Luxman

You wouldn't hear any difference between this divine box and a 10000 dollar KEF either

So, Schmoe, set fire to all your audiophool gear, buy the sunbuck instead and start sun buck dancing with your herd . Get that Revel dealer fraud, Amir Maji moo moo to measure it for you in his garage too while you're at it.
I have no idea what the relevance of this post is...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Did an audiophile touch you in an inappropriate spot?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Schmoe, you are real stupid, but, i bet your herd tells you that you are real special when it fondles you in all the right places.
LOL just imagined you saying that with your face all red and spittle flyin'. I enjoyed that, thanks.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok Lovin and Am_P you guys gotta calm this down because your last two exchanges kindoff turned me on a little bit. I'm about ready to go find me some ports right now! :eek: :oops:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok Lovin and Am_P you guys gotta calm this down because your last two exchanges kindoff turned me on a little bit. I'm about ready to go find me some ports right now! :eek: :oops:
Sorry, I wouldn't wish that on the ports of course....besides I've just put AmPy where he belongs....on ignore.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis