Anybody else upset?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
As a country the US is always the first to help out other countries in need. Now in the aftermath of the hurricane we seem to be spread so thin across the globe, granted by our own decision, that we can't even help our own people effectively and in a timely fashion.
And while I'm on my soap box; Has anyone offered to help us? Are we going to be offer more than a "get well card" from other countries?
This really pisses me off!

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I 100% agree. This happens all the time............. And ticks me off as well...
Edit:: Also I live in South Florida, Not by choice. And we get hit here a lot.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
..... that we can't even help our own people effectively and in a timely fashion.
I highly doubt 250,000 combat troops and a few billion dollars worth of Surface To Air missles would be of much help to Mississippi & Louisiana really.

Unless you mean we should a smaller foreign-military force and a larger national guard, then I agree withg you.

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I think the point that is trying to be made is look at last summer and fall. There were four major hurricanes that did substantial damage to the point where some areas of Florida still haven't been cleaned up so they can re-build. Four really bad natural disasters and no help from the other cuntries. I know here in Maryland there are still people without homes from hurricane Isabel two years ago. This is in the Havre de Grace area. Two months later after all four hurricanes we are sending hundreds of millions of dollars, manpower and supplies to a country that is ravaged in civil war for a tidal wave. Not to mention that country is high on the child sex slavery ring and taining and paying for terrorism. Even ex presidents are raising enormous amounts of money to help them. I have yet to see them try and raise money for the poor,needy and homeless within the country they lived and screwed. Before their tidal wave they were within our country's military sights. If my thoughts are right, which they aren't always, isn't a 20 foot storm surge the same as a tidal wave?? If not, it sure as hell does the same amount of damage. When other countries have natural disaster we are there with help as soon as the smoke, or storm, clears with a full force of manpower and hundreds of millions of dollars. I have yet to see, or read, the news saying some outside country, other than maybe Canada or England, has sent help, supplies and money. Damn lucky my @ss isn't in a war room cause I'd sure be ready to hit the button.

Yeah, I may be an @ss sometimes but I'm tired of seeing my U.S. brothren and sisters suffer when we are helping and paying for everybody else. For those of you thinking racist, this is not about imigration, it is about making your country right and taking care of the ones who are working their @sses off so their country can take their hard earn dollars and give nothing back.

I think I'll get off my soap box.

Bryguy

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I 100% agree with all of you, especially you Bry. As for the Storm Surge/Tidal Wave thing, they're different. The Tsunami that pwned (gamer term'd!) SE Asia was generated by an underwater earthquake. The shockwave released by the plate shift was so intense that it greated a giant wave and...well you know how the story ends. The Storm Surge is just from the monsterous hurricane, its winds, and rain...no earthquake.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
You americans cause your own problems around the world so do not ***** to me. Maybe this should be a wake up call for you and the rest of the country to fix your own problems first before worrying what other countries are doing.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I actually agree with Privateer. The US is the largest debtor nation on earth but we get away with it because the dollar is the world's reserve currency...but history has shown that no empire lasts forever and all paper currencies (fiat money) eventually go to zero. Unfortunately we are on that path right now and if things don't change we could be in trouble.

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
So you know... the Red Cross up here in Canada has started making lists of professionals with disaster relief experience. Collections for relief supplies have started and are well under way.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
The US is the largest debtor nation on earth but we get away with it because the dollar is the world's reserve currency
It is more or less because japan and china keep it a float.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
What does fiat money have to do with the disaster in New Orleans and Mississippi?

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
Disaster Assistance

I actually felt really good today. One of the radio stations here in Houston raised almost $100k for disaster relief by taking "bribes" to play songs. (stuff on their playlist was cheap, obscure stuff was more difficult)

They ended up playing anything from Pantera to Nancy Sinatra...some songs raised as much as $1500. It was nice to hear that someone's doing that much to help.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
NomoSony said:
As a country the US is always the first to help out other countries in need. Now in the aftermath of the hurricane we seem to be spread so thin across the globe, granted by our own decision, that we can't even help our own people effectively and in a timely fashion.
And while I'm on my soap box; Has anyone offered to help us? Are we going to be offer more than a "get well card" from other countries?
This really pisses me off!
Let's see, you're pissed off because poor countries are not offering money to the richest country in the world? Do you think you should donate money to help Bill Gates if a tree were to fall on his car? It would be nice if Bill Gates would help you if a tree fell on your car, but the other way around is ridiculous.

And have you done any research at all to find out if any countries have offered to help?

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Pyrrho said:
Let's see, you're pissed off because poor countries are not offering money to the richest country in the world? Do you think you should donate money to help Bill Gates if a tree were to fall on his car? It would be nice if Bill Gates would help you if a tree fell on your car, but the other way around is ridiculous.

And have you done any research at all to find out if any countries have offered to help?
Trust me, these countries are all not as poor as you are putting it. Do I need to make examples?
We could start with stock piling arms, also countries which thrive on drug trafficking, granted U.S. buys a lot. But those governments are getting plenty. More examples needed? Not a problem.....
Tourism, of Americans to these other countries, etc....
This money does not all go to the people, But the government. So clearly they have money to put back into America in these situations...

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bryguy said:
I have yet to see, or read, the news saying some outside country, other than maybe Canada or England...
I wish people would stop referring to the UK as England. :mad: It's the equivalent of calling a Canadian an American. :mad:

Regards

Last edited:
Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Pyrrho said:

I don't recall bringing up money. My primary rant was directed at our government's practice of throwing resources, troops, people, and yes money all across the world and then being too inept to deal with matters on the homefront. I just paid $3.09 for a gallon of gas.

Dear George,
Put some money in my tank and let France do something for a change in the third world.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I think it was...

...George Washington who gave us this bit of advice..."Avoid foreign entanglements"...

Insofar as the Katrina tragedy is concerned, help will be provided...unfortunately it's a matter of logistics...time isn't on our side...outside help, while welcome, shouldn't be expected.

And somebody should really keep a sharp eye on those oil companies...why should current stocks demand higher prices? It seems to be profiteering, pure and simple...in a time of such a national emergency, prices on necessities should become fixed...the concept of supply and demand doesn't apply IMO...

We are just a step or two from anarchy...as for looters...they should be shot on sight. There's a state involved whose constitution prohibits invoking martial law...wonder if this example of post-catastrophe behavior will cause them to have a SERIOUS re-think on that item?

jimHJJ(...just my two-hundreths of a buck...)

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
spoiled Americans

I think some of you guys need to get some perspective. I don't know how you can possibly compare a castrophe that leaves hundreds of thousands dead with one that leaves a few hundred dead.

The Hurricane damage is huge. I know that. It is not Tsunami huge. It just seems that way because it happened to us (America). Many Americans have insurance and will have no problem rebuilding. The tsunami took lives, and you can't replace lives. Do you guys not fully realize how easy we have it in this country? I can't believe you are complaining about $3.00 gas prices!! If that is your biggest problem, well then consider yourself lucky. Maybe Buckle-Meister should tell you what he has pays for a liter of gas across the pond.

We don't need outside help, but I guarantee that many countries have said they would gladly help. I heard on CNN that the German Red Cross was ready to step in and help. We turned them away, saying we don't need their help. Getting money and goods for this disaster will not be a problem. Getting to the people right now is the problem.

We aren't spread too thin!! One of you geniuses explain to me how you are supposed to navigate a flooded area covered in millions of tons of debris. When you let me know I'll forward it on to the Army Corps of Engineers. The problem is communication and logistics, not a shortage of people to help.

A last note. I love my country. I love my freedom. I don't mean to sound harsh, but many of you sound like typical spoiled Americans. It's hard to feel sorry for some of these people when they could easily help others, but they choose to loot and use the situation for personal gain. How selfish and pathetic. I personally will continue to pray and give as much money as I can to help those I can. I won't sit around and feel sorry for myself because I have to pay $3.00 for gas.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Where's some other countries that have there hand out to us all the time? I havent heard anything about offers of help from Mexico that is close.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis